Sponsored by:

PCNA will be kicking themselves for this one

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Oh one last thought, social media is being credited with the uprisings that happened in both Egypt as well as Libya and obviously Porsche's decision to do nick correct. So for business owners big and small as well as those who reside in public relations/customer support, let this be a reminder of the power of living in the media age. Bluehinder, I'll take that apology now lol j/k cheers
Hahaha, what was I thinking? We can overthrow countries!

Wait till those Macan buyers get a hold of this.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:29 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

One thing about this whole fiasco that could relate to the GT3 is that I do think that about half of Nick's problems with the car were NOT there to begin with. Half (or more) of those problems were probably caused by the dealership working on the car. Pulling panels apart usually ends up breaking some plastic tabs, causes rattling, causing things to come loose, and could also damage wires and cause electrical problems. One of the power outlets in my spyder no longer works. My warranty is up next month. I've decided to live with one non-functional power outlet for fear that new problems will arise out of fixing a problem that I could live with. It's not worth the risk.

Let's just hope they get GOOD technicians doing the engine swaps on those GT3s that have been delivered... otherwise...
Old 04-19-2014, 03:26 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche have even posted a comment on the Facebook page!

Status Update
By Porsche
Thank you everyone for responding to Mr. Murray's video. We appreciate your passion and our community's drive for excellent customer service. We at Porsche have always sought excellence in all that we do. We know you expect it of us. And when we don't meet that standard, we make every effort to improve. We want you to know we’ve offered to repurchase or replace Mr. Murray’s car, and we hope we can reignite his passion for Porsche.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
One thing about this whole fiasco that could relate to the GT3 is that I do think that about half of Nick's problems with the car were NOT there to begin with. Half (or more) of those problems were probably caused by the dealership working on the car. Pulling panels apart usually ends up breaking some plastic tabs, causes rattling, causing things to come loose, and could also damage wires and cause electrical problems. One of the power outlets in my spyder no longer works. My warranty is up next month. I've decided to live with one non-functional power outlet for fear that new problems will arise out of fixing a problem that I could live with. It's not worth the risk.

Let's just hope they get GOOD technicians doing the engine swaps on those GT3s that have been delivered... otherwise...
Joe, FWiW when PCNA called me a couple of days ago I was told that German Factory technicians will do the engine installs. Logistically, I am not sure how this is going to work. It may slow down the installation process.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Joe, FWiW when PCNA called me a couple of days ago I was told that German Factory technicians will do the engine installs. Logistically, I am not sure how this is going to work. It may slow down the installation process.
Maybe they will be flying teams of techs to dealerships in the order that they received cars. It does complicate the process and may take more time, but overall I kind of like the idea.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:41 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Maybe they will be flying teams of techs to dealerships in the order that they received cars. It does complicate the process and may take more time, but overall I kind of like the idea.
In a way, it helps to maintain consistency and accountability.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:21 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Agree it may slow down the process, but it is likely the better and more reliable way to go. That is good news for you guys, IMO.

Quick Reply: PCNA will be kicking themselves for this one