Sponsored by:

Yellow GT3 at F1 Australia

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 10:12 PM
RacingJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yellow GT3 at F1 Australia

Porsche had a nice little display at F1 last weekend. The prices in AUD were quite shocking, and even more shocking was a Panamera GTS that had a higher price than the GT3.

Must say the yellow looks goooooood!

Old 03-23-2014, 10:30 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hot price.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm. I guess stop sale doesn't apply to them :P
I hope they pushed it in/out of the display....
Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

I guarantee Porsche knows what cars motors are good and which ones need to be replaced. I bet someone had video of them driving that nice yellow car down there.

America is still cheap in comparison the RofW. That there is a pretty right hand drive $275,000 US dollar machine! Nice.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:35 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I doubt that's true Marcus. No company volunteers to replace engines and compensate for 785 cars if they could just pay for a couple dozen. New 911 cups were out on track that weekend so they were promoting the street car too. It's a pretty safe bet on their part to assume the car wouldn't suffer a catastrophic failure and go up in flames from driving a few meters from a truck to a display platform...
Old 03-24-2014, 08:34 AM
gonzobreeder
Advanced

I thought they would be too embarrassed to show the car. How do you answer the questions that it generates.

Can I buy one? ah no
Can I drive one? ah no
Why not? Oh this one has an engine that might catch fire.
What are you doing about it? OH we are just telling all owners not to drive them.
Oh for how Long? Well it's been six weeks so far and we feel it could be as long as six months.
Oh. What happens after six months. We are going to fit new engines to them.
OH! What else can you tell me? Well we are compensating the owners with a loan car so not one is disadvantaged.

oh! Are you going to helping them with an extended warrantee so their resale is not as affected? Well no

Oh! Oh! Oh! May I should look at a McLaren.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:43 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^ The reality is most buyers are ignorant... They don't know that it once shared gear with the race car. They don't know that it now doesn't. They wouldn't know that it's currently on stop sale. Certainly more so here as there are fewer true enthusiasts than in other countries like the US...

Case and point, in the US, 997.2 GT cars are selling at near MSRP after 4 years as there is an appreciation for what they are. Here, they've dropped $100k+...
Old 03-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzobreeder
I thought they would be too embarrassed to show the car. How do you answer the questions that it generates.

Can I buy one? ah no
Can I drive one? ah no
Why not? Oh this one has an engine that might catch fire.
What are you doing about it? OH we are just telling all owners not to drive them.
Oh for how Long? Well it's been six weeks so far and we feel it could be as long as six months.
Oh. What happens after six months. We are going to fit new engines to them.
OH! What else can you tell me? Well we are compensating the owners with a loan car so not one is disadvantaged.

oh! Are you going to helping them with an extended warrantee so their resale is not as affected? Well no

Oh! Oh! Oh! May I should look at a McLaren.
Not really,

People are still being told that ordering will recommence shortly.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Condor Man: Congrats on the 246 Dino. Probably the most timeless design Ferrari ever produced. Ironic that they didn't want their name attached to it.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:14 AM
AndyBrew
Track Day

Talking

THANK YOU!!!!

That is my car, right there, Porsche sort out my car NOW!!!!!

Old 03-25-2014, 02:18 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
I doubt that's true Marcus. No company volunteers to replace engines and compensate for 785 cars if they could just pay for a couple dozen. New 911 cups were out on track that weekend so they were promoting the street car too. It's a pretty safe bet on their part to assume the car wouldn't suffer a catastrophic failure and go up in flames from driving a few meters from a truck to a display platform...

Yea. Maybe.

I just think there's too many variables with who assembled what engine, when materials changed from build to build etc. So many things change during the production line process. It's crazy but slowing or stopping the production line is like death to whomever is in charge at any certain day. Chris, you're probably correct but I'd like to think that they just don't know what motors are good and which ones are bad for certain so change them all in the effort of owner safety no matter what the cost. There are hundreds of cars that have 1,000's of hard miles on them already. I know it has to be done.

Andy, are you saying that's you yellow car? I don't have the ***** to own a yellow of red GT3 let alone a 911. I feel like I have look at me spray painted on the side of my car already!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:30 AM
edgy
Banned

Originally Posted by 911rox
^^^ The reality is most buyers are ignorant... They don't know that it once shared gear with the race car. They don't know that it now doesn't. They wouldn't know that it's currently on stop sale. Certainly more so here as there are fewer true enthusiasts than in other countries like the US...

Case and point, in the US, 997.2 GT cars are selling at near MSRP after 4 years as there is an appreciation for what they are. Here, they've dropped $100k+...
You are right mate; oh look.. the cup car has paddle shift and 3.8 just like the road car......

I thought I had read somewhere that PAG acknowledges Australia as an "enthusiasts market" due to the amount of performance variants delivered versus regular variants.

Or was that a cop out by the marketing people again? OR just making us feel better about the prices we pay?
Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

but the coffee is acceptable and the tiles are black. nice place to go shopping on sat morning.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 AM
AndyBrew
Track Day

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Andy, are you saying that's you yellow car?
Sorry, no it will just look like that, you don't see many in yellow, I just got all excited when I saw it, kind of reminded me why I'm going through this pain, I love the way this car looks
Old 03-25-2014, 08:34 AM
edgy
Banned

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
but the coffee is acceptable and the tiles are black. nice place to go shopping on sat morning.
Yes it's very nice, I don't mind the view but she always forgets the coffee!

BMW has good coffee!

Quick Reply: Yellow GT3 at F1 Australia