Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possiblities?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Agree with Mike, save one point; Porsche will likely not offer compensation publicly. Owners will need to negotiate this individually.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The announcement will be made on Friday. No idea if it will be a progress report or a full update with solution.

I suspect "compensation" will be the same across the board. In this day of the internet there is no hiding. Apparently this is also high on PAGs internal agenda. My guess is it will be a cash back for each week of delay/downtime a client who owns a car faces. Thats what Im hoping in any case. $2000 USD a week would be quite nice. If you car isnt delivered I doubt it will apply logically (i.e. that's a relay not a recall).
Old 02-27-2014, 01:45 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

I just keep thinking that if it was simply a sub standard bracket by a single supplier and a short run of cars with that particular part, those cars could be isolated easily and the rest could be doing smokey burnouts. Frustrating.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just dealt with nearly identical BMW situation last year. Owners had to call, ask for comp, and negotiate. Most were in the 1-3k range for 3-4 wk stop sale. Perhaps Porsche will just step up and offer a consistent compensation for all.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:01 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Macca
The announcement will be made on Friday.
Thats what I'm talking about.

Now we can get thru the rest of week! One day at a time. thankyou!

--Interesting on Compensation.. that would be great.. My sales guy says to ask for the BT option.. but all I want is a great deal on a McCan so I can have at least 2 Porsches like everyone else on the Forum.. -- They will be coming out like hot cakes..
Old 02-27-2014, 02:13 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Thats what I'm talking about.

Now we can get thru the rest of week! One day at a time. thankyou!

--Interesting on Compensation.. that would be great.. My sales guy says to ask for the BT option.. but all I want is a great deal on a McCan so I can have at least 2 Porsches like everyone else on the Forum.. -- They will be coming out like hot cakes..
You can always go pick up a nice clean 914 to add to your sig.

Of course if you don't get the 914-6 you will catch sh*t from a whole other group of guys.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:25 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Check is in the mail I am sure they will get it back on the next car purchased so don't get too excited guys.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:35 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
You are right Mike. I have been on the other side and always felt like we didn't have enough time to react. Now I am on this side and it feels like eternity Once this is all over we definitely need to have few beers and walk around the wagons and admire the beauty. I will shut up now and drive later

Cheers
silverrules, we're all feeling the frustration even though we may know how it has to play out. Not saying we shouldn't vent, but just thought I'd throw in a reality check. That last part sounds like a great idea; I'm buying the first round.

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Agree with Mike, save one point; Porsche will likely not offer compensation publicly. Owners will need to negotiate this individually.
Rob, FWIW I had a personal conversation with someone high up in PCNA's customer service organization and compensation is definitely something that Porsche was going to discuss internally. You may be right about some of the specifics, but I think a general framework for compensation will be announced. Just my belief....
Old 02-27-2014, 02:45 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

If the Stop-sale exceeds a month I can see on average a $2k pissing match happen. I'd expect at least that for Loss of Enjoyment. I don't care if it's a 1% er problem. They need to make it right.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:46 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
silverrules, we're all feeling the frustration even though we may know how it has to play out. Not saying we shouldn't vent, but just thought I'd throw in a reality check. That last part sounds like a great idea; I'm buying the first round. Rob, FWIW I had a personal conversation with someone high up in PCNA's customer service organization and compensation is definitely something that Porsche was going to discuss internally. You may be right about some of the specifics, but I think a general framework for compensation will be announced. Just my belief....
Mike, I too spoke with someone last week from PCNA and the indication was that they were very aware of their need to compensate. I have faith that they will do the right thing.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:52 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by MarcusG
If the Stop-sale exceeds a month I can see on average a $2k pissing match happen. I'd expect at least that for Loss of Enjoyment. I don't care if it's a 1% er problem. They need to make it right.
Marcus, if it exceeds a month, I think $2K would be low. The compensation suggested in my conversation with PCNA was that for a cash buyer it would be equivalent to the monthly payment if the car had been financed. My car was almost $170K (including tax and license) and the monthly payment on a 5 year loan for that amount at 2.5-3% would be over $3K.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

You will probably get a credit offered towards service and parts and an extended warranty.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:58 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of good info here tonight guys....

Now I think I'll Cruz over to Piston Heads to see if the have any info.... Or any good arguments w Apollo (or something like that). LOL
Old 02-27-2014, 02:58 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
You will probably get a credit offered towards service and parts and an extended warranty.
Another possibility and the extended warranty might be added in any event. But when my 996 was in the shop for a month, I received a check and I expect that would be the case this time too.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:26 AM
Elephant Chuck
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverrules
Is it possible that PAG is in a tough spot as they don't think they can fix the design flaw permanently and they don't want to be involved in litigation and decide to Issue refunds to current owners in exchange for the cars? Porsche then writes off $140M and ends the GT3 era.
The sky is not falling. This is just a problem to be solved like any other. The stop driving order is about limiting liability while a solution is developed.

Think this through; Some cars have caught fire. For a fire to exist there must be a fuel source. This is almost surely due a gas leak, or somewhat less likely an oil leak.

The leak is due to a faulty component, or a component failing due to an environment issue such as heat, abrasion or vibration.

These are normal issues and a solution can be found. Guaranteed.

Quick Reply: Possiblities?