991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action

Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

To me it is not about the money any more nor never really was. It is about transparency and fair treatment to all parties. Once ethics gets compromised then all has been thrown out the window. I have quite a few sales people that rely on me to pull things thru for them and my business is not "black and white" but rather gray and I always tell them never lie to me because once you cross that bridge it is almost impossible to re-establish creditability
Old 04-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Hi Nick,

I understand what you're saying, but I'm living proof that it can be done. My dealer has bent over backwards to come up with a good package for me, providing guidance based on previous experiences with PCNA, and acting as my go-between. They don't need to be empowered to provide insights and help steer this in the direction we both want. I couldn't be happier with how it's going, or the expected outcome.

I don't doubt that the situation will be/is different for people without long-term relationships, or for those that work with small dealerships. I hope it works out well for those people, but it is certainly preferable to have the dealer be your advocate.
Chris, 21 cars from the same dealer better get their attention.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

^ If it did not I would drive the loaner thru their show room
Old 04-14-2014, 01:19 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Hi Nick,

I understand what you're saying, but I'm living proof that it can be done. My dealer has bent over backwards to come up with a good package for me, providing guidance based on previous experiences with PCNA, and acting as my go-between. They don't need to be empowered to provide insights and help steer this in the direction we both want. I couldn't be happier with how it's going, or the expected outcome.

I don't doubt that the situation will be/is different for people without long-term relationships, or for those that work with small dealerships. I hope it works out well for those people, but it is certainly preferable to have the dealer be your advocate.
I agree with you that having the dealer be your advocate is often highly beneficial. Let's not kid ourselves though as to motivation, because if they wanted to bridge the compensation gap they could also dip into the $15,000 profit they collected on the average sale. For a guy like you that has bought 21 cars, I would do exactly what I needed to do to ensure you bought 21 more.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Bono
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to stay with my Gen2 997GT3, but do have a question for you guys. If I was already driving/had taken delivery on a 991 GT3, I would be furious that I had to live with an aftermarket situation/engine not originally installed in the factory. To me, that will greatly decrease the value of any 991 GT3 not completely/originally installed in the factory. Is Porsche giving any of you guys a complete out?/the ability to completely return the car?
Old 04-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I agree with you that having the dealer be your advocate is often highly beneficial. Let's not kid ourselves though as to motivation, because if they wanted to bridge the compensation gap they could also dip into the $15,000 profit they collected on the average sale. For a guy like you that has bought 21 cars, I would do exactly what I needed to do to ensure you bought 21 more.
Funny how the world works. And so it goes.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ If it did not I would drive the loaner thru their show room
True enough, but I never asked for, or wanted a loaner.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default **** UPDATE ****

We have been inundated with membership requests to join the GT3 Action Group. Since we validate each request individually, this has been a time consuming but very worthwhile exercise.

We want to clarify the criteria for membership of the Action Group. The Group is only open to GT3 stakeholders who are either owners or depositors. Furthermore, we must be able to validate you as a genuine stakeholder. A user can be validated if he/she is known to us as a stakeholder, by virtue of his/her posting history on Rennlist/Pistonheads or other forums, or a member (known to us) from either community can vouch for that user.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause but discussion on the forum is private and we won't risk the initiative by allowing access to a non-stakeholder. If a user cannot be validated, he/she will not be invited to the private forum but can still join the Group and subscribe to the mailing list.

Please note that only Macca and I review the registration data and this is held in the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with any third party without the stakeholder's explicit written authority.

If you're interested in joining the Group, please PM either Macca or me and include your:
  • Name
  • Email address
  • Contact number
  • Owner/Car Pending/Depositor
  • Supplying dealer
  • Cost (with and without taxes)
  • VIN (if available)
  • Supply Date (if available or expected date)
  • Registered Date ( if applicable)

Thank you for your support.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:14 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Biggest issue with dealing with your dealer is that they know no more than any of us. I was speaking with a salesman at a large dealer this weekend and he was making the same statement that it is disappointing at how quiet Porsche has been with this whole thing. They don't really know much as they haven't been told much.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
Biggest issue with dealing with your dealer is that they know no more than any of us. I was speaking with a salesman at a large dealer this weekend and he was making the same statement that it is disappointing at how quiet Porsche has been with this whole thing. They don't really know much as they haven't been told much.
Agreed. My dealer knows likely less than I do--as he is not at all active on any of the major online forums.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Agreed. My dealer knows likely less than I do--as he is not at all active on any of the major online forums.
To be fair, PCNA probably does not much more than the dealer. PAG holds all the cards.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo
To be fair, PCNA probably does not much more than the dealer. PAG holds all the cards.
Totally agreed! And even at PCNA--any of the folks that we actually speak with (Customer Care in Massachusetts or the GT3 Concierges in Atlanta at the HQ) don't have any more info than they communicate to us either. In my experience this far, they have been courteous and professional.

The issue is further up the ranks...
Old 04-14-2014, 11:39 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Totally agreed! And even at PCNA--any of the folks that we actually speak with (Customer Care in Massachusetts or the GT3 Concierges in Atlanta at the HQ) don't have any more info than they communicate to us either. In my experience this far, they have been courteous and professional.

The issue is further up the ranks...
I found PCGB to be very unprofessional. In fact, it soon became clear that it was an absolute waste of time talking to them so I don't bother now. Many others have had the same experience. On investigation it appeared the person we were told was in charge of the GT3 list was actually a receptionist who is more experienced at ordering dealership stationery than dealing with customers.

GT3 Concierges? We don't have those in the UK but would be interested to learn the role they play.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:52 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo
I found PCGB to be very unprofessional. In fact, it soon became clear that it was an absolute waste of time talking to them so I don't bother now. Many others have had the same experience. On investigation it appeared the person we were told was in charge of the GT3 list was actually a receptionist who is more experienced at ordering dealership stationery than dealing with customers. GT3 Concierges? We don't have those in the UK but would be interested to learn the role they play.
The GT3 Concierges are above the Customer Care folks here in the US. The roles may be changing to divide up the tasks at hand--but, so far, the Customer Care reps have been the ones to mainly field complaint calls and communicate the most generic of information. Also, they cover all Porsche customer calls. The GT3 Concierges are dedicated to this particular issue. I know some here have had their share of rude experiences in the last few weeks, but my calls have been professional and polite...so far!

Last edited by 0Q991; 04-16-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:11 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just a quick update for those who are part of the GT3 Owners Action Group Forum. Please review the forum for new content...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action