Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Coverage is starting to spread:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...-ar163295.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11789369.htm
Old 04-25-2014, 08:04 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Received "THE CALL" last night. Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, the letter has yet to permeate the talk track from PCNA. It was the run of the mill 1 year extra warranty, $2,000/mo scenario. However, two things are worth noting as I enquired on a few points.

First, I asked about the start date and Andrea mentioned that it was March 14. However, I told her that my original delivery date was Jan 4, which then got pushed to late Jan/early Feb following the production delays in the fall. And then that date slipped again despite the December build... She said she would enquire about it.

Point is, everyone needs to clarify what is the 'due date' because March 14 was never mentioned until last night... Rather ticked-off about that since I've been asking for dates for a year.

Second point worth noting was more positive; apparently, we will have a delivery schedule in two weeks when I asked about ETA. Of course, given recent track record, I am not holding my breath. However, I thought it was encouraging that Andrea was even able to provide a timetable.

Cheers
Old 04-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI I now know for a fact new engine production has started. Timing of when new engines will be shipped etc I don't have any update for the group.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:12 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by alaint101
Received "THE CALL" last night. Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, the letter has yet to permeate the talk track from PCNA. It was the run of the mill 1 year extra warranty, $2,000/mo scenario. However, two things are worth noting as I enquired on a few points. First, I asked about the start date and Andrea mentioned that it was March 14. However, I told her that my original delivery date was Jan 4, which then got pushed to late Jan/early Feb following the production delays in the fall. And then that date slipped again despite the December build... She said she would enquire about it. Point is, everyone needs to clarify what is the 'due date' because March 14 was never mentioned until last night... Rather ticked-off about that since I've been asking for dates for a year. Second point worth noting was more positive; apparently, we will have a delivery schedule in two weeks when I asked about ETA. Of course, given recent track record, I am not holding my breath. However, I thought it was encouraging that Andrea was even able to provide a timetable. Cheers
That jives with what Ian told me on Tuesday regarding next communication.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:43 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The original delivery date is an issue with me as well. Mine was 4/18 right until the stop sale. I have a print out of the build status that shows my car was on track for that delivery date with an actual v270 date 3 days earlier than the planned date. It was right after the stop sale that my date got pushed to 5/30. The latter date is what PCNA states as my original delivery date.

Thankfully I saved that print out and Ian is looking into it. He agreed that it made sense, but I know he doesn't make that call. Some accountant will and decide if $3000 is worth a fight.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:03 PM
love991
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done guys!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:56 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
The original delivery date is an issue with me as well. Mine was 4/18 right until the stop sale. I have a print out of the build status that shows my car was on track for that delivery date with an actual v270 date 3 days earlier than the planned date. It was right after the stop sale that my date got pushed to 5/30. The latter date is what PCNA states as my original delivery date. Thankfully I saved that print out and Ian is looking into it. He agreed that it made sense, but I know he doesn't make that call. Some accountant will and decide if $3000 is worth a fight.
Have you checked the scheduled delivery date lately? My car left production 3/17. Now shows delivery November 7!?! Remind me again why I would be willing to accept a 2014 car in November? Not pleased.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:56 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Originally Posted by doubleurx
The original delivery date is an issue with me as well. Mine was 4/18 right until the stop sale. I have a print out of the build status that shows my car was on track for that delivery date with an actual v270 date 3 days earlier than the planned date. It was right after the stop sale that my date got pushed to 5/30. The latter date is what PCNA states as my original delivery date. Thankfully I saved that print out and Ian is looking into it. He agreed that it made sense, but I know he doesn't make that call. Some accountant will and decide if $3000 is worth a fight.
Have you checked the scheduled delivery date lately? My car left production 3/17. Now shows delivery November 7!?! Remind me again why I would be willing to accept a 2014 car in November? Not pleased.
Same here. I'm hoping it will be updated soon. Well that would equate to a 10% discount for 8 months. Still sucks!
Old 04-26-2014, 03:01 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ yes, but isn't a year old car going to depreciate more than that already? Not to mention engine swap, etc. Where are they keeping the car for 6 mos. Outside?

I may have to walk or wait for RS. Shocked it can take that long to build 800 motors.

