Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Embarassing moments behind the wheel

Old 04-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
But when someone asks how we met, she always says she found me in a ditch...
A great line (for her) and a great story behind it.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:16 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Love the ditch story.

Another time I had an accident with myself. I had to call the insurance company and explain how I backed up my car into another one I owned. The lady at the insurance company asked if I had taken a stupid pill that day.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:05 AM
Renn_Thrills
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have to commend the OP and everybody else here for owning up to these mistakes. Laughed pretty hard at some of them, but only because **** happens to everyone, myself included. Rubbaman's story put the biggest smile on my face! For my part I once filling up a (gasoline powered) rental with diesel many years ago in Ibiza. It actually gets much worse (more stupid) than that but its a long story. At least it wasn't in a Porsche though, that's not the kind of abuse i've given them
Old 04-05-2014, 05:48 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Had a ski jump sloped driveway at my house in Atlanta. Got out of my car at the top of the driveway for the mail. Got back in, gear box in neutral, lowered the handbrake and proceeded to do my normal 'first wire' carrier landing into the garage. One problem, my brake foot was over the clutch ..... drove into my house... all the way into the family room... and yes she eventually divorced me!
HAHA, great story(not the part about the divorce)...I have the same type of setup and do something similar. I'll be a bit more careful from now on.

Your avatar is very relevant and makes your story that much better...I hope you aren't relying on that little blue pad to save you from the same fate in the future. I don't think it's up to the task.

Last edited by DreamCarrera; 04-05-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:53 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman View Post
Had a ski jump sloped driveway at my house in Atlanta. Got out of my car at the top of the driveway for the mail. Got back in, gear box in neutral, lowered the handbrake and proceeded to do my normal 'first wire' carrier landing into the garage. One problem, my brake foot was over the clutch ..... drove into my house... all the way into the family room... and yes she eventually divorced me!

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
HAHA, great story(not the part about the divorce)...I have the same type of setup and do something similar. I'll be a bit more careful from now on.

Your avatar is very relevant and makes your story that much better...I hope you aren't relying on that little blue pad to save you from the same fate in the future. I don't think it's up to the task.
No the "Shipping Front Protector" would not have helped here! I managed to find a picture to share of the "event" in 1982. The best part was getting the car out! Had about 6 guys lift the car up and out!

Last edited by rubbaman; 04-05-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 503 Likes on 320 Posts

In 2000, I have damaged my 928 S4 Club-Sport just after going out the car wash...

Lesson 1: The tires stay wet much longer than you could expect.
Lesson 2: It could be quite long to fix a car, even with "light" damages. 6 months to get a transmission shaft from Porsche...

This was the first and last time so far I have been responsible of a car accident, in 25 years of driving.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Embarassing moments behind the wheel