Sponsored by:

Panorama Article

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panorama Article

The May issue of Panorama contains a statement that "Porsche should by now have installed brand-new 475 horsepower engines in all 785 of the 991-based GT3's it sold for the 2014 model year". This is a very big piece of mis-information. My car was delivered in mid January and I have yet to receive a message or call about engine replacement.
I suggest a lot of letters to the Editor with some comments about the incompetent (IMHO) handling of the problem. The email is: editor@pca.org
Old 05-18-2014, 09:07 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Huh? Why complain about an article in a club's magazine that speculated that the new engines would be installed by now? It's not like the members of PCA were supposed to install the engines.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:19 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

PCA ≠ PCNA

Even I would've thought we'd have our cars by now, so that was a safe assumption by the Panorama writer. No fault there. They had no way of knowing we'd be looking at July ~ September.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:48 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 759 Likes on 377 Posts

Keep in mind...articles submitted to be published in Pano have to be there over a month in advance. i.e. for it to make the May issue, it had to be submitted by the end of March...probably was earlier anyway. And...you're reading the comments from Michael and Andrew Cotton - from European Windows...meaning it's a look at Porsche related stuff over in Europe...where, yes, they HAVE started to replace the engines.

Really? You want to complain to PCA because PAG is ruining your summer? Why not complain to PAG a bit louder?

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 05-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

naroescape: I am not complaining to PCA about anything. Give me an address for anyone at PAG that cares. No one a PCNA seems to.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:09 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Look, I sympathize with you guys that are in this situation, I really do. But your comment: "I suggest a lot of letters to the Editor with some comments about the incompetent (IMHO) handling of the problem." seemed a bit out of line IMO. I know Pete the editor pretty well, and have met Andrew Cotton multiple times. I'm sure they, as everyone, expected this fiasco to be a short story, not an epic novel, so jumping all over them for something completely out of their control seemed a bit harsh.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:29 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

Thanks, Bob, but no worries with the OP.

I still scan the Stop Sale thread to keep an eye on things, but I can't keep up with it...and can't believe how many posts there are. Seeing the anguish is no fun at all. As to the comments above, they are correct: The Cottons were working off of information they had from their sources over there, which appear to be as optimistic as any elsewhere...

pete
Old 05-19-2014, 02:21 AM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

nanoescape: You still don't get it. No criticism of PCA or anyone at Pano is intended. I don't blame Stout or the Cottons for believing what was clearly misinformation from PAG and/or PCNA.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:11 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by stout
Thanks, Bob, but no worries with the OP.

I still scan the Stop Sale thread to keep an eye on things, but I can't keep up with it...and can't believe how many posts there are. Seeing the anguish is no fun at all. As to the comments above, they are correct: The Cottons were working off of information they had from their sources over there, which appear to be as optimistic as any elsewhere...

pete
Hey Pete
Yeah, I do too and have posted a bit on there because I have a couple buddies who are in the same holding pattern as everyone else, but don't do Rennlist...so I kinda comment/read on their behalf...really sucks, and a bit disappointing what's going on. I personally applaud Porsche for taking the drastic step of replacing EVERY motor, but I understand the frustration with owners about the poor or lacking communication by PAG/PCNA.
Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche
nanoescape: You still don't get it. No criticism of PCA or anyone at Pano is intended. I don't blame Stout or the Cottons for believing what was clearly misinformation from PAG and/or PCNA.
Rallyeporsche, sorry then, I obviously misunderstood when you seemingly pointed the finger at PCA about "the incompetent handling of the problem". Obviously the other posters read it that way too. IF what you meant was that maybe having a lot of people send letters to Pano to voice the displeasure that the membership has with PAG/PCNA, then no argument there (though I'm sure Pete would have his hands full!!) My apologies if that was the intent.

I see too many times people pointing misguided anger at the PCA staff, who, IMO, do a phenomenal job with the club operations. And while I myself don't always agree with all the decisions, I for some reason feel compelled to say something when inaccurate cheap shots are taken at the staff. Again, sorry if that was not the intent and I misunderstood.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche
naroescape: I am not complaining to PCA about anything. Give me an address for anyone at PAG that cares. No one a PCNA seems to.
You are 100% correct about that. No one at PAG or PCNA really gives a **** about the enthusiast market; unimportant in overall economic terms.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Nanoescape: Thanks. You expressed my feeling better than I did. I have worked with many of the PCA people over the years (still do) and they are all great people.

Quick Reply: Panorama Article