Sponsored by:

Back up camera

Old 03-29-2014, 07:08 AM
SamFromTX
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA View Post
That looks great Sam. I think you were smart to leave the camera painted black. Unless you're looking at it from ground level like in the camera shot, you'll hardly ever notice it. The display is very clear; does it engage automatically when you shift into reverse or do you have to select it manually?
BTW, love the red Nurburgring decal on your bumper and the matching painted GT3 emblem....
Originally Posted by jfr0317 View Post
Thanks again, Sam! Sharing good info like this makes this forum great (and worth sifting through most of the other "stuff").
Originally Posted by Bluehinder View Post
Sam, does only come on when in reverse, or can you activate it at any time?
Originally Posted by GJ View Post
I hope P adds the back-up camera to the 2015 GT3 option list...

Nice work Sam....
Old 03-31-2014, 02:33 PM
0Q991
Super User

They keep pushing this law back (now 2018)--which means it's highly doubtful that PAG will toss in the backup camera as standard fare anytime soon...

http://jalopnik.com/feds-require-car...use-1555371966
Old 04-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Zeus
Addict
Rennlist Member

I figured it would be a requirement as an option on every new vehicle made, not mandated. But according to the law come 2018, well, looks like we won't have a choice.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:11 PM
hypeber
User

Originally Posted by SamFromTX View Post
Will post results tonight, whether working or not. Sorry for the sideway orientation.
Hi I am wondering do u know a specific package in order to have the camera work ? Like PCM option upgrade? or with the regular screen already ok?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Todd B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hypeber View Post
Hi I am wondering do u know a specific package in order to have the camera work ? Like PCM option upgrade? or with the regular screen already ok?
Stock PCM that comes with the GT3. But you do need the NavTV or Crux interface modules that enable the camera in the PCM and provide the video interface. There's another long thread that covers this from last year.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:23 AM
brass4321
User

Originally Posted by Todd B View Post
Stock PCM that comes with the GT3. But you do need the NavTV or Crux interface modules that enable the camera in the PCM and provide the video interface. There's another long thread that covers this from last year.
I have the NavTV and it works great
Old 02-07-2016, 02:56 PM
SamFromTX
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hypeber View Post
Originally Posted by Todd B View Post
Originally Posted by brass4321 View Post
Sorry missed your question but I agree with the answers above. I have NavTV and the radio now does not have to opened to install.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:23 PM
16'991GT3
User

would a dealer consider possibly installing the camera? And since you don't have to open the radio now does it keep the warranty intact?
Old 02-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Banango
User

My dealer gave me a superb contact for having the cameras installed. No impact on warranty, lower cost than having the dealer do it. Happy to share via PM is you are near NY...though people are coming from states away to this shop.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:54 PM
16'991GT3
User

Originally Posted by Banango View Post
My dealer gave me a superb contact for having the cameras installed. No impact on warranty, lower cost than having the dealer do it. Happy to share via PM is you are near NY...though people are coming from states away to this shop.
PM Sent!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:23 PM
devenh
User

Bought the NavTV kit -- front and rear cameras -- and had my dealer install it. Works great. Don't use the front camera much, but while they were in there, I figured why not add it.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Banango
User

Originally Posted by devenh View Post
Bought the NavTV kit -- front and rear cameras -- and had my dealer install it. Works great. Don't use the front camera much, but while they were in there, I figured why not add it.
I put in the front too. It's quite amusing. I have found it useful in parking lots, but the amusement factor is the real selling point.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Peterk814
User

Originally Posted by Banango View Post
Hey would you mind sharing the name of the shop? North shore Long Island here as well. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2016, 02:36 AM
Banango
User

Originally Posted by Peterk814 View Post

Hey would you mind sharing the name of the shop? North shore Long Island here as well. Thanks!
PM me. I don't want to contravene any rules. My car is there right now as it happens! For some reason I cannot PM you.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:33 PM
Turbohead
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brass4321 View Post
Me Too
Elliot

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Back up camera

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: