Sponsored by:

I am OUT...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamFromTX View Post
It's a great buy for sure but considering all those owners getting rid of their cars at great losses so soon, it makes me believe the car is not all that. Sure, fast, awesome, etc but clearly lacking an enjoyment factor. I don't expect the GT3 to have any similar turnaround, not even close. Because of that, my opinion is that the GT3 is the buy of the decade right now. Granted, I only sat in the McLaren, never drove it.
I wont get into the attributes of the 12c, most here dont care. I will just say that it is "all that".

I think the reason owners dumped their 12c with no miles and lost their *** was because they could. The majority of them wanted the new spider that was released, and didnt care about losing 100k. Score 1 for Mclaren.

The reason there are/were so many 12c available is that there are only so many $250k buyers out there. Mclaren is still learning about supply/demand. Something they can learn from pag, no doubt.

Until then, it leaves buyers like me in a position to buy an incredible car at a crazy price. Score 1 for me.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
I do not particularly like its styling. The 12C that is. A little low key so I can see how some may like it who do not want to draw to much attention but the car does not move me. Sort of like the Audi R8 I traded in. Loved it until I looked at it every day in my garage and it lost its luster quick. Never had that problem with my 997.2 Red Turbo. God I wish I never got rid of that car.

Now, I will reserve my opinion on the 650S until I see it in person. In pictures it does look a little more radical than the 12C
Cmon Jim

The r8 isnt exotic looking? It was the most obnoxious (in a good way) car I owned. (I had 2) And I would get another in a heartbeat.

The 12c, when seen in the flesh, rivals any car out there for timeless styling that is also exotic.

As much as I love the gt3: Its definitely tough looking, but sorry, its not exotic looking.

And sadly, unless you are a car guy and know what a gt3 is, its just a "souped up 911 with a wing" . People on the streets words, not mine.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber

And sadly, unless you are a car guy and know what a gt3 is, its just a "souped up 911 with a wing" . People on the streets words, not mine.
Eh. Who cares about people on the streets words. Not me. Having gone down the Ferrari path in the past, I'm not interested in an exotic. A souped up 911 is enough for me.

I'm not knocking the mclaren or those who opted for one. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it did 'it' for me.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:12 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

I couldnt care what other people think as well. Thats why Ive had 4 gt3.

My point was that if Im buying a pcar, unless its a cgt or a 918, its not anything special to look at...and for me, when its possible, I like the total package.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Lumber - We all have different tastes. Yes, I used to think the R8 was exotic looking so I bought a 2011 Audi R8 V10 over a year and a half ago. But for some reason I just lost my lust for it. It did not have the appeal it initially had and wore off. I can not explain. I will not put the car down. The engine is sweet, the manual is one of the best; but the car sort of drives itself if you know what I mean. It makes an idiot driver look great. I like I car that you need to sort of tame a little.

For instance; I love the looks of Lamborghinis. I have always loved their styling since a little boy. If the GT3 did not work out tat would be the car I would be driving. I just do not know what it is. I keep on looking at the Huracan.

To each their own I guess. That is what I like about this forum. We all can share with each other what maybe our family and friends could care less about
Old 07-02-2014, 01:21 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Right on.

Im not one to push my views on anyone, sorry.

Its great to have the choices that we have, I will agree to that.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wont get into the attributes of the 12c, most here dont care. I will just say that it is "all that".....
Jack,

I would be very interested in your thoughts/comparisons between the 12C and GT3, perhaps in a separate thread....

If I weren't keen on the GT3, the 12C would have been my second choice.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 991 GT3 Versus Ferrari

I placed my order on my GT3 at the end of November, it is now expected to be here in September. I told the COO of PNA I thought this car would be my Ferrari "killer".

Not a chance, I placed an order for my F12 at the end of April (2014) was to be delivered in September, guess what the Factory sent me two weeks ago? Picture of my completed car. Hope to see it the end of this month.
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Holy crap that's beautiful clocked. Congrats
Old 07-02-2014, 02:04 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
I placed my order on my GT3 at the end of November, it is now expected to be here in September. I told the COO of PNA I thought this car would be my Ferrari "killer". Not a chance, I placed an order for my F12 at the end of April (2014) was to be delivered in September, guess what the Factory sent me two weeks ago? Picture of my completed car. Hope to see it the end of this month.
GORGEOUS!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
I placed my order on my GT3 at the end of November, it is now expected to be here in September. I told the COO of PNA I thought this car would be my Ferrari "killer".

Not a chance, I placed an order for my F12 at the end of April (2014) was to be delivered in September, guess what the Factory sent me two weeks ago? Picture of my completed car. Hope to see it the end of this month.
Clocked, your F12 is insane - definitely more pics as you get them, or when the car arrives. Congratulations. Really a work of art.
Congratulations.
Jeff
Old 07-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice pick up! I just drove my buddy's F12, fast as hell, feels a lot faster than my Aventador. Congrats!!

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I do not particularly like its styling. The 12C that is. A little low key so I can see how some may like it who do not want to draw to much attention but the car does not move me. Sort of like the Audi R8 I traded in. Loved it until I looked at it every day in my garage and it lost its luster quick. Never had that problem with my 997.2 Red Turbo. God I wish I never got rid of that car.

Now, I will reserve my opinion on the 650S until I see it in person. In pictures it does look a little more radical than the 12C
I personally like the look of my McLaren, I see myself driving it a lot...
Old 07-02-2014, 02:56 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking Fcar Clocked!
Old 07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Gary
That f12 is sick. I think you're going to have a hard time getting any work done when that shows up...

Streetking
Nice 12c. I love it in white. You'll have to give your comparo since you can still jump between the two cars. And you appear to be a car lover, not a brand lover...

After putting 2k miles on my gt3, I sold it for the 12c. I don't think the Mac is a boring car. I think the gt3 sounds better and has a faster shifting trans. But the 12c does a whole lot really really well. Can't go wrong either way.

And without making this another camaro thread...I'll just say that there is something out there for everyone.
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clocked, If your Ferrari gets here before the GT3, I would just turn the GT3 back in. Driving that car will make you forget all the issues that you have with PCNA.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I couldnt care what other people think as well. Thats why Ive had 4 gt3.

My point was that if Im buying a pcar, unless its a cgt or a 918, its not anything special to look at...and for me, when its possible, I like the total package.
I agree. Never have I thought Porsche's are special to look at. The only reason why I opted for the GT3 is it's styling does distinguish it from other Porsches's and it provides a rawness and performance value which other cars do not.

The McLaren is a terrific car but every time I got serious about it I could not find the value in it. Particularly with the epic depreciation the 12C is experiencing. I thought about the 650S but everything I read about it is it is a 12C with just more power. I suspect the 650 will experience similar depreciation.

Gary, your F12 is to die for. A fabulous car in every respect. But front engine Ferrari's have depreciation issues. Personally, I would pick up a used one in a year or two at a substantially reduced price with the seven year warranty.

Quick Reply: I am OUT...