Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow. That is breaking news!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:37 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Wow. That is breaking third-hand information from a forum on the internet!
fixed it for ya

Old 02-25-2014, 03:47 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
fixed it for ya .
Hahaha. LOL. I can only laugh to stop from crying at this point.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:10 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
fixed it for ya

That´s exactly right

Told by a mechanic to a guy that knows nothing about the technical stuff. But anyway, he doesn´t have any reason to minimize the problem, I´m not bothered or concerned about it at all.

Read on the forum that you guys in the states have been forbidden to start, drive, stand near, or even look at the car too long etc etc.

Nothing like this over here. Going by the dealership on friday to look at the car more thouroghly without the covers and will start it up and stuff. COuld be something to do with the juridial climate over here, it´s nothing like you have in the states. If the car would burn, I would probably get a free Porsche t-shirt or something for the inconvenience (and a new car of course).

matias
Old 02-25-2014, 04:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by FinHenke
Read on the forum that you guys in the states have been forbidden to start, drive, stand near, or even look at the car too long etc etc.
Not true in all cases. Mine's still in my garage; I look at it a lot......
Old 02-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

No, he said that they know where the problem is and will take care of it right away. He said it was some kind of gasket that leaked oil on the headers or something similar
If true, there would have been more cars suffering fires.

I don't buy it.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:22 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I'm sorry Finhenke,no disrespect,but I'm having a really hard time believing that this whole mess is happening because of a leaking valve cover gasket...
Maybe the dealer is trying to " ease up your worries "...?
Old 02-25-2014, 04:40 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Originally Posted by neanicu
I'm sorry Finhenke,no disrespect,but I'm having a really hard time believing that this whole mess is happening because of a leaking valve cover gasket...
Maybe the dealer is trying to " ease up your worries "...?
None taken

I would feel differently if I was in a super hurry or that I would be afraid of driving the car if there is something bigger. It could be that they will just do a check up of what they know and send me on my way. If it burns down, I´m sure I´ll get a new one without any extra charge, even from Porshce or my insurance company. Maybe I should wear my racesuit all the way from Helsinki to the Ring.

PS. The Clubsport package includes a fire extinguisher
Old 02-25-2014, 05:05 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

None taken I would feel differently if I was in a super hurry or that I would be afraid of driving the car if there is something bigger. It could be that they will just do a check up of what they know and send me on my way. If it burns down, I´m sure I´ll get a new one without any extra charge, even from Porshce or my insurance company. Maybe I should wear my racesuit all the way from Helsinki to the Ring. PS. The Clubsport package includes a fire extinguisher
Think on the bright side : your car might not be affected. As a matter of fact,the majority might not be affected,but we won't know until Porsche manages to figure it out...

Enjoy your car!

Old 02-26-2014, 02:59 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

That´s exactly right

Told by a mechanic to a guy that knows nothing about the technical stuff. But anyway, he doesn´t have any reason to minimize the problem, I´m not bothered or concerned about it at all.

Nothing like this over here. Going by the dealership on friday to look at the car more thouroghly without the covers and will start it up and stuff. COuld be something to do with the juridial climate over here, it´s nothing like you have in the states. If the car would burn, I would probably get a free Porsche t-shirt or something for the inconvenience (and a new car of course).

matias

LOL. !!!

That's frickin great!

Love it!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:04 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

^^
Old 02-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Ychaudhary
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank god for someone who isn't taking this situation as serious as most. Nothing against anyone else on the forum, but if this was such a serious problem they would be handling it much differently, this is just a precaution and I'm happy to hear that someone across the pond is still in good spirits
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ychaudhary
Thank god for someone who isn't taking this situation as serious as most. Nothing against anyone else on the forum, but if this was such a serious problem they would be handling it much differently, this is just a precaution and I'm happy to hear that someone across the pond is still in good spirits
Old 02-26-2014, 07:18 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Ah, Danish taxes! From what I recall you get to pay for the car, then pay 25% VAT (sales tax), and finally - drumroll - 180% registration tax. This makes for a nifty 205% total tax. I.e. you buy one car for yourself and two for your friends in government. Of corse this may have changed since I last lived in Denmark.

Here in California where I live now, they have their own way of getting you. In most of the US actually: every time a used car is bought/sold they charge sales tax. At least in Europe the VAT is paid once and then follows the car. Here, if you buy a new or used car you pay sales tax every time. So if you buy a used GT3, say 😄, for $100k, you get to pay near $9k in sales tax alone. If you change your mind the next day, no refund. Buy a different $100k car instead, pay another $9k. So if you like to buy and sell cars often you get to pay a whole lot of taxes.

In fact, perversely you are better off totaling your car than selling it, since most insurance companies also refund the sales tax towards buying a replacement car....
Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Thx.. I'll remember that next time I want to go to jail for Insurance fraud.. -- .. Kidding. I get proving the point.. LOL..

In IL they let you apply the value of the Trade in towards a new car.. e.g. trade in an M5 for 100k for a GT3 at 150K, only pay tax on 50K.. Guess it's not like that in Cali. Too bad.

Quick Reply: Ordered my GT3 yesterday, delivery in 2 weeks