Sponsored by:

"Feast For The Senses"

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts
Default "Feast For The Senses"

Where is this guy now??. I am betting they shipped him to Siberia. Not only does their PR stink but their Marketing needs to be overhauled after this fiasco. This car is not a "Feast For The Senses" any more but a "Joke at The Feast". I am sorry, all, but I need to vent. This has gotten ridiculous and the joke is on me/us. I am beginning to think we are pathetic. Do I eventually think they will get this figured out and engines replaced??. Yes- but nobody knows when and there is no doubt the 2014s will pay the price with heavy depreciation. To me is was never about the money; but since I have a habit of trading in my cars every year or two this certainly now becomes part of the equation. What is funny now is my Wife is starting to have pity on me which has its benefits. This morning she said time to move on and go but what ever your heart desires. I have a test drive Sat. morning on another car I have been eying and I always bring my check book to a Dealership. You do not want to make her mad -Porsche.

Any one else is welcome to vent
Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear you.

I think one aspect is that we sometimes make purchases where you KNOW ahead of time that you will get hit by depreciation HARD.

The difference is the uncertainty. We don't know when we'll get our cars. We also don't know what that value hit looks like. And, overall, this situation is different than what most have previously experienced.

Frustrating. I'm hanging in. But it's hard.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Where is this guy now??. I am betting they shipped him to Siberia. Not only does their PR stink but their Marketing needs to be overhauled after this fiasco. This car is not a "Feast For The Senses" any more but a "Joke at The Feast". I am sorry, all, but I need to vent. This has gotten ridiculous and the joke is on me/us. I am beginning to think we are pathetic. Do I eventually think they will get this figured out and engines replaced??. Yes- but nobody knows when and there is no doubt the 2014s will pay the price with heavy depreciation. To me is was never about the money; but since I have a habit of trading in my cars every year or two this certainly now becomes part of the equation. What is funny now is my Wife is starting to have pity on me which has its benefits. This morning she said time to move on and go but what ever your heart desires. I have a test drive Sat. morning on another car I have been eying and I always bring my check book to a Dealership. You do not want to make her mad -Porsche.

Any one else is welcome to vent
Funny you say that. My wife always gets mad at a new car discussion but last night, I was showing her pics of the Z06 on their website (stunning) and shae said "that's gorgeous but what will you do with the GT3 RS order"? That was the highlight of the night. I'm seriously considering dumping Porsche for a while. It's like the hot girl that plays games with a teenage boy. Sure, maybe prettier and smarter than most but once the kid walks away and find someone else, he becomes much happier. Waiting for an announcement before I over react.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:48 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Funny you say that. My wife always gets mad at a new car discussion but last night, I was showing her pics of the Z06 on their website (stunning) and shae said "that's gorgeous but what will you do with the GT3 RS order"? That was the highlight of the night. I'm seriously considering dumping Porsche for a while. It's like the hot girl that plays games with a teenage boy. Sure, maybe prettier and smarter than most but once the kid walks away and find someone else, he becomes much happier. Waiting for an announcement before I over react.
Good analogy haha.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

I hope the announcement is before the end of this week because as soon as my attention/focus gets on a new car it is tough not to bite the forbidden fruit
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I hope the announcement is before the end of this week because as soon as my attention/focus gets on a new car it is tough not to bite the forbidden fruit
+1
Old 04-08-2014, 12:06 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

hey, this whole GT3 experience has been the worst drawn-out C*** Tease ever!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:09 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
hey, this whole GT3 experience has been the worst drawn-out C*** Tease ever!
Yes--for those who had the car and then had to return it.

For those of us who never received delivery, it's more like a peep show.

Man. These threads are going downhill quick!

Come on, PAG!!!

Quick Reply: "Feast For The Senses"