SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 03-23-2014, 04:41 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Agreed. Kinda feel like some folks are misplacing their angst as this situation drags on.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:07 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

This is what happens when Porsche plays with its most passionate group...pretty interesting social experiment to say the least. However, I know Ill never be able to view Porsche as the same company I had been as passionate about as I had been before (My existence with them only being from 2001 cars and older for detail's sake).
Old 03-23-2014, 05:31 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Agreed. Kinda feel like some folks are misplacing their angst as this situation drags on.
Absolutely. I'm willing to reserve judgment till everything is finalized.

Yes, the waiting is painful and my faith in the brand is shaken as much as everyone else. However, while I can certainly be critical of Porsche for the whole motor debacle and continue to wonder what exactly happened, I find this all to be moving at an acceptable - if not ideal - pace for such a large corporation with a lot of moving parts.

Maybe I'm just patient by nature, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot of companies that would leave people without any communication for longer. We were individually contacted fairly early on, and even without answers, at least they made it known they would be listening.

If you are upset at Porsche for letting us all down with this mishap, then that is absolutely understandable. It would be odd if you didn't feel wronged. If you are upset because they didn't give you all the answers you wanted yesterday, take a walk, eat a nice dinner, relax. I find it's better not to have a definitive answer at all, than to have an answer you don't like - especially if it's been rushed. A "maybe" today is better than a "no" yesterday.

It'll be just a little while longer till we'll know how they wan to proceed with this, and it should be a little easier to cope and plan once we have a timetable and concrete compensation plans. How about we put down the pitchforks till then.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:34 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
How come you just ordered a Turbo then?

Old 03-23-2014, 05:42 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

do you think people who are weary about waiting for their 14' GT3 can be given priority on ordering a non problematic 15'? or a later build 14.5?

honest question, i'm sure PCNA could pull some string somewhere to get this done.. as it's simple request unlike demanding an RS
Old 03-23-2014, 05:47 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
do you think people who are weary about waiting for their 14' GT3 can be given priority on ordering a non problematic 15'? or a later build 14.5?

honest question, i'm sure PCNA could pull some string somewhere to get this done.. as it's simple request unlike demanding an RS
I sure hope this is an option and I will be asking them about this. If they come back with 1-2 yr extended warranty or $4500 in gift cards and no other options, then I am out. I'll push for a remake and if the answer if no then 997.2 will do for now.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:54 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick
At this stage all I want from Porsche is SPEED!

Speed in communicating status of engine replacements.

Speed in replacing the engines.

Speed in communicating status of the compensation program.

Speed in implementing the program.

Above all; communicate, communicate and communicate frequently. Getting information in dribbles at three week or 30 day intervals does not cut it.

It would go some much better for them by giving us weekly updates as to where Porsche is dealing with this issues. After all, we are an integral and vital part of this mess.
... unless the comp package is clarified soon and the timing of new engine install is expedited, we'll be starting to eat our young!!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:02 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
... unless the comp package is clarified soon and the timing of new engine install is expedited, we'll be starting to eat our young!!
I have 6 children and 2 grand kids. I think I will start with children first.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:08 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

DAMN. hahaha.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock

Not going to happen unless you also order a 918. If they begin to give priority to all of us for Y2015 model they literally destroy their marketing system. They would left with 785 cars with replacement engines and pushing back those on the wait list for late or early 2015 model.

To be sure not all would opt for a priority on Y2015 but a substantial number will. It would be utter chaos.

What PCNA will tell you is talk to your dealer if you want a 2015. He and only he can decide whether to give it to you. More than likely he will respond by tell you he has people ahead of you but would be happy to put you on the list. If you are lucky, you may get a car early next year.:big bye:
Old 03-23-2014, 07:57 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Not going to happen unless you also order a 918. If they begin to give priority to all of us for Y2015 model they literally destroy their marketing system. They would left with 785 cars with replacement engines and pushing back those on the wait list for late or early 2015 model. To be sure not all would opt for a priority on Y2015 but a substantial number will. It would be utter chaos. What PCNA will tell you is talk to your dealer if you want a 2015. He and only he can decide whether to give it to you. More than likely he will respond by tell you he has people ahead of you but would be happy to put you on the list. If you are lucky, you may get a car early next year.:big bye:
^^Nick's reasoning sounds very, very likely. It's just too difficult to slot a sizable slug of customers into an allocation / production schedule that has a preexisting order.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Only one question: when will the engine go into production in the Cup car?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:04 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Only one question: when will the engine go into production in the Cup car?
As soon as they optimize the onboard fire extinguishing system.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:18 PM
SPD YLO
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Knowing the facts will also make it easier to hold PAG accountable for the future performance of the product, in my opinion.
exactly why they have been told by their attorneysl to say nothing.

Quick Reply: What info do you want from PAG/PCNA?