Sponsored by:

Ordered my GT3 yesterday, delivery in 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Thx.. I'll remember that next time I want to go to jail for Insurance fraud.. -- .. Kidding. I get proving the point.. LOL..

In IL they let you apply the value of the Trade in towards a new car.. e.g. trade in an M5 for 100k for a GT3 at 150K, only pay tax on 50K.. Guess it's not like that in Cali. Too bad.
Cali !!!

There are hundreds of reasons there are fewer fortune 500 company headquarters in California than elsewhere and of those most are tech in the Bay area. It's just too expensive. The most unfriendly state to do business in period.

In a nutshell it feels like 1% of us pay nearly 95% of all tax revenue that supports the entire rest of the state. In reality I just read that in 2014 it's 10% of top wage earners pay 71% of all tax revenue across the country. The bottom 50 percent paid 2 percent of income taxes, but earned 12 percent of income.

In Cali, welfare, free healthcare for all illegals, EBT cards that fast food restaurants and liquor stores accept. My gardener told me the other day that his wife quit her job because they receive more money from the state than what her earnings were from subsidies. They also receive an additional check because one of their 5 children has autism (which is awful) but the list goes on and on. It's an insanely broken system that's abused to the maximum.

I'm a native, love the weather and my family that's still here so be it. Don't get me wrong. Didn't Macca tell us in Finland a 991 GT3 is $400k US? lol. How about that other fellow from Dennmark and the $648k tab. Was that correct? Are fuel is also cheap by most standards unless you are in the middle East.

Sorry for the tangent. gskudlarick kick started me. Ok, off the box and back into my 100 millisecond shifting PDK car.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:06 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neanicu
Think on the bright side : your car might not be affected. As a matter of fact,the majority might not be affected,but we won't know until Porsche manages to figure it out...

Enjoy your car!

Neanciu.

I'm pretty sure the reason for the fires is from the PDK leaking all over the exhaust. All we would hear about from ALL GT3 owners these days would be burnouts if the car came with a 7MT.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:09 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I'll add fuel to the fire - if the US had a similar luxury goods taxation policy, maybe it wouldn't be broke. I'm not complaining, but there is a reason why this kind of stuff is cheaper here than anywhere else in the world.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Communist
Old 02-27-2014, 01:27 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Neanciu. I'm pretty sure the reason for the fires is from the PDK leaking all over the exhaust. All we would hear about from ALL GT3 owners these days would be burnouts if the car came with a 7MT.
Marcus,I know we've had the PDK/Manual discussion before and I know you probably think I'm a little crazy advocating the Manual so much,but in the GT3 case I'd like to remain realistic. Had this car came with a Manual tranny as an option,I would've been in the same situation the rest are facing-watching how nice it sits in the garage or waiting to see how long it's delayed. So I sympathize with the rest and I'm genuinely interested to see what's wrong.

Nick.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:34 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Nick,

I hope you know I was joking.

I too feel bad for the boys waiting on their cars. If I hadn't been so antsy I would have a GT3 sitting in my garage waiting for the green light as well. Instead I went down last Sept. and bought the first S I could find that had the other things I wanted!

Still, I wonder if a handstick was offered in the 991 GT3 would I go PDK or MT? I really don't know. Honestly.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Nick, I hope you know I was joking.
Of course
Old 02-27-2014, 01:41 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Instead I went down last Sept. and bought the first S I could find that had the other things I wanted!

You bought an S with PDK,if I'm not mistaking...?

Big mistake!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:46 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cali !!!

There are hundreds of reasons there are fewer fortune 500 company headquarters in California than elsewhere and of those most are tech in the Bay area. It's just too expensive. The most unfriendly state to do business in period....
Yep..Good info MarcusG, and glad not everyone agrees with that garbage.. ... ..I know I'll pay, and pay... LOL.. Chicago, great people, but it's a welfare state, and worse when you add the corruption which goes hand in hand with the Tradition v.s. Innovation mind set, not to mention I have not driven my GT3 in 30+ days. --didn't see the ICE Tire option on the configurator.. WEATHER!!!$#*& . ..

Born in Laguna Beach and finally moving back no matter what! Maybe Santa Monica.. . (PCH, Mulhollond, Angeles Crest HWY, Close to SD, Close to Vegas. Hotter chicks then Miami, High Tech/Silicon Beach. MCycle/Car Track Days all year )..

Might incorporate in Vegas, etc. etc.. but thats another forum.. I just want to get my Road America Track day in w/ GT3 JR before I move out this spring or Summer..
Old 02-27-2014, 01:47 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neanicu
You bought an S with PDK,if I'm not mistaking...?

Big mistake!

I know. That's two more mistakes in a row! At least I purchased a Porsche and not an Audi. That part I got right!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:58 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Yep..Good info MarcusG, and glad not everyone agrees with that garbage.. ... ..I know I'll pay, and pay... LOL.. Chicago, great people, but it's a welfare state, and worse when you add the corruption which goes hand in hand with the Tradition v.s. Innovation mind set, not to mention I have not driven my GT3 in 30+ days. --didn't see the ICE Tire option on the configurator.. WEATHER!!!$#*& . ..

Born in Laguna Beach and finally moving back no matter what! Maybe Santa Monica.. . (PCH, Mulhollond, Angeles Crest HWY, Close to SD, Close to Vegas. Hotter chicks then Miami, High Tech/Silicon Beach. MCycle/Car Track Days all year )..

Might incorporate in Vegas, etc. etc.. but thats another forum.. I just want to get my Road America Track day in w/ GT3 JR before I move out this spring or Summer..

Hot babes and great weather. Boy, how brainless are we?

That's about all we got here in beautiful California. Oh, and $2,500 a sq. ft. homes on the Strand.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Originally Posted by Serge944
I'll add fuel to the fire - if the US had a similar luxury goods taxation policy, maybe it wouldn't be broke. I'm not complaining, but there is a reason why this kind of stuff is cheaper here than anywhere else in the world.
YUPP
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Daniel L
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Skruebrakkeren
You're not the only one, living in a country with insaine taxes on cars :-)

The GT3 in Denmark cost around 3 million DKK // 552.170,95 $ + options... The local Porsche Dealership has a brand new GT3 with carbon ceramic brakes, clubsport package etc for sale at 3.525.477 DKK // 648.888,66 $

The listed trackday price on 1.285.467 DKK is without taxes, so you can only drive it on tracks, not in public.

And just to mention our fuel price, it's around 2,50 $ pr. litre
$1300 for a fartpilot? Google says it's cruise control
Old 03-02-2014, 06:31 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Originally Posted by Daniel L
$1300 for a fartpilot? Google says it's cruise control
That´s right it´s the cruise contol.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:08 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Has anyone heard anything new about the possible solution?

Quick Reply: Ordered my GT3 yesterday, delivery in 2 weeks