Received my 2015 GT3 dates today

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 02:54 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Take a selfie next to my car.
Did factory tour and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately our guide (while really knowedgeable in general) had little intel on the gt3 situation at least that he could share. I can report we saw a couple of gt3 engines in production and that he thought 40 was too high an estimate for daily production. Gt3 engines on same engine line as all other flat 6 engines so ? seems to debunk theory that issue was one of torque on bolts due to tool calibration (otherwise other engines possibly affected). Also we saw 3 gt3s around the factory outside including a red one being driven into an underground area (no transport protection so maybe german car heading in for repair??). No cars seen on fire! No selfies with cars possible as they take away all phones and cameras. Presumably the german cars getting fixed at factory are not entering the regular production line--Based on what we saw that would be virtually impossible, so the way theyll take engines out and swap them will likely be identical to at port etc elsewhere. Also fwiw not a single gt3 car on the production line. Btw shout out to vic50 who we bumped into at the factory! Great to meet you and hope everything got sorted out and you had a safe flight home.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Regarding color, I ordered a White one and I am happy with my decision. This car also looks great in every color which is kind of a rare trait. But, if I could go back I would order my Gt3 in red. They lent me a Red C2S loaner and I owned a red 997.2 Turbo and I am now convinced that red is the way to go - but not for everybody. Red just pops
Old 05-28-2014, 11:55 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Did factory tour and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately our guide (while really knowedgeable in general) had little intel on the gt3 situation at least that he could share. I can report we saw a couple of gt3 engines in production and that he thought 40 was too high an estimate for daily production. Gt3 engines on same engine line as all other flat 6 engines so ? seems to debunk theory that issue was one of torque on bolts due to tool calibration (otherwise other engines possibly affected). Also we saw 3 gt3s around the factory outside including a red one being driven into an underground area (no transport protection so maybe german car heading in for repair??). No cars seen on fire! No selfies with cars possible as they take away all phones and cameras. Presumably the german cars getting fixed at factory are not entering the regular production line--Based on what we saw that would be virtually impossible, so the way theyll take engines out and swap them will likely be identical to at port etc elsewhere. Also fwiw not a single gt3 car on the production line. Btw shout out to vic50 who we bumped into at the factory! Great to meet you and hope everything got sorted out and you had a safe flight home.
Nice. I'll have to do the tour one day. Need to convince the boss, aka the Mrs.

Well, at least the info is consistent and it shows why timing for swaps is as slow as it is. I just want to have it done right.

Quick Reply: Received my 2015 GT3 dates today