Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian GT3 Owners and Waiters – Unite!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 01:27 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Hi! I've been browsing this forum for a few months and am very grateful for this amazing resource. I'm a p-car neophyte, but thought I'd contribute my info, at the very least to increase the Canadian content/contingent on here.

I'm among the waiters. Here's my story. Put down deposit ($10K CDN) in Oct 2013. Order locked in Dec 2013, with scheduled Mar 2014 build (PTS grigiocampovolo) and factory delivery May 2014 (my request, to dovetail with travel plans). All that's out the window now. Dealer has been quite understanding, but updates are sporadic and lag behind this forum. Got the emailed letter 3 weeks ago. PCNA left a message to contact 3 weeks ago also but provided little more detail when I called and never made good on promises to call me back with answers to specific questions. Last I've heard from dealer was now looking at Sept/Oct 2014 as a MY2015, but no definite build date. No new letter from Porsche yet. I expect it would be the same as posted above.

On the upside, while on the phone with PCNA, I did glean that PTS is likely to go ahead whenever my build happens (despite my concerns about limited windows for PTS at paint shop), and that Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd is likely to follow PCNA's lead but that they are independent, leaving open the possibility that Canadian buyers may be prioritized and/or compensated differently.

My SA has stated he will look into what can be done for my scheduled trip to Europe in May. But I have not been offered a loaner (here or in Europe) at this time.

So, I'm hanging in there, trying to maintain a positive outlook on this situation and what was supposed to have been a very special purchase and trip now gone regrettably awry. I still have high hopes for this car and had planned for it to be a long-term keeper.
Good luck to us all!

Welcome to RL. You likely didn’t get the email because your car is now a 2015 and this communication is for 2014’s.

I got the email yesterday. Car has been sitting in Halifax since mid-February. Looking forward to the phone call but nothing yet. Anyone else in Canada get ‘the call’ yet?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks!

Seems like communication is all over the map. Perhaps there is regional variation. My dealer had sent a "preemptive" email earlier yesterday (looking like it was addressed to all their GT3 buyers, of which AFAIK only one has been delivered as a 2014) with assurances that a subsequent email was forthcoming from Porsche. My read of his message was that the next one would apply to me, but that may have been an incorrect assumption. OTOH maybe the dealers are in the dark about all this too. I've checked my email repeatedly, but no news yet...

Has anyone with a bump to MY2015 received the letter?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:50 PM
PC Valkyrie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conekilr
I got this update email from Porsche Canada today....

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

I wish to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have ordered.

We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation. As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche.

We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines during the week of April 22nd. These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date.

We must unfortunately inform you that the start of production and delivery of your vehicle will be delayed. As soon as we are able to specify the revised production date, your Porsche dealer will contact you directly.

Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Thomas Illner
Director of AfterSales
Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd.
My email letter is different, probably because my car is already built. We both are offerred "compensation" for inability to drive the car, but you're not offerred any extended warranty:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

I am writing as promised to inform you about the current status of our solution
to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have purchased.

We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation. As a
Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service
performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand
ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche.

We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the
optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new
engines the week of April 22nd. These engines will be distributed worldwide for
installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date.

As soon as the new engine for your Porsche 911 GT3 is available, we will make
contact with you again to make specific arrangements. Please be assured that we
will document the installation of the new engine into your vehicle and will
provide you with a certificate to this effect.

Furthermore, as a gesture of our appreciation for your loyalty to Porsche, we
will apply an additional 12-month Porsche Approved warranty to your 991 GT3
which will commence upon the expiration of the normal Porsche New Vehicle
Limited Warranty. Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to
drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you
shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other
individual assistance you may need.

I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you
for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Thomas Illner
Director of AfterSales
Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting PCV...Yes, they are different as I would expect. Guys with cars delivered or sitting at port deserve more than us with cars not yet built...

Old 04-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997TTMeteor
Welcome to RL. You likely didn’t get the email because your car is now a 2015 and this communication is for 2014’s...
My car is not built (was originally scheduled for April build/May delivery) and strongly suspect it will be a 2015 too. I'm in the same boat so to speak as <3mph with a PTS order too...

Old 04-11-2014, 01:44 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Thanks for clarifying--looks like we're in the same boat (maybe literally if our build and delivery dates end up being close)! Now where's that letter??! BTW, when this is all over, I would love to see your car some day too! Great choice of PTS colour.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Canspeed
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received a letter and phone call, I personally can't stand all the drama and secrecy from pag/Pcna , I have been advised my 2014 April production will be a 2015, my dealer says my completion date is June 20th, my gt3 concierge cannot confirm it. I was scheduled for a euro delivery may 9th. After to speaking with my sa the euro delivery program is overwhelmed with macan's and there is no more room available. If it was that high of a priority they would stop production on other products to fix the gt3 problem, I am sure there production line has not been empty since February. I will be cancelling my order and won't buying any Porsche products in the near future. Until the last letter there was no official word of production delays, we all knew it but pag didn't want to address, the customer service is pathetic, gt3 is and will a great car, I just don't want to shell out over $160k after being treated like crap
Old 04-12-2014, 03:03 PM
<3mph
Drifting

While I still haven't heard directly from PCNA/Porsche Canada (letter or call), my SA did phone and provided a welcomed update. Plus he offered to call again in a couple of days with further updates. I think he's genuinely trying to be helpful and seems to be working to negotiate on my behalf with the higher powers.

