Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possiblities?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 12:29 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sure hope so. I waited a LONG time for this car and its about to dock in San Diego next Wed.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

I am convinced that Porsche knows the issue will require major engine surgery to correct. The reason for the delay in announcing is Porsche does not have any good alternatives to offer the customers that took delivery and to those who have their cars built but not delivered.

For the past two weeks I have as the reigning drama queen been espousing to be ready for the worst and decide what you are willing to take. If Porsche had any sense they will make what ever they decide to do so attractive it will be a deal none of us affected can turn down. That is their problem. What type of deal can they offer?

The other route they can take is the go pound sand route. It goes like this and is a German solution. To those who had their car built but not delivered; we found the problem we will fix it and if you don't want the car we have long waiting list. To those that took delivery; we fixed your car paid you adequate compensation for time lost so quit complaining.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:45 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Personally I believe the issue is bigger than some loose & out of tolerance bolts/brackets and procedure on how to tightening the new bolts, supplier blah blah blah I say the cars will sit at the dealers for two months waiting on the new engine. Just come out and tell me PAG My guess is we will be back n the road in mid May. I am fine with that as I still hold the money bag. The current owners will be PISSED driving Boxsters and Cayenne V6 having paid $170K. Lawsuits will be pouring in soon. You will see.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:13 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Personally I believe the issue is bigger than some loose & out of tolerance bolts/brackets and procedure on how to tightening the new bolts, supplier blah blah blah I say the cars will sit at the dealers for two months waiting on the new engine. Just come out and tell me PAG My guess is we will be back n the road in mid May. I am fine with that as I still hold the money bag. The current owners will be PISSED driving Boxsters and Cayenne V6 having paid $170K. Lawsuits will be pouring in soon. You will see.
Again, 30 days in the shop constitutes as lemon law...60 would be laughable.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:17 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Again, 30 days in the shop constitutes as lemon law...
I think there is a loophole that Porsche will use if the car is just grounded at the shop.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:24 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I think there is a loophole that Porsche will use if the car is just grounded at the shop.
does that cover an indefinite amount of time?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:26 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by sechsgang
does that cover an indefinite amount of time?
Don't know.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

The key to any Lemon Law is the manufacture has tried to repair often (in CA four times) and the car still has the problem. The fact that the car is inoperable for 30 days does not matter if the manufacturer has not had an opportunity to repair.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:30 PM
silverrules
Drifting

There are always loopholes. For the safety of our customers we grounded the car and provided a BRAND new 911 loaners to our customers while we worked on fixing the car. The Jury will have a hard time penalizing PAG.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:34 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@Nick -- that sounds like the "loophole." Ground the cars to prevent bodily harm / injury or death and other liability. But don't attempt the beginning of even the first attempt at a fix until all their ducks are in a row...

That said, the way I view it (as someone who has not yet taken delivery) is that I'm still a few weeks away from my promised delivery date (prior to the stop sale). So, until the official news is release and / or until my delivery date as significantly lapsed...I'm essentially in no different a position other than the fact that I'm involved in the auto enthusiast community and have monitored the situation with an obsessive passion and, as a result of my vigilance, have had to ride this roller coaster of drama.

I feel most for those who have taken delivery, paid in full, and have lost the right / ability to enjoy their cars. I've said it numerous times now, but I hope this is all sorted out quickly and in the best way possible for ALL of us.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:46 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Texas lemon law:
The Texas Lemon Law is a consumer protection statute designed to help Texas consumers get rid of their defective vehicles. If you have purchased a new vehicle, and you have taken it back to the dealership for repairs four or more times (twice within the first year / 12,000 miles, and two more times within the next year /12,000 miles) and the problem continues to exist, or you have taken your vehicle in twice within the first two years / 24,000 miles for a serious safety defect, or your vehicle was in the shop for 30 days or more, you may have a lemon. If so, you may be entitled to a full refund or a new vehicle.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

More importantly, those that had taken delivery do not have a choice. They must get their cars repaired regardless of how invasive the repair is. Those of us with a car on the boat can walk away and get our deposit back.

The people best positioned are those that have yet to get their cars built. I think I know what I want from Porsche but doubt Porsche will agree.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:56 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@Nick -- My wish list: 6 year / 100k mile warranty, maintenance / service. Over the top effort: drastic discount or even covered tuition at driving experience, some sort of discount or credit on the price of the car or on a future vehicle.

Like I said, it's a "WISH" list.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:06 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

An extended warranty for those cars that had to go back for a 'fix' would be nice. I'd rather have the extended warranty on a car that was fixed and working just fine, than a car that was made a few months from now that incorporates the fix but still has the standard warranty. That should take care of any resale worries or if you're keeping the car for a longer period of time.

FWIW, my wife used to be a quality control engineer. Based on what she knows about these recalls, don't expect to hear anything for about a month. We're already 2 weeks into it, so it shouldn't be much longer.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:11 PM
silverrules
Drifting

I think so too. It will be a while. I think Mike may have a better case by not taking the loaner if things are not resolved to his satisfaction. Hope it does not come to that and probably wont but if it did it might help.

Quick Reply: Possiblities?