Sponsored by:

For GT3 Customers Awaiting Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 12:05 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Thanks MyenShi for post. I don't know if I'm a middle child or not. My build was supposed to start today but now is in limbo. All the expected dates are now showing V170, PAG Handling Necessary. I don't even know what compensation I should expect for having been delayed since 2/7/2014 when I got my build slot and put in the system. Certainly not what the folks who have had their cars snatched or those sitting at port or dealers. Just don't know anything and PCNA won't say anything. I guess it's safe to say I will most likely get a car this year sometime. But I won't know what 'MY' it will be for a while yet. Hopefully something will be said in 3 weeks or less for us bastard step-children.
Rob, are you getting your v170 info from your dealer or is there a P website
one can check ,I have a commission # my build dates went into system
3/1 with a v260 date of 4/18
my guy called me yesterday after 6 to tell me car would be m/y 15 but no
date info he was home recouping from a bug
Old 03-22-2014, 12:16 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a middle child. Mine is sitting on the factory floor, cold and engineless. I'll keep my demands low like that other thread:

1. A 911 loaner
2. A years supply of bratwurst
3. Monthly keg deliveries from Spaten
4. I want that castle from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:59 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Myself and at least one other reninlister are also v260 but have been informed that we are still 2014's do you know if your guy got an email from Porsche? We would be very interested to know
Old 03-22-2014, 01:23 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Great first post, MyenShi; heck great post period. Thanks for the info and welcome to the conversation!
I will second that. Great post period. Welcome aboard! Looking forward to see more posts from you going forward. Mark
Old 03-22-2014, 01:33 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
I will second that. Great post period. Welcome aboard! Looking forward to see more posts from you going forward. Mark
Only comment I would like to add is that I am hoping to see a little better compensation for the people who actually paid for their cars and especially the ones who paid for it in cash. You have a situation where people have invested +$150K and no longer have access to this cash, versus the people who are waiting for their cars and are still having most of this cash available to them and can elect to leave it in the bank to earn interest or invest it and hopefully get a good return. There should be some additional compensation for lost opportunity to invest this money. Even the IRS pays you interest when your refund is sitting in their bank account! Not sure if others feel the same way. Mark
Old 03-22-2014, 03:23 AM
AndyBrew
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I'm a middle child. Mine is sitting on the factory floor, cold and engineless. I'll keep my demands low like that other thread:

1. A 911 loaner
2. A years supply of bratwurst
3. Monthly keg deliveries from Spaten
4. I want that castle from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
through all the misery and worry, that made me laugh
Old 03-22-2014, 07:37 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
Myself and at least one other reninlister are also v260 but have been informed that we are still 2014's do you know if your guy got an email from Porsche? We would be very interested to know
Cyrek, The call came from My sales rep of 20 plus years w/P ,who said he
"had just gotten an email at 5:53" and stated that my build customer **name** would be a 2015 . I didn't ask who had sent the email
he was home at the time , when asked didn't know if I would be getting a new commission # for the build as well didn't know about options (asked about the Carrara white metallic) I had complete V-list down to portand dealer inventory 6/13 . This call came this past Thursday 6:20 or so pm
tried to reach him yesterday end of day for further info but didn't get thru
Off to PBIR instructing my newbie student my Dentist of 15 years
bring his new to him artic silver pristine 996 t coupe out
sure wish I could provide more info been waiting over a year aleady
Old 03-22-2014, 08:19 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Cyrek, The call came from My sales rep of 20 plus years w/P ,who said he "had just gotten an email at 5:53" and stated that my build customer **name** would be a 2015 . I didn't ask who had sent the email he was home at the time , when asked didn't know if I would be getting a new commission # for the build as well didn't know about options (asked about the Carrara white metallic) I had complete V-list down to portand dealer inventory 6/13 . This call came this past Thursday 6:20 or so pm tried to reach him yesterday end of day for further info but didn't get thru Off to PBIR instructing my newbie student my Dentist of 15 years bring his new to him artic silver pristine 996 t coupe out sure wish I could provide more info been waiting over a year aleady
That is really interesting. The dealer I'm working is definitely less transparent. I also have a build that was supposed to start mid march and complete by early April. The only update I've received as of 48 hours ago was that my delivery date of may 16 (which was already pushed back from may 9) is now may 23. It would be great to have other posts their expected delivery dates prior to the stop sale and what notices they are receiving. Some of us either have really poor dealers who are not communicating or there is some cut off in this switching of model years that is right around now. Jeff
Old 03-22-2014, 10:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Off to PBIR instructing my newbie student my Dentist of 15 years
bring his new to him artic silver pristine 996 t coupe out
sure wish I could provide more info been waiting over a year aleady
Be careful in the wet!
Let me know if there's a Corvette with comp seats, may by it can stop by later.
Say hi to Erik in Trakcar 3.0.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:13 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I got it from the dealer. I was V260 as of 3/17 and then it went dark. I then moved to "V170 PAG Handling Necessary". I have a commission number too. My dealer tried calling the scheduler in Atlanta, but he's on vacation until 3/31. I suspect they will at sometime tell me my build is now 2015. But I can't get confirmation on that yet. It's frustrating to say the least.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:18 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
My update was on his system showing "V170 PAG handling Necessary".
That was a change from the day before where I was listed as V260. I can't get anything else out of them. He doesn't know what this means. When he emailed the regional VP in Atlanta, the VP said no decision has been made on changing MY2014 to MY2015 yet. Which is weird considering many have posted that they got a call stating the opposite. UGH. It's like, "We have not invaded Crimea!" But I see Russian troops in there!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:03 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I agree that "Frayed" has some nerve!
Lol. I see what u did there.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:09 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Lol. I see what u did there.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

I honestly think the Porsche status system is all F'd up. Mine still shows delivery of 5/30. The only way that can happen is if it completes on 3/28. Doubtful.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:36 PM
green
Pro

I doubt that. I have an identical build and delivery date as yours; my car now has a VIN and is a 2014 model.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car has had a Vin since 2/14 and still has not moved from 2/14. Dealer says system still shows it as a 2014 with delivery on 4/2 ( It was one month ahead of planned production at 2/14)

I will inform PNA on Monday that depending on when my car arrives and if 2015's are coming in within a month of receipt of my car I will reject it and ask for a 2015. I know it will have the "new engine" but why accept an end of production year car when it was to come in April?

Quick Reply: For GT3 Customers Awaiting Delivery