Sponsored by:

USED GT3 IN HOUSTON !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by toplabels
Doesn't surprise me at all about more than just that dealer, Momentum Porsche sold me a GT3 slot and after the rep didn't return my calls at all I asked to speak to the sales manager who defended the sales rep all the way and thru me under the bus. But you know what thank you Momentum you are wonderful just because you helped me get off the GT3 bus and today I am happily enjoying my 07 GT3 RS. thank you momentum for being such bleep bleep bleep
See, I would expect that from Momentum. That's why I didn't shop there.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:28 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

They may have it listed $15k over but selling it $15k over is a whole different story I'd say unless someone loaded lives under a rock....
Old 03-21-2014, 08:15 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

oh, theyll sell it...

what other gt3 are you going to buy instead? the one that is 40k over on ebay?

this car hasnt lost its steam, my dealer has buyers calling daily looking to get a car, any car.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:13 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude sorry but you are not the sarcastic king that fits me better than it will ever do you. There you go assuming things once again. You sound like the typical wife who assumes stuff. For the record again I did not buy my gt3 from them.

So you go buy what ever you want and i will post all I want if dealers are trying to take advantage of anybody less informed than me. Are you buddies with that dealer or whats up with you anyway????

So now I am assuming that in your book its OK for dealers to try to take advantage of people less informed.........Thats it I got it .......let me call them so they know where to send the commission.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:19 PM
toplabels
Instructor

hey 911rox, dude is willing to buy anything for a premium. maybe we should get him in contact with that dealer in houston..........
Old 03-21-2014, 09:20 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Living under a rock, that might just be dude
Old 03-21-2014, 09:38 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Conservative as I am in full blast I still dislike when people try to take advantage of others who don't know about forums don't know about the Porsche politics, don't know much about the current affairs regarding these cars and they are the ones that get taken for a ride. Whats also important is that by not being informed and as someone posted here someone will probably pay a hefty premium for a vehicle with a swapped engine and that is not good for anyone or at least for us well informed Porsche fanatics. Someone here might not see a problem with all this and thinks I am just going off an a particular dealer, but that is not even close enough far away from the truth. So get you're act together and call things for what there are and selling a 991 GT3 for 15K over MSRP is totally twisted. The reason why dealers do what they dol and we have all heard horror stories is because in part of those like some comments done here that don't give a rats a..... about others end of story.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the second GT3 991 to go on sale there. I called about the first one. It had 400 miles and was a trade in from a guy who was waiting on his Turbo S.
They were asking 170k for an msrp of 150k. The argument of the sales guy is that the car is considered used and therefore the "stop sale" does not apply to it. Some nerve knowing that whoever buys it cannot drive it because if he does and it catches on fire he will be denied any compensation from Porsche. Sickening
Old 03-21-2014, 10:07 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Fad1 at last someone make sense. Thank God someone has there feet well planted to the ground, not like other here........
Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

customers with the cash who do not want to wait will buy one over sticker. I wish I had one to sell - it would go over for what I paid for it. The engine replacement issue does not concern me. Swap the motors and still have a full warranty - so what.

if you really want one - someone will buy it. Maybe not for what they are asking - but for list plus for sure.

For me - I am waiting for the RS
Old 03-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Dude-
Pro

My last post was really meant to say sorry I snapped on you but if you insist I will play along.

You purchased your "new" baby congrats. Not from him but perhaps you were so disgusted by his actions that it lead you to your baby. So thanks to him right? This is not really important.

I have long been an advocate of free trade and let supply and demand take its course. I have a horse in this game so naturally I will encourage the best outcome for my involvement.

I have learned from experience that in the triangle of the social latter that one should not make judgement on what others do based on what your understanding is vs where you think you are in that latter.

Lets get back to real life, if a person is willing to pay x over msrp there must be a supply issue or the individual is someone you don't understand. Chances are that a Porsche gt3 buyer is not a idiot that needs your direction but an individual who has wealth beyond one's comprehension. That individual my not see the x over msrp as anything significant as you.
So when a high end customer decides to pay more, good for him. I will never call him an idiot, if I do, he may see me as the idiot in life.
Circling back to me as the guy under the rock, call me what you want but don't judge me on how I play with my money. I know a large number of guys in this forum that spends beyond my comprehension, I wish I was under the same rock as them.

Oh, congrats on you new rs, I hear its an awesome ride.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:56 PM
MarkG123
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Momentum is owned by Sonic Automotive. Do some research on the organization and it will be become very clear why they have a bad reputation.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Dude-
Pro

I'm in ny. I don't know those guys. I'm sure they are horrible, all I'm saying is sell what they want. A buyer may or may not buy it, but don't get upset if it does sell.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:11 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

again, any salesman asking over MSRP needs a swift kick in the nuts.... right in the showroom too so others can watch.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Dude-
Pro

I mean no disrespect tc. But why?

Quick Reply: USED GT3 IN HOUSTON !!!