Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What info do you want from PAG/PCNA?

Old 03-23-2014, 03:29 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
You asked relevant questions. To your point, I was trying to make clear that it was a design change that would be less sensitive to manufacturing tolerances, and not just a tightening spec change, that was the issue, at least according to PCNA. My comment wasn't intended as a put down of your post in any way.
We certainly wouldn't be here unless we had respect and "faith" in Porsche's abilities to design a performance car. This stop sale/stop drive event has created such a hunger for detail, not helped by lack of transparency from PAG ... Transparency is what the world is now expecting/demanding throughout politics, governance, business ... no longer can a doctor NOT tell the patient/family what's wrong with themselves or their baby because they "don't need to know" or "they won't understand" or "they don't want to know".

PAG will continue to be held in high regard ... this 785-car recall I think may nudge the company towards more frequent/transparent customer base communication. Well, at least the hope is there ...

Mike, we do have a common interest here.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a lower regard for PAG after this. All in all, I'm less enthused about the brand.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I have a lower regard for PAG after this. All in all, I'm less enthused about the brand.
How come you just ordered a Turbo then?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:39 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
How come you just ordered a Turbo then?
Because a lack of other usable cars that don't rhyme with Ferrari or Lamborghini in the sports car segments IMHO and are relatively usable. It's a shame really.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
We certainly wouldn't be here unless we had respect and "faith" in Porsche's abilities to design a performance car. This stop sale/stop drive event has created such a hunger for detail, not helped by lack of transparency from PAG ... Transparency is what the world is now expecting/demanding throughout politics, governance, business ... no longer can a doctor NOT tell the patient/family what's wrong with themselves or their baby because they "don't need to know" or "they won't understand" or "they don't want to know".

PAG will continue to be held in high regard ... this 785-car recall I think may nudge the company towards more frequent/transparent customer base communication. Well, at least the hope is there ...

Mike, we do have a common interest here.
Yes, we do indeed, snabbgt3. Again, I wasn't trying to be contentious or offend.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

At this stage all I want from Porsche is SPEED!

Speed in communicating status of engine replacements.

Speed in replacing the engines.

Speed in communicating status of the compensation program.

Speed in implementing the program.

Above all; communicate, communicate and communicate frequently. Getting information in dribbles at three week or 30 day intervals does not cut it.

It would go some much better for them by giving us weekly updates as to where Porsche is dealing with this issues. After all, we are an integral and vital part of this mess.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Because a lack of other usable cars that don't rhyme with Ferrari or Lamborghini in the sports car segments IMHO and are relatively usable. It's a shame really.
This
Old 03-23-2014, 04:17 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by sechsgang
This
Interesting. I personally don't do business with people/entities that I hold in low regard but TEHO.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:23 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
At this stage all I want from Porsche is SPEED! Speed in communicating status of engine replacements. Speed in replacing the engines. Speed in communicating status of the compensation program. Speed in implementing the program. Above all; communicate, communicate and communicate frequently. Getting information in dribbles at three week or 30 day intervals does not cut it. It would go some much better for them by giving us weekly updates as to where Porsche is dealing with this issues. After all, we are an integral and vital part of this mess.
Wholeheartedly agree!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Lower regard does not equal low regard. Would you like me to parse the words for you Sam?
Old 03-23-2014, 04:28 PM
FLM911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want my money back and the un-drivable 991 GT3 gone. Time to move on so if PAG/PCNA can just send that check this is all going to be a distant memory.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:28 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Lower regard does not equal low regard. Would you like me to parse the words for you Sam?
Yes please, since you appear to know spelling and grammar more than most of us on this forum.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:29 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Hi Mike,
when I made reference to the "new engine", I should have said 'replacement' engine. But, I wish PAG would definitively state what were the facts behind the 'stop sale', so that everyone is on the same page.
I especially think this will be important at resale...to be able to clearly inform a buyer (who may not have been following this forum) of the facts directly from PAG.
Knowing the facts will also make it easier to hold PAG accountable for the future performance of the product, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Obviously I don't know the answer to 2 and we haven't been given a detailed explanation for 1 and I know I'm not really answering the question posed by the thread. But just to be clear, we have been told by PCNA that a "loosened piston rod screw connection" was the culprit and that an "optimized screw connection" has been designed and is being tested. Based on other information we've received the implication is that the old connection was too sensitive to production tolerances.

I suppose if one doesn't trust that Porsche can design an "optimized screw connection" then one shouldn't keep the car. But for those who are looking for confidence like GTEE3, we're not getting a newly designed, untested engine, we're getting an engine that has been tested successfully for thousands and thousands of hours that had one troublesome (to say the least) part in production that is now being upgraded. Personally, I'm not too concerned about the "new engine" being robust after the fix.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Yes please, since you appear to know spelling and grammar more than most of us on this forum.
No, just more than you.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts

Me too. And I have owned many Porsches including a 2014 turbo and a 2013 Cayenne currently. I cancelled my GT3 order.

IMHO this was handled very poorly for a company that charges a premium for its products.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What info do you want from PAG/PCNA?