Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Exactly. Someone who is leasing or making payments is reimbursed by Porsche for their financial loss PLUS they are offered $2K per/month for their trouble. OTOH, someone who has handed over the entire price of the car in cash to Porsche receives no compensation for the opportunity cost of THEIR money and is offered the same $2K per month. By any conceivable measurement, how is that fair?
So, If I put no money down and financed $150k for 24 months, Porshe would pay my finance payment of $6250 month + interest? So a potential benefit of $18,750 to $25,000 plus interest for 3 or 4 payments. And the guy who pays cash gets nothing? RIDICULOUS!
Surely they can figure out how unfair that would be.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:50 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Mike--btw, I think LateBrake911 in Chicago said that his payments were still being deducted, but I could be mistaken. I thought I read that in one of his posts earlier today.
Yes..
I just checked. they are still deducting the payments.
I had no idea they were taken care of the payments for people. Not sure If i believe it, till someone posts again. Ahhh. so I guess I have to call them Monday and see if they will do this.. If anyone had their lease or loan payments cancelled, please post.. or PM if more comfortable.. thx
Old 04-12-2014, 02:45 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Yes..
I had no idea they were taken care of the payments for people. Not sure If i believe it, till someone posts again. Ahhh. so I guess I have to call them Monday and see if they will do this.. If anyone had their lease or loan payments cancelled, please post.. or PM if more comfortable.. thx
Indeed we need this verified as it will be huge for us to know this during final negotiation. Please, please, please.... We need owners to speak up if they were able to have Porsche cover their loan or lease payments, and also if anyone was able to get their insurance premiums covered as well. Please help us confirm this and if you would be kind enough to share this information with us. Really would be much appreciated......
I suppose if this turns out to be true and that they have covered the loan payments for others and won't cover it for people who paid cash like myself & Mike, I can have my attorney draw a loan contract for Mike that I am loaning him the $160K (not sure of exact amount) with 6% APR, or whatever current interest rate is at (perhaps 25% APR ???? ) and outline the monthly payments, and he can do the same for me and prepare a loan agreement showing he is loaning me the $155k with again 6% APR, and we both submit our claims. Insurance payments would be easy to prove and we can have our insurance companies send them a copy of our premiums. Finally at our old age we get to sink ourselves to these sleazy tactics to please PAG. I don't think so and not a chance to lose our morals, but hopefully they are reading this post to see how ridiculous this double standard is
Old 04-12-2014, 10:58 AM
csmarx
Instructor

If you want to be precise, Porsche should not cover your entire loan payment. They should only cover the interest portion, but not the principal. In other words they should cover your cost of capital for the no-drive period. For those who borrowed/leased they should cover your interest you would otherwise have to pay. For those who paid cash (or put a deposit), they should reimburse you for lost interest earned.

That's the only way to make it equal for everyone.

Just my two cents.
-Christian
Old 04-12-2014, 11:12 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Yes..
Hey LB, See post#683 by Leilani Rios. She is very nice lady. I recommend for you to PM her and I am sure she will share detail of how she got Porsche to cover payments. She purchased her car in San Diego and was one of the 1st few that took delivery.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:19 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Has there been any rhyme or reason as to whom has been given a compensation call by PCNA this far? Seems like some owners who took delivery and some with cars at port--a mixture. Meaning, are they calling in date order? Have all owners who took delivery received their calls already?
Old 04-12-2014, 01:26 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Has there been any rhyme or reason as to whom has been given a compensation call by PCNA this far? Seems like some owners who took delivery and some with cars at port--a mixture. Meaning, are they calling in date order? Have all owners who took delivery received their calls already?
I believe that they are calling in order of allocation/order/delivery date. Mine was originally May 16 delivery, and I have not gotten a call yet.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:28 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by RUF RS
I believe that they are calling in order of allocation/order/delivery date. Mine was originally May 16 delivery, and I have not gotten a call yet.
Thanks, RUF RS.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah this one is funny. I got my car in December, and have always been called/contacted in the first day or two. Not on this one though, still waiting for a call. Who knows.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:33 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Yeah this one is funny. I got my car in December, and have always been called/contacted in the first day or two. Not on this one though, still waiting for a call. Who knows.
That's why I was asking! I noticed that some RL members in the same group as me (cars sitting at port since Feb / Mar) posted about they calls (I did not get mine) and yet I also knew that some members (like you) took delivery months ago...and still no call.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:40 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silverrules
Hey LB, See post#683 by Leilani Rios. She is very nice lady. I recommend for you to PM her and I am sure she will share detail of how she got Porsche to cover payments. She purchased her car in San Diego and was one of the 1st few that took delivery.
Thx Silver, I will make contact.
  • -Yes, I see the point of asking for 'Just Interest' .. Thx for adding clarity.
  • -I received car in Jan, and seems like they called me the first day. Either cause I was one of first to receive car, or the customer profiling suggested I was a sucker cause I haven't been too demanding and they wanted to hit the low hanging fruit first . LOL
Old 04-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Tim, I don't know what the logic is. I've not yet gotten "the call".
Old 04-12-2014, 03:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Lack of interest?
Mike, they should have your # on top of the list onbespeeld dial.
Hell, id keep the line open.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

The only call I want is timing of my engine replacement. The compensation program has been communicated and posted. AFAIC, they need not call me about compensation. If Porsche is reading this, put me at the end of the compensation call list but first as to engine timing.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by csmarx
If you want to be precise, Porsche should not cover your entire loan payment. They should only cover the interest portion, but not the principal. In other words they should cover your cost of capital for the no-drive period. For those who borrowed/leased they should cover your interest you would otherwise have to pay. For those who paid cash (or put a deposit), they should reimburse you for lost interest earned.

That's the only way to make it equal for everyone.

Just my two cents.
-Christian
Christian, I'm not sure it's that simple. The owner with a loan is paying for two things; the privilege of using someone else's money AND the product that he/she purchased. Porsche's stop drive has reduced the usefulness of both of those payments to the owner. The utility that Porsche promised to provide in return for the price of the car, is no longer there while it sits. The owner is making payments based on a schedule that assumes that the car has a certain value and will be available to drive during the payment period. Due to Porsche's negligence, right now the owner obligation is being fulfilled and Porsche's isn't. Seems to me Porsche owes the buyer something on both parts of the loan.

I'm neither a lawyer nor an accountant; I'm just trying to think this through as to what is fair. I realize fairness is not always a prime component of either the law or business.

Quick Reply: Compensation