Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just making a comment. After all that Porsche has said (very little) very little compensation offered, who is still drinking the Porsche Kool-Aid?

Not sure how many of you can still have any brand loyalty due to the way they are treating the best and likely the higher earning customers.

If my GT3 arrives close to the 2015's and this is all the comp we will get, they can stick my car where the sun does not shine. None of this is the dealers fault, this is all Tim Quinn in the US and the Arrogant people in Germany.

All we want is honesty, fairness and the truth. None in my view we have received to date from Porsche. If you disagree with this then you must think the following:

.Have no date as to when I will get my car but that's ok I will wait till the end of time to find out. So what if I get it in the winter I will put snow tires on it.

.You must think $2k per month will cover the deprecation on the 2014 along with a one year extra warranty that if you ask yourself how many cars have I owned past 4 years let alone 5 that this will be worth a penny. You must also think there will be no or little deprecation on your 2014, when a brand new 2015 arrived at your dealer the same time.

.You must be from another planet to think Porsche is being truthful. Did they ever say why the car was delayed for two months? Maybe some engines blew up who knows but did Porsche tell us the truth?

Again all we want is honesty, fairness and the truth. You each decided if you have received that to date and if you have, keep on drinking the Kool Aid and join the former Jim Jones when he asked his people to drink the Kool-Aid.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:10 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems to me that for those folks that have yet to take delivery of their cars (and thus have not paid for the car) to be receving both $2k/mo. plus a 1 year warranty extension is pretty fair. If you look at the data, I'm pretty sure these cars historically have not been averaging depreciation of$24k/year - even in the first year when depreciation should be greatest. If they did, I'd be able to buy a 2010 GT3 for way less than $100k. Even if you adjusted for initial list price, and tapered depreciation down each year, you'd come up with a fair price of such a used 2010 GT3 in the $70k - $80k range, which is clearly not the case. So the $2k/mo. plus 1 year warranty compensates both for depreciation and inconvenience, loss of use, etc.

From a few posts it seems that people who have already taken delivery, and who financed their cars, the car payments are being taken care of by Porsche. If this is true and combined with the above compensation I think should satisfy most. Although I also think they should take care of prorated annual insurance and registration costs.

What does not seem fair, is that those who paid cash is not getting equivalent reimbursement for cost of capital to those who financed the cars. To me there is no difference between financing the car by borrowing from a bank or self-financing. As has been pointed out cash payers took this money out of an investment account, so clearly there is a cost to this. Porsche should recognize this and treat those who have paid for the car equally in this regard. To a lesser extent those with deposits on un-delivered cars could claim some compensation for lost interest on their deposit for the extra delay.

Finally it's clear that those with already delivered cars, should receive an extention to the 1 year additional warranty equivalent to the waiting period.

If it was me, I'd be pretty happy if this was the deal. I wouldn't be happy with the delay, but I'd be happy with the deal.

I think those who have paid for the car in cash should negotiate for car payment equivalent compensation in addition to the $2k/mo. And all who have taken delivery should also negotiate for an extension to the 1 year additional warranty equal to the waiting period. I think it would be pretty hard for Porsche to refute the logic of this in order to treat everyone equally.

-Christian
Old 04-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Clocked: You are saying pretty much what I said to the "concierge" when the call came yesterday.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:59 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

wtf.. I financed w/ Porsche financial and they still taking payments out.. -- Dang. seems like you have to grub for everything here. Thought this was fun after business extra curricular softball.. No more Mr. Nice Guy then.. time to change the uniform.. Going to look at 12c's this weekend to see what my options are..
Old 04-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
Mark, I'm pretty sure this is no longer the case (once was) so one less thing to worry about... The 997.2s have a 10yr corrosion warranty so the 991s will have at least that. Not an ideal way to store the car but you'll be sufficiently protected by warranty.

I know this because mine is in for it's 4yr major and a corrosion inspection was one of the items needing to be done
Chris, maybe the corrosion warranties are different outside the US. Here, according to the 2011 warranty booklet, the 997.2 GT3's got a 3 year corrosion warranty. According to my 2014 warranty booklet, the 991 GT3 gets a 4 year warranty.

Originally Posted by naroescape
Reading through and following all these threads (I need to get a life) its obvious that for each of you, the amount of compensation you get to satisfy you is very personal. For some, an extended warranty means nothing, for some, it's huge. Cash may be important for some, not for others. Tires, loaner, etc. all mean different things to different people. And for some, just getting the car back is all they want....

I believe that is why Porsche is handling this the way they are. The baseline is X (warranty, $2000/month, loaner) but anything more or different that will appease YOU, YOU will have to negotiate for.
I think this is very likely.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:28 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Chris, maybe the corrosion warranties are different outside the US. Here, according to the 2011 warranty booklet, the 997.2 GT3's got a 3 year corrosion warranty. According to my 2014 warranty booklet, the 991 GT3 gets a 4 year warranty. I think this is very likely.
Mike--I now recall that someone posted weeks ago that we will all have to "negotiate" our own compensation. At the time (just like early rumors of thrown rods...), I dismissed it as unlikely bc of the pain involved.

I was wrong then and it appears that I am wrong again now.

I now see the light--there is a basic package given. Anything more will require some pulling of hair or teeth or fingernails. Or all of the above.

Ugh.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:22 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

Just got my compensation call. The guy offered both options - tires and $2K/month. I told him that offering tires is just ridiculous and $2K/month does not even cover depreciation, not talking about insurance, storage, hit taken by taint on the car etc. He just said: "there is a third option - repurchase. should I connect you with them?" I told him to do that, and almost immediately got a call from the repurchase guy. The repurchase guy told me that they would make me whole, which would include covering sales tax, but would not include ANY of my other expenses, such as clear bra installation. He actually said I'd have to have it removed at my expense.

