GT3s Sold Out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 10:59 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default GT3s Sold Out?

Hi guys!

It's my first post here so first would like to say hello to everyone!

I am presently a happy owner of 2012 E92 M3 but would like to switch to Porsche.
I have contacted a dealer in UK in order to get a quotation for the GT3 and was told that all GT3s for UK have been already sold out. They were actually sold out mid September 2013 and that there is no chance to order one.

Can any of you confirm it? I know that there are still some available (like on mobile.de) but I can only afford to order one in UK (LHD export car).
Is this model that limited in production? They are not going to produce it for the entire model run?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:41 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Well, if you listen to the guys that own a 997, don't have a 991 on order, and don't own a 991, there should be tons available at a huge discount because they are horrible cars that are being produced in huge numbers. In this alternate universe, you should have no problem getting one.

In reality, that is apparently not the case. Rumors are that the entire production run of the car has already been spoken for. RHD has been said to be even more limited. Your best bet is probably to call around every dealer to see if they happen to have an allocation that isn't spoken for or put yourself on a wait list for the inevitable few who will pass on their spot.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:52 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i thinks theres a couple available for cheap!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:06 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

PM some of the UK folks here who have cancelled their allocations or returned their cars:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...scussion&mid=0

Ask them to put you in touch with their dealers.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:07 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to RL.You can always add your name to the dealer's list for 2015 when allocation becomes available. This is assuming there will be a 2015 production for GT3's. Nobody knows at this time.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:23 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Well, if you listen to the guys that own a 997, don't have a 991 on order, and don't own a 991, there should be tons available at a huge discount because they are horrible cars that are being produced in huge numbers. In this alternate universe, you should have no problem getting one.
Oh, man! My sides!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Welcome to RL.You can always add your name to the dealer's list for 2015 when allocation becomes available. This is assuming there will be a 2015 production for GT3's. Nobody knows at this time.
I believe that there IS a 2015 production run.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:02 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe

In reality, that is apparently not the case. Rumors are that the entire production run of the car has already been spoken for. RHD has been said to be even more limited. Your best bet is probably to call around every dealer to see if they happen to have an allocation that isn't spoken for or put yourself on a wait list for the inevitable few who will pass on their spot.
I'm in the "own a 997, don't have a 991 on order, and don't own a 991 (GT3)" group and I don't think they are readily available. Huge discounts are unheard of (maybe if you want a 2014 with a changed motor). Also, define "huge numbers"? They are certainly not "limited" and will build as many as they can sell. Lastly, the car is not "horrible". It will be phenomenal once all the kinks are ironed out and a great value for the money.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:05 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 194 Posts

Own a 997. Plan to order a 991RS. Talks about stop-run is silly. This is a mass run car and will be produced as such. There was a stop-sale earlier from the fires, yes, and not all dealers know the full situation to give you the 4-1-1.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I'm in the "own a 997, don't have a 991 on order, and don't own a 991 (GT3)" group and I don't think they are readily available. Huge discounts are unheard of (maybe if you want a 2014 with a changed motor). Also, define "huge numbers"? They are certainly not "limited" and will build as many as they can sell. Lastly, the car is not "horrible". It will be phenomenal once all the kinks are ironed out and a great value for the money.
There are certainly more buyers than there are cars at the moment, (and NO discounts manifest) but if past experience has any reflection on future production, the will only produce a couple of model years with around 1500+ cars, go look at the numbers for the 6.2's, 7.1's and 7.2's ...

I also agree, that if all the journo's are correct its an amazing car and good value too! EVO ECotY 2015 for example!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Own a 997. Plan to order a 991RS. Talks about stop-run is silly. This is a mass run car and will be produced as such. There was a stop-sale earlier from the fires, yes, and not all dealers know the full situation to give you the 4-1-1.
Originally Posted by kyrocks
alright, alright! I'm happy to rephrase to "SOME who own a 997 GT3, don't have a 991 GT3 on order and don't own a 991 GT3".

It's good to see that not everyone has tunnel vision.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:24 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for all your inputs.

Is there such a thing like the waiting list? How to get on one and find out my number in the list?

As far as I understood the dealer (actually two of them) allocations for the entire model run have been sold out. No 2015 GT3 available neither.

I will try to get in touch with the guys that have pulled out from the order.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:36 AM
rsdarcan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Thanks for all your inputs.

Is there such a thing like the waiting list? How to get on one and find out my number in the list?
As far as I understood the dealer (actually two of them) allocations for the entire model run have been sold out. No 2015 GT3 available neither.

I will try to get in touch with the guys that have pulled out from the order.

Thanks!
I was able to get an allocation for one about 2 weeks ago. It's a 2014 allocation July build and it is real. I have a good relationship with my dealer and that might be why I was able to obtain it. I'm not concerned about the stop sale issue... PAG will fix and move on. I have owned 4 P-cars and never had much of an issue. Good luck in getting on "The List" it looks like some folks are are dropping out, I bet you can find one. Welcome to the club... They are awesome cars... All of them!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 AM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

July build? Should be a 2015.

Quick Reply: GT3s Sold Out?