I think you and I have a couple of the last 14's off the line. What an honor :-/
Old 04-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the same situation and have concluded there is no way I will take my car. They confirmed I will get one of the last 2014. They also confirmed all cars on the production line at the time of stop sale full knowing the engine was defective put in the defective engine.

How stupid can they be? Pretty stupid.

With the car in the sun getting paint fade, interior leather drying out and then a replaced engine who wants this car? Not me. The compensation with never cover depreciation and paint fix which would be a new paint job done at the factory for me.

Porsche you really blew it with this customer group.

Porsche did it ever cross your mind when this first broke to send this group of customers even a small token like a model of our cars, a car cover, trickle charger even a cheap $5 pen? This may have gone a long way but you didn't. You thought we would all just stick it out and think Porsche is doing us a favor. Porsche no dice. Im out.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:06 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Clocked
I am in the same situation and have concluded there is no way I will take my car. They confirmed I will get one of the last 2014. They also confirmed all cars on the production line at the time of stop sale full knowing the engine was defective put in the defective engine. How stupid can they be? Pretty stupid. With the car in the sun getting paint fade, interior leather drying out and then a replaced engine who wants this car? Not me. The compensation with never cover depreciation and paint fix which would be a new paint job done at the factory for me. Porsche you really blew it with this customer group. Porsche did it ever cross your mind when this first broke to send this group of customers even a small token like a model of our cars, a car cover, trickle charger even a cheap $5 pen? This may have gone a long way but you didn't. You thought we would all just stick it out and think Porsche is doing us a favor. Porsche no dice. Im out.
Agreed. Small gestures to get AHEAD of the issue, rather than play catch up, plus timely and clear communication and proper / adequate remedy and compensation = customers feel valued, goodwill is generated. Pretty simple.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:05 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Clocked, I completely understand your frustration, and must say I have waffled back & forth on canceling as well.

Personally Porsches' paint quality is high enough that I'm not too concerned about it being outside. We had a black 2006 Cayenne S that was parked outside in heavy snow, rain, and high altitude sun for three years. When we traded it in for the GTS last summer it still looked great.....no fade.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

I am in the same situation and have concluded there is no way I will take my car. They confirmed I will get one of the last 2014. They also confirmed all cars on the production line at the time of stop sale full knowing the engine was defective put in the defective engine.

With the car in the sun getting paint fade, interior leather drying out and then a replaced engine who wants this car? Not me. The compensation with never cover depreciation and paint fix which would be a new paint job done at the factory for me.

Porsche did it ever cross your mind when this first broke to send this group of customers even a small token like a model of our cars, a car cover, trickle charger even a cheap $5 pen? This may have gone a long way but you didn't. You thought we would all just stick it out and think Porsche is doing us a favor. Porsche no dice. Im out.
The reality is this; all 2014 models will be on the road by July. Some will get them sooner by a month or so. Those that are saying that the last of the 2014's will be delivered in November are plain wrong.

BTW, regarding your suggestions of providing us with models cars or $5 pens please keep those to yourself. I don't want Porsche to get any stupid ideas.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:26 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
The reality is this; all 2014 models will be on the road by July. Some will get them sooner by a month or so. Those that are saying that the last of the 2014's will be delivered in November are plain wrong. BTW, regarding your suggestions of providing us with models cars or $5 pens please keep those to yourself. I don't want Porsche to get any stupid ideas.
Haha.

Nick--wanted to make sure that my post was clear. What I meant to stress is that if PAG got ahead of the issue with nice gifts / gestures, followed up with clear communication of the issue and the resolution and the associated time frames, AND finished up with adequate and fair compensation, it would have resulted in far better customer relations and goodwill.

I certainly would *not* condone / advocate that the remedy starts and stops with merely nice gifts / gestures!
Old 04-26-2014, 01:27 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick

The reality is this; all 2014 models will be on the road by July. Some will get them sooner by a month or so. Those that are saying that the last of the 2014's will be delivered in November are plain wrong.

BTW, regarding your suggestions of providing us with models cars or $5 pens please keep those to yourself. I don't want Porsche to get any stupid ideas.
I hope your correct Nick. The system currently shows otherwise, which I hope is just in need of an update.

Quick Reply: Attention!!! - GT3 Worldwide Action Action Group Letter to PAG & Dealers