[QUOTE=
Old 07-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,435 Likes on 2,246 Posts

[QUOTE=mooty;12455074]
Originally Posted by Larry Cable

^ i like, the zen of quotes.....
there is something very wrong with my ability to quote!
Old 07-23-2015, 11:21 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

And here's my brother's pumpkin for comparison:

Old 07-24-2015, 02:00 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry for the OT, but here is some really great info, again from Larryf, on the (never before seen?) PTS colour list for the 918! It includes some previously impossible to get colours, like Sport Classic grey, RS orange, and Acid green!!! (mind blown) This, in addition to a number of ultra-desirable colours that are so famous they're known by just their first name (think Mexico, Viper (delivered recently - photo below), Birch, Gulf, Riviera, Voodoo, Arena, Mahatma, Tiger, Oprah, Eduardo). Plus someone is trying to produce a new Liquid Metal version of Pagani red! True paint to sample!! Gotta hand it to the 918 owners for taking full advantage of their VIP status to create some truly amazing cars. And big thanks to Larryf.

Originally Posted by Larryf

This is not the cali car, it is NY based and that is the name of the PTS color ordered from Porsche off their approved PTS list for the 918 buyers
Old 07-24-2015, 08:32 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I obviously posted pics in my purchase thread but that one will fade away. Here are pics of my 2014 riviera blue I picked up yesterday

Old 07-28-2015, 09:06 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stunning!!! Riviera is always a crowd pleaser.
I wonder how a 918 would look in UV?
Old 02-10-2018, 08:21 AM
aeromax
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
A) I don't see why not. The exterior components/surface materials of the 991 gt3 are similar those of the standard 991/981 bodies for which that color has already been tested & approved!

B) Interestingly, when the particular .2 997 gt3 RS (photos 1 & 2) was done in PTS 'Signal Yellow' at the request of a customer in the UK, others -including several customers here in the US - tried to order it too! Yet PAG denied all further requests for 'Signal Yellow' in the .2 997 and everyone assumed (although never confirmed) it must related to fade/coverage issues which had shown up with the UK gt3 RS and which might be generating expensive warranty 'repairs' from PAG. Then suddenly less than one year ago, 'Signal Yellow' appeared again on the list of approved PTS colors for the 991/981! Thank the Lord!

C) As an aside, 'Signal Yellow' is one of the hardest colors to match in the palette of automotive paints. I had an original factory paint 1973 911T sunroof coupe in this color (Photos 3 & 4) and I wanted three small paint repairs done early in its life to be perfectly matched with modern paints once I bought it. After some considerable expense, I gave up & sold the car in Europe when I was dissatisfied with the results of the 'match'! Nevertheless, 'Signal Yellow' remains one of my favorite colors on a Porsche and I would strongly recommend it to one & all. It looks particularly good on a 911. But it has been also done as a PTS on a Carrera GT owned by Rennlister Mike V., who has the only one built this color (photo 5, although in the photo looks more 'orange' than in real life!). And it's stunning on that model too!

D) The first 991 done in that PTS 'Signal Yellow' for the US might have just arrived at a dealership here in California. A Porsche dealer in the LA area has a 4S in a color that looks suspiciously like 'Signal Yellow' to me (last two photos thanks to Rennlister AdrianJara!). However, the General Manager is insisting in personal email exchanges I had with their dealership today that it's a completely different PTS color! I'll get to the bottom of this mystery pretty soon and report back.

E) At the very end of this post, you will find an old (dated Jan 23,2014) PTS list as an attachment. In it you will see 'Signal Yellow' on the approved column. I have been promised by both Melissa Witek and Matthew Henry, both Personal Design Consultants with PCNA's 'Porsche Exclusive' and whom I ran into at the 918 event at Sonoma Raceway on Wednesday, that they would send me the latest approved PTS list this coming week! I'll post that as soon as I get it.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

I know the client whom ordered the 997.2RS in Signal Yellow
the order was mismatched somewhere in the system but PAG, dealer and Client found a solution (££££) to get it painted
SADLY he sold it before driving it
Old 02-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

B) Interestingly, when the particular .2 997 gt3 RS (photos 1 & 2) was done in PTS 'Signal Yellow' at the request of a customer in the UK, others -including several customers here in the US - tried to order it too! Yet PAG denied all further requests for 'Signal Yellow' in the .2 997 and everyone assumed (although never confirmed) it must related to fade/coverage issues which had shown up with the UK gt3 RS and which might be generating expensive warranty 'repairs' from PAG. Then suddenly less than one year ago, 'Signal Yellow' appeared again on the list of approved PTS colors for the 991/981! Thank the Lord!

Originally Posted by aeromax
I know the client whom ordered the 997.2RS in Signal Yellow
the order was mismatched somewhere in the system but PAG,
dealer and Client found a solution (££££) to get it painted
SADLY he sold it before driving it
To clarify what you are saying, what do you mean 'the order was mismatched'?
The color was mismatched? Meaning slightly different hue on bumper than in the
hood, etc? Or something else not related to paint? When you say 'get it painted',
was the solution to repaint the entire car in the UK?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 02-12-2018, 05:38 AM
aeromax
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

To clarify what you are saying, what do you mean 'the order was mismatched'?
The color was mismatched? Meaning slightly different hue on bumper than in the
hood, etc? Or something else not related to paint? When you say 'get it painted',
was the solution to repaint the entire car in the UK?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
an administrative mistake was made processing the order-form: , none was made in production or painting

Quick Reply: PTS 991 GT3 Colors