Sponsored by:

Not again!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:58 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redleg321
Well that's not good news. I have an F82 M4 that just finished production in Munich. I'm supposed to take delivery well before June 21st.

I'm screwed too, then! FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
Well, the latest news (as per yesterday) is that it seems like my car won't be delivered until the 21st of June. The dealership hasn't given up the fight just yet, but sadly, I don't see them win. Regardless their size.

So, now I own a GT3. But I'm not able to drive it. And have an M3. But I'm not allowed to drive it. Lovely!

The BIG difference is, BMW actually communicates to me. Regularly. The Sales Manager calls me back when they promised to call me back. Even if there is no news to report yet, they tell me that. It's very funny to see how much impact that has on my mental frame of mind. In case you're seeing this Porsche, take note. Or don't.

They offered me a loaner for the wife on Sunday. Not an M-model, because they don't have M-cars in the fleet. And once it's certain that I won't get the car for 7 weeks, I'll see what they will offer to make it right. More warranty, a better service package, a VIP factory visit with loan M3 in Germany in the summer (because they screwed up my European delivery), a discounted M235i Racing, etc. Any thoughts?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,724 Likes on 914 Posts

Take the M235i Racing and don't look back.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Originally Posted by Nizer
Take the M235i Racing and don't look back.
Different purpose. The M3 is for my wife...
Old 05-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Let her drive the 1M
Old 05-02-2014, 11:26 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

^^ LOL, similar thoughts hahaha.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious TomTom, but are you & others concerned at all about the adverse affects on a car that sits for a considerable time? I know it's not many months or years, but I know how even a couple of weeks can begin to adversely affect the tires...
Old 05-02-2014, 12:03 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tom, June 21 is next month Let the excitement build up until delivery
Old 05-02-2014, 12:11 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus
Just curious TomTom, but are you & others concerned at all about the adverse affects on a car that sits for a considerable time? I know it's not many months or years, but I know how even a couple of weeks can begin to adversely affect the tires...
Two weeks? My 911's both sat for four months on a trickle charger. No issues.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Tires and mechanicals wouldn't concern me. Paint is a whole other issue. I recently saw a stop sale car that's been sitting completely exposed on dealer lot since mid-February. It'll likely be there another couple of months from the sounds of it. Luckily this car was white so the impact is less than for dark colors but that kind of exposure can have a real impact on paint and if it were my car I'd be after the dealer to cover paint restoration by a professional detailer before delivery.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:44 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Let her drive the 1M
She does from time to time. But prefers a DCT over a manual. And wants 4 doors. Don't ask me why... Trust me, I tried that. Don't go there...

Tires and mechanicals wouldn't concern me. Paint is a whole other issue. I recently saw a stop sale car that's been sitting completely exposed on dealer lot since mid-February. It'll likely be there another couple of months from the sounds of it. Luckily this car was white so the impact is less than for dark colors but that kind of exposure can have a real impact on paint and if it were my car I'd be after the dealer to cover paint restoration by a professional detailer before delivery.
Tires are indeed less an issue than paint. And my car has delivery stickers and glue on it, also on the carbon fiber roof. Expose those to 7 weeks of desert summer sun and 40+ degrees C heat and things start to luck ugly, I'm afraid...

I can live with the wait, hey, I'm expertly trained by our Porsche friends over the last 9 months. But it's just stupid because a friend of mine got his delivered in Abu Dhabi already...
Old 05-02-2014, 11:49 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

White car sitting at the port since March 6th
Old 05-03-2014, 12:13 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
White car sitting at the port since March 6th
+1 -- Right next to Silverrules' car.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:05 AM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude - your car story this year is epic. Hope to catch up soon!
Old 05-03-2014, 01:26 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I would be going nuts if my car were sitting outside in a port for months. All the rubber seals, paint, all the nooks and crannies getting nasty stuff in the them. That part is unconscionable to me
Old 05-03-2014, 01:34 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I would be going nuts if my car were sitting outside in a port for months. All the rubber seals, paint, all the nooks and crannies getting nasty stuff in the them. That part is unconscionable to me
CAlexio! Haven't seen you on RL for a while--did you receive your car yet?

Quick Reply: Not again!!!???