Sponsored by:

Dealing with local dealer vs Porsche mother ship

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts
Default Dealing with local dealer vs Porsche mother ship

Who exactly is everyone calling to arrange compensation on your GT3 and does it differ if

1-car was delivered, then taken back by Porsche?
2-car was built, but on the boat, when the stop sale came down?
3-order was locked in but car not completed?

I fit in category #3. I'm in germany right now, and was supposed to pickup my GT3 tomorrow. Still made the trip as I had nonrefundable travel plans, and my girlfriend took time off work she couldn't get back. So we're trying to make the best of our trip.

Porsche said the week after the stop sale, that they would provide me with a 911 turbo loaner this week, but never got back to me about specifics for 3 weeks. They just left me a voicemail on Friday, 2 days ago that I received as I f#$%#$%ing boarded the airplane, that they would have a 991 ready for tomorrow.
I had completely given up on Porsche, and made other auto arrangements.

To add insult to injury, Jamie (in the ED department) said Porsche wouldn't be handling my request (for a MY 2015 GT3), and that I didn't need to talk to Ian again, but should just contact my local dealer.

WTF? Can some of you guys please help me out here?

1-Are any of your cases being handled by your local dealer, not Porsche?
2-Does it make a difference if your car was already built, vs just ordered?

Can you recommend who I should talk to? From reading all the posts, I got the impression there is a GT3 person I should call, but my case isn't being handled that way.

Would appreciate some advice. I'm so frustrated, I'm ready to throw in the towel and spend an extra $100,000 on a ferrari 458.

Quick Reply: Dealing with local dealer vs Porsche mother ship