Sponsored by:

So Who's Cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 04:41 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default So Who's Cancelled?

I totally respect the position of many here who will still take delivery or keep their GT3. I truly believe it will be or is, an awesome car. I on the other hand have cancelled my order. My car was built, but apparently held in Germany. Depreciation wasn't a concern for me, I'm just disappointed in missing out on ED, and half the track season (at the very least).

My dealership has been great in the process, my deposit will be refunded in its entirety. They offered me a 2015 GT3 (apparently they still have tons of allocation, but I refused due to timing (who knows when the backlog will be rectified), and the probable lack of sport bucket seats.

I wasn't fussed about compensation either since I didn't take delivery, but i'm disappointed that PCNA didn't even call to apologize for missing the ED dates, and I felt I got strung along week to week with unrealistic delivery dates.

Last edited by shizzle; 03-19-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typo fixed
Old 03-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this thread will be very active once we know more on the time lines of the repairs and how they treat us above and beyond the extended warrantees. As of now, my personal opinion is that Porsche understands the situation and they are doing their best to take care of their premier customer base. I was on the fence but I have a good feeling that Porsche is doing the right thing.

Last edited by Dude-; 03-19-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Ten people on Pistonhead have canceled. Bottom of page.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...scussion&mid=0
Old 03-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Shizzle, you are 1000% correct in your decision. If it would have been my 911/50 with the same problem I'd have my deposit back. I don't understand any other decision. Anyone who thinks they won't get another allocation is delusional.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:14 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
I totally respect the position of many here who will still take delivery or keep their GT3. I truly believe it will be or is, an awesome car. I on the other hand have cancelled my order. My car was built, but apparently held in Germany. Depreciation wasn't a concern for me, I'm just disappointed in missing out on ED, and half the track season (at the very least).

My dealership has been great in the process, my deposit will be refunded in its entirety. They offered me a 2015 GT3 (apparently they still have tons of allocation, but I refused due to timing (who knows when the backlog will be rectified), and the probably lack of sport bucket seats.

I wasn't fussed about compensation either since I didn't take delivery, but i'm disappointed that PCNA didn't even call to apologize for missing the ED dates, and I felt I got strung along week to week with unrealistic delivery dates.

May I ask what dealer? I'm open to try again for a 15 build.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Jaypod
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bacura
Shizzle, you are 1000% correct in your decision. If it would have been my 911/50 with the same problem I'd have my deposit back. I don't understand any other decision. Anyone who thinks they won't get another allocation is delusional.
Agreed - if it was a 911/50 I would want a refund no question, especially if it was delivered without the houndstooth! That would be a deal breaker.

For the GT3 I am on the fence, track season sounds like it will be a wash, I personally am not fussed 14 vs 15, just want to be able to drive a car this track season but its not looking to good unfortunately. Might have to look at an MP4, but not sure I want to spend that much more on a car for a single purpose vehicle.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:16 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JB991
May I ask what dealer? I'm open to try again for a 15 build.
Porsche Centre Oakville was/is my dealer.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cancelled my RS order at my dealer. A tough decision as I just sold my 997.2 GT3, and was expecting to get the 991.1 GT3RS.

To me, the engines surely will be fixed, but my confidence to the build quality has been questioned. If I want to have a brick sitting in my garage for weeks, I would have bought Ferrari's...
Old 03-19-2014, 09:23 PM
mikemiaos
Instructor

I have cancelled mine, May build, and I bought a 991 Turbo S(inventory car) instead. Love the GT3, but just can't wait. Maybe get a RS in the future, but now I am happy with the Turbo S, so many improvements they have done!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
Agree Shizzle, you'll be able to get a 2015. I think people are perpetuating the myth that you can't get one in an attempt to support the residual of the 2014.

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would hang in there for a 2014. The 2015's will likely be out before the 2014 ever sees the road. Then, the 2014 will be a year old and suffer a full year of depreciation regardless of a new motor. It will always have the stigma of having the engine changed at the local dealer, will always have a positive Carfax. I don't think an extended warranty will convince anybody as to it's desirability over a 2015.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:44 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I'm about to cancel. I expect to do so in the next couple of days. I think I'm going to go with a carrera S and be happy. Took one for a drive this eve and it's an incredible machine. I'll probably look to get a GT3 in the future.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Dude-
Pro

Don't cancel Sgroer, Im your ghost of the future. Your've been warn.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle

My dealership has been great in the process, my deposit will be refunded in its entirety. They offered me a 2015 GT3 (apparently they still have tons of allocation, but I refused due to timing (who knows when the backlog will be rectified), and the probable lack of sport bucket seats.

If not 2015, what are you getting? Or are you giving up on cars in general?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Talked to my dealer today when my '14 C4S was in for service. Had two returned '14 GT3's on the lot, one apparently for a full refund, the other going up for sale by the owner. I was told it would be 4 - 6 months for the engine swap and he was expecting full MSRP as a starting point for either. Also said many of the 2015 allocations were still going for $20 to $30k over MSRP. Obviously not an Econ major in college, or part of the Porsche spin from The mother ship.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would hang in there for a 2014. The 2015's will likely be out before the 2014 ever sees the road. Then, the 2014 will be a year old and suffer a full year of depreciation regardless of a new motor. It will always have the stigma of having the engine changed at the local dealer, will always have a positive Carfax. I don't think an extended warranty will convince anybody as to it's desirability over a 2015.
An extended warranty may not seem to have much value right now, but in 4 years when this is long ago behind us and a 2015 is almost out of warranty, an otherwise comparable 2014 with another 2 years left will be very attractive to a buyer; note that CPO cars do carry a premium in the used market due to the extended warranty.

That said, in 2-3 months I would rather wait for a 2015 irrespective of the engine issue for the reasons you state, unless a new 2014 is significantly discounted (and there are no desirable new options for 2015).

Quick Reply: So Who's Cancelled?