Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USED GT3 IN HOUSTON !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^ I'd suggest because they are selling a customer 3 months of inconvenience and frustration... That's something most rational people without an unrealistic, emotional attachment to an object would want to pay less for...
Old 03-22-2014, 12:13 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

That's certainly how I felt about our CL debacle and I'm even more dirty on Porsche for this latest fiasco. In my books, regardless of how much you want something, "you don't reward incompetence"... You have a nice warm cup of cement, harden up and get over it... F#@k the must have at any cost attitude...
Old 03-22-2014, 12:30 AM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see your point. My point is certainly from an owners perspective.. If I was able to secure something at a reasonable price and it is in demand with low supply, I would want the prices to be higher because what I have is worth more. In this case, it sounds like the dealer is not too pleasant to work with but if he sells the vehicle at a premium, I think the buyer should at least be warn of the swap that is taking place or at least some kind of disclosure in a legal sense.
In reality, if there is a potential buyer for that dealer, all he has to do is type "991 gt3" on the net and a nice BBQ car will hit his face. 175K is not something you walk into the door and say "i'll take it". If it is , god bless him.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
That's certainly how I felt about our CL debacle and I'm even more dirty on Porsche for this latest fiasco. In my books, regardless of how much you want something, "you don't reward incompetence"... You have a nice warm cup of cement, harden up and get over it... F#@k the must have at any cost attitude...
Voice of reason.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:42 PM
drnano
4th Gear

No one would criticize a private owner of a 991 GT3 who was offered $15k over what they paid for the car and decided to sell it (assuming full disclosure of the STOP SALE and drive ban was made) and no one is harping about 997 GT3 4.0's commanding such a premium over MSRP in the second hand market, and this dealer is no different - its just through experience the dealer knows there are lots of people out there with more money than sense (or in many cases more money than patience) and don't care about $15k in the slightest.
I still think dealers who charge over MSRP should be named and shamed and that forums are a great way to spread the word (for both negative and positive experiences) so that their behavior can we rewarded accordingly. For dealers, charging over MSRP imo is an exploitation of their monopoly power and is a form of price gouging, and would be illegal if a 991 GT3 was a necessity product like food, water or shelter, but it is not, it is a luxury item and should be treated as such. Didn't I just read an article recently that said Porsche is one of the most profitable car companies in the world, with an 18% margin and an average of $23k profit per vehicle? They do that because they can, so does Apple and so would you if in their place, but no one is bitching about that.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
They may have it listed $15k over but selling it $15k over is a whole different story I'd say unless someone loaded lives under a rock....
Absolutely correct. The Ask won't necessarily and up being what's transacted.

It's a nice car, and aside from the color, very close to how I have mine specced. I wonder if they would bite on 15k under list, cash, when the motor is replaced.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:08 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that some people with boat loads of cash just don't care and will spend their money whichever way they see fit and thats how it is. Having said that they are as free to waste their money the way they want and in the mean time I will be free to call out what I believe to be price gauging by opportunistic people that really don't care one bit about others. I am a business owner ( 17yrs ) and I do feel a sense of responsibility towards my customers by instructing them as to which product suits them the best. I don't feel this need to take advantage of my customers not for the sake of the mighty dollar. Hey and I am not saying that I do charitable work, not at all, I provide a product which I manufacture very proudly and expect a profit. Could I probably sell my customers diamonds when all they need is lava rock probably in some instances, but I freely choose to add business ethics into my equation. So there is enough reason to dislike and disapprove of these car dealers that take advantage of people wether they have obscene amounts of money or not, to me there is no difference. Capitalism will be capitalism and its by far the most efficient economic model in existence, but it has its issues like anything else.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Dude-
Pro

Facebook, don't buy them folks, definitely over priced. Spread the news.

Just kidding man... messing with you. Cheers.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:38 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well taken dude, no worries. After all these forums exist because everyone has their own opinions. Cheers to you too
Old 03-23-2014, 11:09 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

i shared my conversation with a local dealer in another thread, but pretty much the same story. They have two cars that they bought back at full sale price (MSRP), probably to avoid the threat of a lemon law suit and the need to issue a buy back title. I inquired about their plan and was told that they expected to get at least MSRP after the engine swap, which they thought was at least 4 months out. They also told me ( good customer!) that all the 2015's would likely go at over MSRP.

Quick Reply: USED GT3 IN HOUSTON !!!