Sponsored by:

Be Careful of "Katrina" of Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
I may give her another shot, and see if I get spanked this time around. It could be all you, working her up, and upsetting her, so she ends up taking it out on the rest of us!
LOL, I am the nicest guy. By the time she gets to my calls she is all worn out. Wonder what she looks like?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:03 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

anybody ask her to email a bodyshot?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:04 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Brilliant. Now why didn't I think of that?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

I believe she is the GT3 concierge overseeing the communications. I did not sense any arrogance but certainly got the feeling this is all I know beyond what I read to you.

If Porsche is taking the attitude we have the upper hand they should reconsider. Toyota paid dearly for loss of value to their cars involved in the throttle problem. Yesterday, a suit was filed on behalf of affected GM owners with bad ignition switches asking for damages related to diminution of car value because of the faulty switches.

One would think replacing an engine on a $150,000 car would be more serious.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:24 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I believe she is the GT3 concierge overseeing the communications. I did not sense any arrogance but certainly got the feeling this is all I know beyond what I read to you. If Porsche is taking the attitude we have the upper hand they should reconsider. Toyota paid dearly for loss of value to their cars involved in the throttle problem. Yesterday, a suit was filed on behalf of affected GM owners with bad ignition switches asking for damages related to diminution of car value because of the faulty switches. One would think replacing an engine on a $150,000 car would be more serious.
+1, Nick.

Especially, with 785 engine swap cars worldwide, a company of Porsche's stature, size, and position should think very carefully.

I have no idea what Porsche's advertising budget is, but I recently heard an anecdote from someone who used to work at Visa's marketing / advertising department. The joke was, "Instead of developing and running various ad campaigns, why don't we just run an ongoing promotion where we award $1 million each day to a random Visa cardholder who swipes their card that day?" Why? Because that $365 million / year campaign would draw amazing attention to Visa AND cost less annually than their actual marketing / ad spend.

So, come on Porsche. Making 785 of your most ardent / enthusiastic / loyal customers happy...how much would it really cost? And what kind if spin / goodwill would it build? Would it not prove that Porsche not only creates amazing products, but also values their customers far more than their competition? Bc, believe me, their treatment of these customers would be heralded within the auto enthusiast community and likely in the general media too.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:13 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Katrina, called me was very nice and knew nothing. I can imagine a day of calling overachievers who don't like no for an answer is exhausting.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Katrina, called me was very nice and knew nothing. I can imagine a day of calling overachievers who don't like no for an answer is exhausting.
There is a lot to what you say, carcommander. Haven't spoken to Katrina but Mary Ann was very nice and followed up at my home when she couldn't reach me on my cell. She didn't have new information, but she did answer and resolve my questions regarding a loaner, which I eventually declined.

To expand on your point, for days people were complaining that no one was contacting them, even as a courtesy, though it was certain that PAG was providing little new info to PCNA. PCNA probably reads those complaints and decides that they should start making courtesy calls to customers. Now when they make the call the complaints are that there is no new information, which was of course predictable since PAG and not PCNA is pulling the strings. My 2 cents; PCNA is in a no-win situation and maybe the frustration from the pressure is showing sometimes.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:31 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
There is a lot to what you say, carcommander. Haven't spoken to Katrina but Mary Ann was very nice and followed up at my home when she couldn't reach me on my cell. She didn't have new information, but she did answer and resolve my questions regarding a loaner, which I eventually declined.

To expand on your point, for days people were complaining that no one was contacting them, even as a courtesy, though it was certain that PAG was providing little new info to PCNA. PCNA probably reads those complaints and decides that they should start making courtesy calls to customers. Now when they make the call the complaints are that there is no new information, which was of course predictable since PAG and not PCNA is pulling the strings. My 2 cents; PCNA is in a no-win situation and maybe the frustration from the pressure is showing sometimes.
okay fair point, but this is a business ( a very lucrative one at that) and these people are not volunteers.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
okay fair point, but this is a business ( a very lucrative one at that) and these people are not volunteers.
I agree, there's no good reason for anyone at Porsche to be snotty about any of this. But sometimes it happens and it's not an indictment of the whole organization. (Just an observation, not saying anyone in particular said that.)

From my interaction so far, it seems like they are trying. Maybe others have had a different experience.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:52 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

The people who have called me have always been kind/understanding. Don't remember the names but I think Andrea is the one I talked to.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:06 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I totally agree w/ you. Only, I want to be very clear that this "Katrina" outright LIED. Her "take it or leave it demeanor" and cavalier arrogant attitude reminding me of bailiffs I used to have to deal w/ when working in criminal defense for long overdue to retire judges was easily overlooked and wasn't what made me craft my warnings.

If you look at all my posts, I've been the cheerleader for this debacle and still am. The car itself is amazing and can very well appreciate that things can and do go wrong. Porsche is only as good as the people they hire and I for one feel Porsche is doing what they can.

I've spoken to several reps, to include "Andrea" and they were all WONDERFUL.

It's specifically this "Katriina" that deserves all of your attention. Don't let her fool you. She is NOT worthy of Porsche's well deserved moniker and still solid reputation and just don't want her to permit her lack of professional interest to skew your results.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She maybe lying but sounds sexy. LOL
Old 03-23-2014, 03:30 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
LOL, I am the nicest guy. By the time she gets to my calls she is all worn out. Wonder what she looks like?
LOL. You do seem like a hell of nice guy and a fine gentleman

Regarding what she looks like, I did a google search on Katrina and it seems like 90% of all the images were for one gal! So wonder if it is her, but I did discover she has too different distinctive personalities. Check out her picture during working hours,
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2014, 03:31 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
LOL. You do seem like a hell of nice guy.

Regarding what she looks like, I did a google on Katrina and it seems like 90% of all the images were for one gal! So wonder if it is her, but I did discover she has too different distinctive personalities. Check out her picture during working hours,
This is her picture after hours if you care to ask her out for a date and take one for the team.
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2014, 10:40 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: Be Careful of "Katrina" of Porsche