Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   My GT3 order ***Come in and comment*** (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/804276-my-gt3-order-come-in-and-comment.html)

sebearstian 03-10-2014 02:17 AM

My GT3 order ***Come in and comment***

Hi all

I am finalising the options for my GT3 and there are a few that I am not too sure, please feel free to comment on them.

1. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus VS Sports Bucket Seats

This car will be used as an DD with occasionally track use. I am definitely not getting the club sport package but I don't know which is more comfortable for daily use. I do know the bucket seats are lighter and they look gorgeous but is less adjustable, especially if you want lumbar support.

2. PCCB Brakes

Yes this is a long thread on this. Mostly getting this because it looks nicer.

3. Privacy glass

How is this different from doing it in a tint shop?

4. Instrument and chrono dial in Red/White

Standard is grey and I see many comments regarding grey dials for S/4S due to glare so should I change it?

5. Extended interior door panel in leather/alcantara

I am getting the carbon interior package w carbon centre console and carbon sills, just thinking if I should get this last one as well.

6. Mobile phone preparation

I assume this is required if I want bluetooth handsfree in the car? Ideally I want an USB port in my glovebox to charge my phone as well.

7. Exterior color

Yes this is very personal. Now it is down to white, racing yellow or rhodium silver.

MJones 03-10-2014 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by huracan (Post 11199869)
Hi all

I am finalising the options for my GT3 and there are a few that I am not too sure, please feel free to comment on them.

This car will be used as an DD with occasionally track use. I am definitely not getting the club sport package but I don't know which is more comfortable for daily use. I do know the bucket seats are lighter and they look gorgeous but is less adjustable, especially if you want lumbar support.

2. PCCB Brakes

3. Privacy glass

Standard is grey and I see many comments regarding grey dials for S/4S due to glare so should I change it?

I am getting the carbon interior package w carbon centre console and carbon sills, just thinking if I should get this last one as well.

I assume this is required if I want bluetooth handsfree in the car? Ideally I want an USB port in my glovebox to charge my phone as well.

7. Exterior color

Yes this is very personal. Now it is down to white, racing yellow or rhodium silver.

You are a very lucky man, we in the U.S. are not allowed to get some these options!

Sport Bucket Seats are a great choice! Wish we could.

PCCB are great but pricy.

Privacy Glass, wish we could but can't.

Chrono dial is not needed. Stock color is fine.

Extended interior, it's personal, get what you like.

Phone Prep, get that. We in U.S. get that for free but have to check the box.

Color is personal, but I'd choose Yellow from your list!

Enjoy :bigbye:

sechsgang 03-10-2014 11:04 AM

Ya, seconded on gauge color...the stock color/s(gray center, black sport chrono) is EASILY the best IMHO as it doesn't show all the little help lights nearly as obviously as red or white will. As far as exteriors, I did GT silver, so I'm partial to silvers but you can't go wrong with white either.

0Q991 03-10-2014 11:11 AM

Third on gauge color. Looks better and a color like red is actually harder for me (personally) to read at a glance.

frayed 03-10-2014 01:02 PM

4th the endorsement of standard gauge color.

The rest are personal choices. If an option in the US I'd get privacy glass unless absurdly expensive. I'd also do PCCBs on a car that will not see a lot of track time. Seats, I went with standard b/c I just don't need all the extra adjustability.

sidicks 03-10-2014 07:04 PM

Hi all

I found the bucket seats to be very supportive and sufficiently comfortable to choose them on my car for regular use (i.e. my priority is for road use, not track).

Unfortunately I'm yet to sit in my seats as the car is currently held by the dealer.....

2. PCCB Brakes

I have these also - ultimate stopping power, look fantastic, reduced brake dust and a link to the 918. However, difficult to justify for the price....

3. Privacy glass

A big 'no' from me, but it's just personal taste. If you did want this done I'd strongly recommend getting it done at the factory rather than by a third party.

I'd agree with all those above who have said to stick with the standard dials.

I think it's worth paying the extra for the leather dash etc, but think that you are better off saving your money for other options!

I like the look of carbon, plus of course it matches the back of the bucket seats, so I've gone with the carbon centre console, carbon door trims and carbon door sills. It looks fantastic!

I think to 'future proof' your car, it's worth having the telephone prep.

7. Exterior color

In my opinion, white is very "race car" and seems very popular, which you could view as positive or negative!

I think Yellow looks great, but it very loud - it depends what you want

I wanted something more subtle, so went with Rhodium Silver - it looks fantastic...!

Enjoy....
:cheers:

LateBrake911 03-10-2014 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
on gauge color.. I got the white, and don't know what everyone is talking about.. Don't even notice the symbols.. I think this view of the 'Warning Smbols' is overblown. Don't sell your self short on the white dials, some people love them. It's Preference. Go to a dealer and LOOK for YOURSELF.

Understand that people on the forum are 100x more opinionated then regular folks, and you are ultimately solely accountable and responsible for your configuration.. Ha Ha.. - Another excuse to post pics of my car before it's taken away. :D

Just Jordan 03-10-2014 11:12 PM

I don't mind the white gauges, but the red ones look really busy.

LateBrake911 03-10-2014 11:20 PM

..Yea. I always wanted red till I saw them in real life.. Just My opinion.. ..

I think there was a youtube with the camera 33mm from the gauge doing a 0-60 that got everyone freaked out about the warning symbols on the white gauges. .. there are some others w/ a normal view and it looks more like real life. Search you tube if your interested..

-- I remember, cause I canceled mine for a minute, then saw another video and added back.. LOL.. would have shot my self If I didn't' get them and compared to others how did when I picked up my car..

R.Deacon 03-10-2014 11:31 PM

I order the white gauges against car white , pretty foolish money , I guess its the custom thing that appeals

sebearstian 03-10-2014 11:38 PM

I think i am pretty much set except for the color and seats. I will talk to the dealer if they have the bucket seat for demo.

For the dials i guess i will just save my money and go for the default. On second thought white or red dials dont really sing to me.

As I mentioned on another thread, I would like Porsche to give us the option of non-CL wheels. I dont like the idea i have to go back to the dealer to dismount my wheels. Nightmare to have to bring my own tools for the track days.

johnnylmz 03-10-2014 11:47 PM

I got the instruments and chrono dial in red to go with black exterior color. It's really personal preference. However, "Extended interior door panel in leather/alcantara" is really a waste of money IMO. Try using the 3D configuration on Porsche website and it shows all the details for every option, and you can hardly notice any difference.

sebearstian 03-11-2014 04:03 AM

I tried the 3D view and agreed the extended leather/alcantara in door panel as well as the extended interior package is too much, especially when i am also getting the red stitching interior.

I am still thinking of bucket seats or doing the sport seats plus together with child seat mount and leather wrap for the back.