Mesh for front wheel wells

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 02:54 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

These were done today on my car.

Needs alignment to compensate for weight and balance ... feels a bit more plow-on understeer ...
Old 08-22-2014, 03:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

CarreraGT. I might suggest to the track asap and then dial in some new geo once you have a clear idea what its doing at speed, under brakes, trailing throttle and trailing brake. I find the road has too many varying surfaces, crud etc to know for sure. The factory settings are fine for the road in general but underwhelming for very fast road work/track. I started with -2.15/-1.95 and that helped turn in noticeably. I think softening up the front ARB will address the rest of your concerns....
Old 08-22-2014, 03:05 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
CarreraGT. I might suggest to the track asap and then dial in some new geo once you have a clear idea what its doing at speed, under brakes, trailing throttle and trailing brake. I find the road has too many varying surfaces, crud etc to know for sure. The factory settings are fine for the road in general but underwhelming for very fast road work/track. I started with -2.15/-1.95 and that helped turn in noticeably. I think softening up the front ARB will address the rest of your concerns....
Can you order a clubsport bar and use my ship-to address, please?

I think that will compensate for the weight of the radiator screens, but Mr Porsche in the USA thinks the European safety equipment is not safe for 'merican drivers.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I probably could! Someone did the math tho and youd be far better going GMC IMO (probably cheaper, at least as well built and you can have it colour coded).
Old 08-22-2014, 09:43 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

^
Macca,
if it is my noggin', I will opt for a a bar that contacts/bolts directly to the chassis. The front legs of the GMG bolt into the seat belt post. I understand why some people don't want to punch holes/weld a plate for the front legs, but it is worth the piece of mind to me.

Quick Reply: Mesh for front wheel wells