991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention!!! - GT3 Worldwide Action Action Group Letter to PAG & Dealers

Old 04-26-2014, 09:29 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are folks on here that are getting formal dates of their 2014's being delivered in October. My 2014 that is now a 2015 looks like a November delivery from info the dealer is getting. I would love to here that these get moved up but not very confident.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:00 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

I really hope PAG does have an official response for the group letter and not storing it here. Mike
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2014, 10:46 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Translation using Google Chrome:
Within a short time, GT3 owners have come together around the world. The "GT3 Worldwide Action Group" is now demanding uniform Porsche payment and information about when the cars are ready to drive again. Group founder Sunil Mehra writes in a press release: "The lack of information and resistance by the manufacturer has caused much frustration among our members."

When asked by MOTOR-TALK Porsche took the situation position. "(...) The individual markets are subject to specific conditions such as local tax laws, import duties and currency differences on the basis of a generally similar information on the procedure in the compensation of our GT3 customers are our subsidiaries or authorized dealer organizations around the world to select the relevant information in the local market approach to satisfy the customer requirements in the context of the available options well.

Our goal is to do everything we can to bring the GT3 cars that have been produced as quickly as possible back on the road, while minimizing the inconvenience this may have caused to the GT3 owners through this situation. According to these possibilities Porsche centers will continue to speak directly with all of our GT3 customer and look after their interests. "
http://www.motor-talk.de/news/exklus...-t4920275.html

This is the first response we've seen by Porsche on the matter. Typical wordy PR response which, if you can be bothered to read it, means nothing at all other than it comes down to whatever they think will satisfy the customers in that market at their discretion. A typical case of don't ask, don't get. Very poor - just do the right thing instead of making customers push for it.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Well, from what is conveyed above, it is clear that the powers-being, in each market, has the right to grant/compensate what they think their market will bare/tolerate. So, whoever controls the UK felt that they did not deserve any compensation?? Over in Dubai, they felt that their Customers, deserved the max. Here, Porsche Atlanta, felt $2000 a month plus 1 year warranty extension. This is very interesting but not surprising, the least.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Well, from what is conveyed above, it is clear that the powers-being, in each market, has the right to grant/compensate what they think their market will bare/tolerate. So, whoever controls the UK felt that they did not deserve any compensation?? Over in Dubai, they felt that their Customers, deserved the max. Here, Porsche Atlanta, felt $2000 a month plus 1 year warranty extension. This is very interesting but not surprising, the least.
Yet PCNA have said that they asked for greater compensation and were turned down by PAG. Someone isn't being completely honest......
Old 04-27-2014, 12:48 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

^u got that in bold print? Mike
Old 04-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

PAG has not said a whole lot but when they do I take it literally. From their statement above, it is quite clear PCNA is controlling the purse strings here. There was very little for mis-interpretation above. I think Nick called this the other day on one of his posts
Old 04-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
PAG has not said a whole lot but when they do I take it literally. From their statement above, it is quite clear PCNA is controlling the purse strings here. There was very little for mis-interpretation above. I think Nick called this the other day on one of his posts
Yep, as I predicted. PAG probably gave the acceptable parameters of a package and left it to the regional Porsche centers to adjust. However, if they adjust it would impact their bottom line.

I don't think PAG is going to respond to the letter. They will leave it to the regions for an explanation should they desire to do so.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:10 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

What happened to the private forum? Site seems to be down.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM
991RDC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick
Yep, as I predicted. PAG probably gave the acceptable parameters of a package and left it to the regional Porsche centers to adjust. However, if they adjust it would impact their bottom line.

I don't think PAG is going to respond to the letter. They will leave it to the regions for an explanation should they desire to do so.
Hey Nick,
Not sure if PCNA has much control. After Ian offered me compensation approved from his upper management, he said PAG notified them to remove all reimbursement. This was after the email we received.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:20 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 991RDC
Hey Nick, Not sure if PCNA has much control. After Ian offered me compensation approved from his upper management, he said PAG notified them to remove all reimbursement. This was after the email we received.
So what do you mean. Your $2000/month was rescinded?

Funny, I asked for the offer in writing and was told they are not authorized to do that.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

May be it is because it is subject to change. You only put some thing in writing when finalized. May be their $2000/month was offered to test the waters. But I also suspect PAG will make no further comments. This just keeps on getting more strange. At this point I am just going to see how this all plays out. Wait for reviews from those who get the first replacements and wait until I see when they expect my car to be ready. I am willing to wait even up to the point when they tell me my car is available. If it at all does not look acceptable after sitting at the port for months and the reviews are any thing less than epic. - they can have the car. By then I will be sick of the loaner and I will just wait for my next car adventure. Probably then wait until the Nov/Dec time frame and steal a car and store it for the winter
Old 04-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Also - as soon as they give me a date as to when my car will be available I may also decide to sell it. It is a nicely spec out white one. I will not ask more than what I have to pay for it but there are reasons why I may have to finalize this transaction. If I decide to do this I will post the details and first shot will be to any one on this forum who is in IL and does not want to wait until Nov/Dec for their car. At least we can start there if no one in IL does not want it.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:56 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Yet PCNA have said that they asked for greater compensation and were turned down by PAG. Someone isn't being completely honest......
Another article today on Autoblog....FYI

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/27/p...ingdom-report/
Old 04-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I hope they get taken care over in the UK. That is disturbing how they are being treated. How long can PAG allow this to transpire w/o stepping in??- I am being rhetoric because we all know the answer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention!!! - GT3 Worldwide Action Action Group Letter to PAG & Dealers