I'm outraged at all of the options offered, including the repurchase option - I mean, even if I take that, I'm down the interest on the price of the car, and almost $3K I spent on mods, not even including inconvenience. F-k that! I did not expect this from Porsche or any company worth dealing with for that matter. This is likely my last Porsche and definitely the last time I'm recommending Porsche to anyone...
Old 04-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

MaxLTV........look into the Lemon Law
Old 04-11-2014, 05:32 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Just got my compensation call. The guy offered both options - tires and $2K/month. I told him that offering tires is just ridiculous and $2K/month does not even cover depreciation, not talking about insurance, storage, hit taken by taint on the car etc. He just said: "there is a third option - repurchase. should I connect you with them?" I told him to do that, and almost immediately got a call from the repurchase guy. The repurchase guy told me that they would make me whole, which would include covering sales tax, but would not include ANY of my other expenses, such as clear bra installation. He actually said I'd have to have it removed at my expense. I'm outraged at all of the options offered, including the repurchase option - I mean, even if I take that, I'm down the interest on the price of the car, and almost $3K I spent on mods, not even including inconvenience. F-k that! I did not expect this from Porsche or any company worth dealing with for that matter. This is likely my last Porsche and definitely the last time I'm recommending Porsche to anyone...
Max -- That is ridiculous. Simply horrible.

Are they even going to attempt budge???
Old 04-11-2014, 05:32 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Chris, maybe the corrosion warranties are different outside the US. Here, according to the 2011 warranty booklet, the 997.2 GT3's got a 3 year corrosion warranty. According to my 2014 warranty booklet, the 991 GT3 gets a 4 year warranty.
Mike, I am looking at the Monroney sticker for my 2010 GT3, and under the "Warranty/Durability" section, it says "10 Year Limited Anti-Corrosion" on the first line and "Limited 4 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty-US" (which is the regular vehicle warranty) on the second line of that section.

Would you please double-check the info on your 991 GT3's Monroney sticker?

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Just got my compensation call. The guy offered both options - tires and $2K/month. I told him that offering tires is just ridiculous and $2K/month does not even cover depreciation, not talking about insurance, storage, hit taken by taint on the car etc. He just said: "there is a third option - repurchase. should I connect you with them?" I told him to do that, and almost immediately got a call from the repurchase guy. The repurchase guy told me that they would make me whole, which would include covering sales tax, but would not include ANY of my other expenses, such as clear bra installation. He actually said I'd have to have it removed at my expense.

I'm outraged at all of the options offered, including the repurchase option - I mean, even if I take that, I'm down the interest on the price of the car, and almost $3K I spent on mods, not even including inconvenience. F-k that! I did not expect this from Porsche or any company worth dealing with for that matter. This is likely my last Porsche and definitely the last time I'm recommending Porsche to anyone...
Forget Porsche. Go back to your original dealer and insist they buy the car back from you. If necessary invoke the lemon law. Keep the tax credit on the return, get in line for a 2015 GT3. Or, take a Turbo S if you can still stand Porsche.

Or, just take the repurchase from Porsche. It sucks but you're only out incidental expenses. Your first loss is your best loss. Get out and live another day. Buy something fun and drive it for the summer.

Of course, you could wait for the Group Action letter being sent to Porsche. I'm certain that will scare the snot out of them, and then they'll call you back with a better offer. /sarc

Last edited by Bluehinder; 04-11-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:49 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Did they ever say why the car was delayed for two months?
I would very much like to know the reason for the initial delay too. My conspiracy theory (and just that) is that, they had some issues with the engine, but it didn't result in a fire. They figured the probability is low and figured they could just take care of it if it happens through warranty replacement. It wouldn't even be news if two cars got new engines. But then the fires happened and there is an element of criminal liability if they had any prior knowledge of an issue. Hence the drastic action of stop sale and stop drive. Many more normal 991s have burned down but it didn't result in any stop sale or stop drive. Why the special handling for GT3s from just 2 cars burning down?

ps. Not to wade into a difficult issue for those involved. I am just curious. I could have been easily one of you, it is just sheer chance (and PDK) that I am not. So good luck to those involved, hope it ends well.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche
MaxLTV........look into the Lemon Law
Why would you want to jump through the Lemon Law hoops when Porsche has already agreed to buy the car back?
Old 04-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
Why would you want to jump through the Lemon Law hoops when Porsche has already agreed to buy the car back?
To make the dealer buy it back. Make them cover your expenses.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
Mike, I am looking at the Monroney sticker for my 2010 GT3, and under the "Warranty/Durability" section, it says "10 Year Limited Anti-Corrosion" on the first line and "Limited 4 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty-US" (which is the regular vehicle warranty) on the second line of that section.

Would you please double-check the info on your 991 GT3's Monroney sticker?

Thanks.
John, my 2014 sticker is apparently laid out somewhat differently than yours as there is an "Owner Protection" section. The first line lists the 4 year/50,000 mile warranty-US, the second shows the 12 year (not 10) Corrosion Perforation Limited Warranty, and the third lists Porsche Roadside Assistance.

Nevertheless, on page 12 of my Warranty and Customer Information booklet, while it also states generally that the Corrosion Warranty is good for 12 years and unlimited mileage, on the GT3 specifically it is listed as only 4 years.

Quick Reply: Compensation