Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

PTS 991 GT3 Colors

 
Old 06-13-2014, 05:22 PM
  #16  
Jamie140
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jamie140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Burlington/Barrie/Marco Island, Florida
Posts: 5,211
Default

Originally Posted by Conekilr View Post
I'm the dude that had the Fashion Grey GT3 order that has been pushed to a 2015 model. I have no confirmed dates at this time (no dates in the system yet) but like Jamie, I've been told maybe around Xmas for delivery..

There were no 2014 PTS GT3s built/delivered as far as I know...

Originally Posted by 991GT3 View Post
In my opinion PTS "fashion grey" could be one of the nicest paint jobs for a 991 GT3. Can't wait to see that one.

Why is Porsche so difficult with PTS paint jobs? It's probably more difficult to get PTS than a Grande Complication Patek or a Special Order Birkin.

Price is already expensive(in my country) why not charge a little more and have system that works?
Originally Posted by 991GT3 View Post
GREAT choice! Please share some pics if you get it!
I think fashion grey is THE colour for this car!
Jamie140 is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 PM
  #17  
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
MJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,568
Default

fashion grey
Attached Images  
MJones is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 PM
  #18  
0Q991
Super User
 
0Q991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,708
Default

Originally Posted by MJones View Post
fashion grey
Gorgeous color.
0Q991 is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:40 PM
  #19  
Cyrek
User
 
Cyrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 530
Default

I'm trying to do a 15 Mexico B. Rivera looks real good if that's real.
Cyrek is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:49 PM
  #20  
Pat L.
User
 
Pat L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by Conekilr View Post
I'm the dude that had the Fashion Grey GT3 order that has been pushed to a 2015 model. I have no confirmed dates at this time (no dates in the system yet) but like Jamie, I've been told maybe around Xmas for delivery..

There were no 2014 PTS GT3s built/delivered as far as I know...


Jealous!!! Perfect color on any 991.
Pat L. is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 02:13 AM
  #21  
Z356
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Z356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,879
Default

Originally Posted by Macca View Post
Id be very surprised is any PTS cars left the factory let alone RHD cars for Indonesia. I received one of the first RHD cars. I asked for PTS and at the time was very firmly told that it would at earliest be April 2014 build and that I could be at risk from loosing my "early RHD VIP order".
Originally Posted by Conekilr View Post
There were no 2014 PTS GT3s built/delivered as far as I know...
Correct.

Originally Posted by 991GT3 View Post
Why is Porsche so difficult with PTS paint jobs?
You don't want to know...and it will take too long to explain!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

.
Attached Images
Z356 is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 03:24 AM
  #22  
montoya
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
montoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,085
Default

I'm waiting for info on my PTS opportunity as well. I have an October build.

BTW- the broker that helped me with my allocation has a Mexico blue 2014 GT3 that is available for big money over list (at least as of last week).
montoya is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 11:54 AM
  #23  
Conekilr
User
 
Conekilr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 982
Default

Originally Posted by montoya View Post
....
BTW- the broker that helped me with my allocation has a Mexico blue 2014 GT3 that is available for big money over list (at least as of last week).

It was my understanding that the PTS build window for the 2014 GT3s was March/April. My original PTS build was scheduled for April and the stop sale was in February, so I can't see how any 2014 PTS cars would have been built before then...

Just saying...

Conekilr is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 12:00 PM
  #24  
montoya
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
montoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,085
Default

Originally Posted by Conekilr View Post
It was my understanding that the PTS build window for the 2014 GT3s was March/April. My original PTS build was scheduled for April and the stop sale was in February, so I can't see how any 2014 PTS cars would have been built before then...

Just saying...

Just sayin that if you have the money the Mexico Blue is available here stateside (edit: waiting for rebuild of course). I don't know anything else about it other than that. Several cars are also available in Germany waiting for rebuild. If I had to guess this is a customer that decided not to wait for his rebuild and it is probably one of the first PTS production cars.
montoya is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 01:07 PM
  #25  
Conekilr
User
 
Conekilr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 982
Default

Originally Posted by montoya View Post
Just sayin that if you have the money the Mexico Blue is available here stateside (edit: waiting for rebuild of course). I don't know anything else about it other than that. Several cars are also available in Germany waiting for rebuild. If I had to guess this is a customer that decided not to wait for his rebuild and it is probably one of the first PTS production cars.
If this is the case, then this would be a rare car...Would love to see pictures of it...

Conekilr is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 01:35 PM
  #26  
Nick Yoskin
User
 
Nick Yoskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 750
Default

Originally Posted by Conekilr View Post
If this is the case, then this would be a rare car...Would love to see pictures of it...

DITTO
Nick Yoskin is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 01:39 PM
  #27  
CAlexio
Super User
 
CAlexio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 8,300
Default

PTS is definitely available on the 2015 cars, and after all this waiting, and all this learning thanks to this group, it is starting to look to me like the smartest money one can spend on gt3 options
CAlexio is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 06:42 PM
  #28  
montoya
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
montoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,085
Default

Originally Posted by Conekilr View Post
If this is the case, then this would be a rare car...Would love to see pictures of it...

I'm not making it up, it's available 20K over list, probably at port or dealer waiting for engine replacement.
montoya is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 08:19 PM
  #29  
Conekilr
User
 
Conekilr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 982
Default

Originally Posted by montoya View Post
I'm not making it up, it's available 20K over list, probably at port or dealer waiting for engine replacement.
Not accusing you of making it up as you're probably just passing on what you've heard...Just would like to see proof based on what I had gathered about PTS for 2014s...

Conekilr is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 09:11 PM
  #30  
Pat L.
User
 
Pat L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 52
Default

Saw an aquamarine blue (from speedster and 356) 32 roadster at the LA Roadster Show today... definitely a potential winner for a PTS color. That particular car won at Oakland Roadster show two years ago.

Pat L. is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTS 991 GT3 Colors


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: