Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it appears once again for maybe the X number of times we have gotten promised dates to obtain information that once again was false, a lie whatever you care to call it.

This is not Ian's issue but the incompetent people throughout the Porsche organization he works for.

In my over 30 years in a professional service industry that I have come across a company that is incompetent when it comes to customer service and has created such distrust by the lack of continued lies, misinformation, failure to meet a decline as Porsche.

They do not deserve to earn my money and have yet to provide any reason I should trust them. It has been since February this lack of understanding of its customers and what they expect which is really information and truthful information at that, that is appalling to me.

Each of you will decide what you will do, I for one will not give Porsche my business they have never even tried to earn my trust and I can guess the same for each of you.

Many of you say the car is worth it, however how many of you still deal with people you don't trust or people that fail at every turn?

Yes I am on my soap box again but I just don't work with people or companies I have to question "will they come through this time". We are the customers not Porsche you arrogant SOB's
Old 05-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I understand your frustrations. I am almost at that point as well. I am not sure what I am going to do and it depends on what they tell me regarding when the engine will be replaced. If it is several months down the road then I may bail.

How hard can it be to give us an estimate when we can expect to drive our cars? They have had the fix for almost a month now and yet we have been kept in the dark while many in the ROW have had their engines delivered and replaced.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:58 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Agree. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football...
Old 05-13-2014, 04:03 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
Agree. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football...
Totally agree. Only that Lucy follows up with a People's Elbow to my face afterwards.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:05 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
In my over 30 years in a professional service industry that I have come across a company that is incompetent when it comes to customer service and has created such distrust by the lack of continued lies, misinformation, failure to meet a decline as Porsche.
I for one experienced abundance of continued lies, not lack of thereof . And I think Porsche will not fail to meet a decline if they continue like that. LOL.

Sorry for picking on typos, but it was too funny.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Email just arrived and basically said priority will be production date completion and concierge will contact us individual to discuss specifics.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:14 PM
0Q991
Drifting

The long-awaited letter from PCNA has arrived...

Underwhelmed? Beyond. Any guesses on when the calls will start?

Dear Mr. ******:

I am writing to update you about the current status of the engine replacement for your Porsche 911 GT3.

I am pleased to confirm with you that production of the new engines has started in Germany and Porsche AG is in the process of distributing these new engines globally to all affected customers. In the interest of fairness, the delivery of new engines will be prioritized on the date of production completion of your vehicle.

Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need. We are continuing to work diligently with our colleagues in Germany to expedite the production, transport and installation process.

I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your continued patience.

Yours sincerely,
Tim Quinn
Vice President, AfterSales
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Tim Quinn was not fired. Sorry but that letter was crap. Not one single word of useful information. This took weeks to issue?

Who on this sight did not already know engines have started production?

Porsche must think we have the education of a 2 year old!!

(Sorry about previous typos - was not an English major)
Old 05-13-2014, 04:21 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
The long-awaited letter from PCNA has arrived...

Underwhelmed? Beyond. Any guesses on when the calls will start?

Dear Mr. ******:

I am writing to update you about the current status of the engine replacement for your Porsche 911 GT3.

I am pleased to confirm with you that production of the new engines has started in Germany and Porsche AG is in the process of distributing these new engines globally to all affected customers. In the interest of fairness, the delivery of new engines will be prioritized on the date of production completion of your vehicle.

Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need. We are continuing to work diligently with our colleagues in Germany to expedite the production, transport and installation process.

I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your continued patience.

Yours sincerely,
Tim Quinn
Vice President, AfterSales
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Agreed - I too just got this useless letter. Hope we get called soon as I am really running out of patience....weather is amazing and still no useful info after 3 months.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:26 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by JCBH
Agreed - I too just got this useless letter. Hope we get called soon as I am really running out of patience....weather is amazing and still no useful info after 3 months.
Agreed, Jeff.

Patience is a virtue and my virtue is waning. Quickly.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

I am beginning to believe Porsche would like to see many of us bail on the car. It would be a lot cheaper for Porsche to not to have to pay us the monthly and they would be able to sell the cars not delivered at MSRP.

To not provide us a time frame when we will hear from our concierge is inexcusable. To write "shortly" instead of "in the next few days" can mean in Porsche time a month or even more.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:31 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Ditto, and now we wait for a phone call

Whatever.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

We were told to expect a generic letter and we got exactly that.

Now we wait for the call.....
Old 05-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

What was the purpose of the letter? Like we didn't know that Porsche was producing engines and in the process of distributing them? The only confirmed information was priority which now is date of completion.

As far as the phone call, I wouldn't hold my breath for anytime soon. We are being strung out.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:45 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone thinking of calling them rather than wait?

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates