Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing of Engine Swaps - Possible New Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:42 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

I suspect the dealer might be optimistic. He is selling a car that can't be delivered or driven. Wait, that sounds familiar. Lol.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is great news. Thanks Tim . I seriously doubt they are just shipping one engine. I bet by the time we get the latest update on April 7th the engines are ready to swap within few days. I was just thinking today based on $200 a day per vehicle comp it cost Porsche something like $150K a day and its a good incentive to get the engines sent ASAP. I bet the employees are working around the clock to get the engines out. YES!!!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:01 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Can I have some of what you are smoking?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:03 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why isnt the price listed?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:06 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
why isnt the price listed?
Lolz. Muahahahahah.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

All,

I have been reading the GT3 forum since Sept. and I have finally decided to jump in. So, I am introducing myself. It has been a lonely few months dealing with this issue and this forum has been a source of great information and a peace of mind sharing all of this with others' in the same boat. I have owned several Porsches and recently an Audi R8 V10 Spyder, which I drove for 5 months and then drove it right in to the Porsche dealer last July and traded it for a 991 GT3. So right now I have a GT3(White) that is sitting at the port in Rhode Island. This has been very tough for me mentally because I can hardly wait to drive my baby and, all though the loaner is grea,t it certainly is not curtailing my appetite.

Now, I know we all like to convey we have inside info. or know some one on the inside but for certain but I can confirm that Nick is correct that the new engines are currently being produced and next Friday we will be given official time frames for the replacement and also they may announce additional compensation we will be receiving. I have this officially in email from some one who returned from Spain
Old 03-27-2014, 05:49 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
All,

Now, I know we all like to convey we have inside info. or know some one on the inside but for certain but I can confirm that Nick is correct that the new engines are currently being produced and next Friday we will be given official time frames for the replacement and also they may announce additional compensation we will be receiving. I have this officially in email from some one who returned from Spain
Welcome and thanks for the info. I was chatting with the GM today and he just came back from Barcelona, driving the Macan and Macan Turbo. I asked him if they shared any info with him re the GT3 and he had none. I hope your source is better than mine.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

^Yeah, my GM the same^
Old 03-27-2014, 05:56 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

All, I have been reading the GT3 forum since Sept. and I have finally decided to jump in. So, I am introducing myself. It has been a lonely few months dealing with this issue and this forum has been a source of great information and a peace of mind sharing all of this with others' in the same boat. I have owned several Porsches and recently an Audi R8 V10 Spyder, which I drove for 5 months and then drove it right in to the Porsche dealer last July and traded it for a 991 GT3. So right now I have a GT3(White) that is sitting at the port in Rhode Island. This has been very tough for me mentally because I can hardly wait to drive my baby and, all though the loaner is grea,t it certainly is not curtailing my appetite. Now, I know we all like to convey we have inside info. or know some one on the inside but for certain but I can confirm that Nick is correct that the new engines are currently being produced and next Friday we will be given official time frames for the replacement and also they may announce additional compensation we will be receiving. I have this officially in email from some one who returned from Spain
Jimmy D -- welcome to the forum. Thanks for this info. We all can't wait to get the info and move forward.

Btw, great choice in color.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

It was only White or Red for me. I respect any ones' choice for color but those are my two favorites for a Porsche. I loved the white because, in my opinion, really shows the lines of the car plus with the red taillights, red brake calipers, red seatbelts and all the deviating red stitching; I just nailed it for me. But, if I had the more cojones, yellow did make me weak in the knees but I just could not pull it off
Old 03-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Jimmy D, I hope your info is correct; it makes much more sense to me than the June/July speculation. Wishful thinking maybe, but another 4 months would just kill Porsche. Anyway, thanks and welcome!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Mike,

I can tell you this. If it is true that they will be reclassifying half of the 2014 slated production cars to 2015; I will suspect that they will be shortening the 2014/15 GT3 production campaign. The good thing is that it will help with any potential depreciations of the 2014 with so few cars being made

Also, and this is a fact, no dealers have received any official 2015 allocations(maybe just a reclassification) but no new 2015 allocations. It will be interesting if/and when they do as to how many. Dealers that are taking multiple deposits ect. are being very careless because they have no idea if/and how many they may receive. In the end, the consumer gets hurt.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:41 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

I can confirm that Nick is correct that the new engines are currently being produced and next Friday we will be given official time frames for the replacement and also they may announce additional compensation we will be receiving. I have this officially in email from some one who returned from Spain
Well?
Old 04-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Served - lets hope early next week it plays out
Old 04-05-2014, 08:37 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

I hope so too. If they don't have an estimated date of engine install in their next email, even if it is a couple of months away (I hope not that long), I will be very upset. It really is a good thing the new Z06 is not out yet. The McLaren is not really a valid option for me. I need a hardcore loud car to trash around without fear of minor damage causing $20K+

Quick Reply: Timing of Engine Swaps - Possible New Info