Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Clearance. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 03:46 PM
QQQ1970
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I saw the heading I thought this is a GT3 clearance sale. So disappointing...
Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
The rear is higher than the front and does not have the extended lower front lip. Getting out is not problem because the car will be inclined toward the rear.

FWIW, a friend of mine owned a CGT and had a garage that he had to drive DOWN into and would scrape the front overhang. By simply backing into the garage the problem was solved. I have done it with the Ferrari's I used to own. Of course much would depend on how steep the downward incline of the driveway is. But if it too steep it would not matter if you had a lifter. You will still scrap.

BTW, regardless if you have lifter and how careful you try to be you while using the car you will scrap the front end. It cannot be avoided.
It still doesn't make any sense to me. If let's say I am going to drive in the garage backwards eventually the car is going to touch the ground with the front lip at the exactly same position on the driveway as I would have driven it out from the garage (forward). The whole geometry of the driveway and the car doesn't change.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:34 AM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
It still doesn't make any sense to me. If let's say I am going to drive in the garage backwards eventually the car is going to touch the ground with the front lip at the exactly same position on the driveway as I would have driven it out from the garage (forward). The whole geometry of the driveway and the car doesn't change.
which was kind of my point. unless he has a garage big enough to turn the car around in...
Old 05-31-2014, 11:41 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Additionally, at least with my 991S, the overhang in the back is much longer than in the front, so you'd be even more likely to do damage back there. Maybe even to a tailpipe.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:00 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

Guy's your assuming the car remains static as you enter or exist the garage. The incline affects the dynamics of the suspension.

All I know it worked for me and my friend AND as I posted earlier, much would depend on the steepness of the incline. If too steep, whether you have a lifter or not will not make any difference.

Quick Reply: GT3 Clearance. Please help!