Here's what we discussed, and I'm assuming his information is solid (although nothing is on paper). I was told that my car would now be built in August (not the first rumour of summer production, so perhaps they're curtailing factory holidays to make up for lost time?) as MY 2015, and that I'd be able to continue with PTS. I now also have the ability/necessity to revise my spec with 2015 options. Unfortunately, I was told that this means having to pay the increased 2015 prices; when I countered that Porsche should honour my previously agreed-upon 2014 price, he told me he'd look into that. This to me should be a no-brainer. On the plus side, he was going to look into a loaner in Europe so I could still make the most of my already booked trip in May; consequently I would be forfeiting the option to pick up my car in Europe later in the year when it's built (which would have been difficult for me to schedule anyway). That seems fair enough, although I'm a little disappointed to not be able to drive my own car in Europe. Finally, I was told that the warranty on my now 2015 car would not be extended (unlike what Conekilr and probably many others in the same (unbuilt 2014 pushed to 2015 car) boat who have received "the letter" have been lead to believe); but he said he'd look into that also when I pressed him a bit. I'm surprised at how vague the official communications from Porsche have been to us owners and to the dealers evidently, such that it's not apparent to whom these measures (like extended warranty) apply.

Overall, I'm much happier to have received any news at all, and for the seeming willingness of my SA to take my questions and requests to Porsche on my behalf. I would be very unhappy if I was forced to pay 2015 prices, but I'm hopeful that Porsche will capitulate on this point. Was anyone else told their purchase price would go up? This would be very helpful to know.

Once again, thanks RL posters for all your great info and shared experiences. Information from this forum has been a great leveller in the negotiations playing field.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

(PORSCHE) Note to self: Do not build any more GT3's.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

<3mph, Just to clarify, I never expect Porsche would extend the warranty on any 2015 builds..

Old 04-13-2014, 07:49 PM
<3mph
Drifting

You must be right. But it would inspire confidence in the fix.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:53 PM
mshahidz
Advanced

Just got our email...
we're getting only $2K per month - no coverage of monthly payments.
Is this what everyone else has been offered?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Metodt
Intermediate

I did not speak with my concierge yet since i was not able to reach him today. But as far as i know 2K per month was offered to everyone, even the ones that did only a downpayment on the car. This for me seem's to be unfair towards us, the ones that actually paid full price, ensured the car, made plans in the south for track day's etc. If i get the same offer i will certainly express my dissatisfaction to this unfair treatment.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Metodt
Intermediate

I spoke yesterday to the concierge. I was offered the following: $2k per month or set of tires and 3 years of free maintenance. I told him i was not happy with either and he should go back to management and let them know. I am German and my fellow German 991 GT3 owners get $265 CAN per day Nutzungsausfallentschaedigung (compensation for non use). I want this too! They confirmed to me that there where many fellow owners with the same position as me.
What is even more worse is that we still do not have a time when we can expect the car back! End May/June.

Freunde bei Porsche...WAS SOLL DENN DER KLEINKARRIERTE SCHEISS??? Wir kaufen Porsche weil wir Premium erwarten - und es auch bezahlen. Nun, wenn es wirklich drauf ankommt, geizt Ihr so rum und dass bei nur einer Handvoll von Käufern (neu Deutsch early adopters) die das Produkt vor einem Jahr ungesehen, ungefahren bestellt und vor 5 Monaten voll bezahlt haben. Wirklich enttäuschend!

Last edited by Metodt; 04-17-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:56 PM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by Metodt
I spoke yesterday to the concierge. I was offered the following: $2k per month or set of tires and 3 years of free maintenance. I told him i was not happy with either and he should go back to management and let them know. I am German and my fellow German 991 GT3 owners get $265 CAN per day Nutzungsausfallentschaedigung (compensation for non use). I want this too! They confirmed to me that there where many fellow owners with the same position as me.
What is even more worse is that we still do not have a time when we can expect the car back! End May/June.

Freunde bei Porsche...WAS SOLL DENN DER KLEINKARRIERTE SCHEISS??? Wir kaufen Porsche weil wir Premium erwarten - und es auch bezahlen. Nun, wenn es wirklich drauf ankommt, geizt Ihr so rum und dass bei nur einer Handvoll von Käufern (neu Deutsch early adopters) die das Produkt vor einem Jahr ungesehen, ungefahren bestellt und vor 5 Monaten voll bezahlt haben. Wirklich enttäuschend!
2k per month from when till when?

did you already have your car and had to give it back?

Quick Reply: Canadian GT3 Owners and Waiters – Unite!