Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you on "the list"? Gather here

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 03:22 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

So our group isn't really addressed in the communications yesterday.

I spoke with Atlanta and they basically just confirmed I now had a 2015 build and that we won't really be able to pin down new build and delivery dates until they start getting through the engine replacements. So its going to be vague for a while. Pure speculation but I'm not expecting to know a real build date until May/June.

They did say they are coming out with something as far as compensation but its not going to be like what the others are getting.

Jeff
Old 04-11-2014, 08:12 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Jeff

Just got the emailed " letter" from Tim Quinn ; sorry don't have the click a paste thing down,

letter first haft same and second haft specific to our group,

My first communication from PCNA since I called in and spoke with rep ,she at that time assigned

case number ,email, phone contact etc. etc.

nice to finally be getting solid info
Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

I had an April build and also just received the email from Mr. Quinn. First PCNA communication to me and I had not called anyone. Also includes statement we wish to compensate you. Found that interesting as was not expecting anything. Doubt it will be much and what form? Anyway was glad to get something formal.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Andrea mentioned it would be a little bit but she didn't know what our compensation would be. I asked her if it was a loaner from our original delivery date she said probably not.

Hopefully it's something financial, then I'll add PCCBs!!

Jeff
Old 04-11-2014, 09:06 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
So our group isn't really addressed in the communications yesterday.

I spoke with Atlanta and they basically just confirmed I now had a 2015 build and that we won't really be able to pin down new build and delivery dates until they start getting through the engine replacements. So its going to be vague for a while. Pure speculation but I'm not expecting to know a real build date until May/June.

They did say they are coming out with something as far as compensation but its not going to be like what the others are getting.

Jeff
Yeah....just got the email this morning. Interesting. Although we all probably have September allocations, they will not tell us build dates, etc. I've called Atlanta several times and spoke with Andrea. She's much nicer than Katrina! And she said she would escalate my question which was: "when can the dealer enter the car build specs?" I have been told from a sales manager at another Porsche dealership that the system can actually build me a 918 to my specs and assign me a commission number, but it doesn't mean squat if he can't assign that to an allocation, which then starts populating dates. I didn't hear back from Andrea. So, here is the email I got this AM. Same as been reported elsewhere and most likely already posted somewhere on the RL.

Dear Mr. :

I wish to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have ordered.

We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation. As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche.

We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines during the week of April 22nd. These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date.

We must unfortunately inform you that the start of production and delivery of your vehicle will be delayed. As soon as we are able to specify the revised production date, your Porsche dealer will contact you directly.

Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Tim Quinn
Vice President, AfterSales
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:43 AM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

I got Tim's email this morning as well. Stuck at v260, originally May 16'th delivery, and not much more info available from Porsche. Andrea is nice tho....
Old 04-11-2014, 10:49 AM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 48 Posts

I believe I'm in the same boat as others in this thread. Original April 25 Build has been cancelled and my MY2015 order has been entered with a V170 status. I'm told Sept. Build as of right now, but that's not official, just assumed. I received the e-mail as well from Tim Quinn this morning.

Compensation-wise, I want to have an understanding of what everyone thinks we should be entitled to. For me the Sport Chrono package going from $400 to $1850 was not welcomed. I don't feel that the added features warrant the increase in price. The only other thing I can think of is the added depreciation hit I'll take on my 997.2 Turbo Trade-in now that I'm losing 6 additional months on the depreciation clock.

Beyond this, are there any other monetary things I need to consider before I get a call regarding compensation?

TC
Old 04-11-2014, 12:18 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I received the email today as well. My April build was bumped to September. I must admit the email surprised me, as I was expecting this group to be ignored. Glad to see Porsche stepping up. My primary concerns are loss of use during the track season and the increased 2015 price (?) along with sport chrono price.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:54 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As of April 20th, my April/May (MY 2014) build has been pushed to a September (MY2015); current status is V170. Also received a letter from PCNA Tim Quinn this morning April 11th indicating that Porsche was in the final phase of logistics planning, etc.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had an April build in Canada which will likely be a 2015 September/October built and got the same letter.
At a minimum, I will be asking for a price freeze at my 2014 build price for the equivalent 2015 options including the sports chrono which was part of my original build. I do not think this is unreasonable to expect...

Quick Reply: Are you on "the list"? Gather here