Not again!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 04:35 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not again!!!???

You won't believe this...

On 20 April, I was pleasantly surprised when I received a call from my BMW sales guy that my new (F80) M3 would arrive in the port on 25 April, a good 2 months earlier than planned and expected. Epic!

Consequently, I urgently try to sell my wife's Infiniti FX 50S (which the M3 will replace), arrange insurance and reshuffle funds and wire them overseas between my different accounts so I can pay the car cash here. On various forums, I also saw that the first M3 in the UAE, or probably the world, is delivered a very happy owner by the BMW dealer in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday 23 April.

Today, my sales guy calls me again with good and bad news:
- the good news: your car is here at the dealership, you can come and see it.
- the bad news: we have received a letter from BMW Middle East which informs us that we are NOT allowed to deliver any M3 / M4 until the global launch on 21 June...

Seriously!?

I went to the dealership and spoke with the Sales Manager, who is as frustrated as I am. This issue is now being escalated, but I'm not holding my breath...

In the meantime I'm wondering:
1. Why the dealer and the factory didn't communicate properly to give me a decent heads-up of the upcoming arrival, I mean, the boat trip takes 3 weeks at least...
2. Why the factory in Germany shipped that car to the Middle East whilst the global launch date was long-decided already;
3. How the Middle East office can decide not to allow for deliveries anymore, even though there is one 'out there already' that obviously cannot be called back in;
4. Whether a M5 loaner would look good next to the Panamera S?

So, I might end up with 2 amazing German cars, both perfectly fine to run (it seems), locked at the dealers' premises, 10 minutes away from me, but not allowed to drive them for another 2 months...

I guess I'm jinxed? Or should only buy cars from 'reliable' Italian companies from now on? Because that process was perfect on all counts...

P.S. Yes, I know. First World Problem!
P.P.S. It does look amazing though!
Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Boy- You are having a year. At least your compiling a bunch of Loaners. It could be a record. You probably can lease them out . I wonder if they are actually using your car for the launch and that is why it arrived so early. If they are not but they are just holding it until they cut the ribbon that is stupid.

But, why not beat the hell out of the M5 also and give us an update on a comparison between the Loaners. I always wanted the driving impressions of the M5. I know it may be a little heavy but give us a good comparison against the Panamera. I am so bored waiting for my GT3 any sports car details get me excited. I do not care for the Panamera but would be interested in how the M5 stacks up.

In the end, welcome to being the first for a new model. You'ld think we would learn a lesson
Old 04-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 913 Posts

I'll take the M3 issue over the GT3 issue any day.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:24 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
I'll take the M3 issue over the GT3 issue any day.
+1!!!

That color looks amazing! And it didn't cost $5,500?!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:34 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Sounds like tough issues to have.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
In the end, welcome to being the first for a new model. You'ld think we would learn a lesson
Jimmy, I know the risks of that. Hence the very pleasant surprise with my Speciale. Because it was perfectly on time. And bulletproof since. And trust me, it took some abuse already.

I still have hope that the escalation within the dealership here brings some sense into the regional office. If not, I'll demand an M5 just so I can play with it and report back to you...
Old 04-29-2014, 03:21 AM
Clocked
Racer

You know my answer to your question..... Stick with the Italians. You have a great Ferrari dealer there. They were very helpful to me in selecting options for my US bound F-12.

Over the past 5 years the Italians have been able to build a high quality street legal racing machines except for the FF in my option( not for racing). Along with providing free scheduled maintenance for 7 years that BMW and Porsche don't do!!

Enjoy the loaners.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:36 AM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTom77
Jimmy, I know the risks of that. Hence the very pleasant surprise with my Speciale. Because it was perfectly on time. And bulletproof since. And trust me, it took some abuse already.

I still have hope that the escalation within the dealership here brings some sense into the regional office. If not, I'll demand an M5 just so I can play with it and report back to you...
you won't like the M5, trust me .... been there done ii....:::))
peter
Old 04-29-2014, 04:42 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts

1st world problems . Color looks amazing!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:43 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Originally Posted by markow
you won't like the M5, trust me .... been there done ii....:::))
peter
I know, Peter, and I don't want it instead. Just temporarily, an (another) loaner (for my wife to drive since we've sold her car and she doesn't like the Panamera because it's too big) whilst we're waiting for the M3 to be released from its cage!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:04 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

^What car are you getting next Tom? Just want to stay clear... j/k , awesome garage, awesome new addition.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:00 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Originally Posted by sunnyr
^What car are you getting next Tom? Just want to stay clear... j/k , awesome garage, awesome new addition.

Actually, I haven't thought about that yet. All the movements this year were carefully planned, so with my garage 'settled' in a couple of months (with probably the 1M, M3 and Speciale remaining), I'm done. For a while.

When that changes, I'll give you a heads-up!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

That, my friend, is one cool colour!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:31 AM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTom77

Actually, I haven't thought about that yet. All the movements this year were carefully planned, so with my garage 'settled' in a couple of months (with probably the 1M, M3 and Speciale remaining), I'm done. For a while.

When that changes, I'll give you a heads-up!

i think you need to swap your GT3 for an RS::))
in fact, i have a guaranteed slot for the GT3 RS but not sure whether i want it. either i go comfort, then it will be the 458 successor or, if i go hardcore, then the RS.....what a hard life::)))
Old 04-29-2014, 01:23 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that's not good news. I have an F82 M4 that just finished production in Munich. I'm supposed to take delivery well before June 21st.

I'm screwed too, then! FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Quick Reply: Not again!!!???