Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by pietrostone
i can give you the email address of our club member in pm, you can write him directly
We appreciate the information you are posting. Please continue to update us as you learn more.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 PM
jonsack
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got an email from my dealer. My car was completed on 1/16 and arrived in Brunswick on the Marina Ace on Sunday. The dealer said they were aware of the stop sale memo and that the car was released from the Port and ready for transport to Hilton head a journey of about 80 miles. They are optimistic that the car will be available for delivery once it passes " final testing under Porsche guidelines". They will be doing the testing as soon as the car arrives and will let me know. They said they were optimistic there would be no problem. I will visit them tomorrow and get specifics.
At least I might get to see it this weekend! Here's hoping.......
Old 02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Here's a snapshot from the parts catalog. The heat exchanger is at the bottom. No bracket is visible (not to say that there isn't a bracket somewhere). There is also a heat exchanger or two on the transmission.

I was at the dealership a little while ago, wanted my mechanic to see if there is anything that seem or can come loose. As you said, there are two or three heat exchangers in the car and the one that cools the transmission has a bracket through which high pressure oil pipes run. He said that if this is the problem bracket, it probably requires engine removal for replacement.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:01 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@SamFromTX -- Hoping that is NOT the problem bracket for you. Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully, your car is in the clear.

Please keep us posted. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:10 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I was at the dealership a little while ago, wanted my mechanic to see if there is anything that seem or can come loose. As you said, there are two or three heat exchangers in the car and the one that cools the transmission has a bracket through which high pressure oil pipes run. He said that if this is the problem bracket, it probably requires engine removal for replacement.
No good Sam. I have to decide if I want this car when it comes in and just hoping crossing my fingers that it does not need engine removal.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jonsack
I just got an email from my dealer. My car was completed on 1/16 and arrived in Brunswick on the Marina Ace on Sunday. The dealer said they were aware of the stop sale memo and that the car was released from the Port and ready for transport to Hilton head a journey of about 80 miles. They are optimistic that the car will be available for delivery once it passes " final testing under Porsche guidelines". They will be doing the testing as soon as the car arrives and will let me know. They said they were optimistic there would be no problem. I will visit them tomorrow and get specifics.
At least I might get to see it this weekend! Here's hoping.......
Would it be stupid to assume that cars built after Jan. 16th are not subject to the recall?

BTW, if my car needs engine removal I doubt I will take delivery.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:13 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Would it be stupid to assume that cars built after Jan. 16th are not subject to the recall?

BTW, if my car needs engine removal I doubt I will take delivery.
+1
Old 02-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Might be.....
Better photo.
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2014, 08:19 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

It's actually not even funny anymore...

I'm really hoping all these rumors DO NOT turn out to be true!!! I would honestly feel bad for the guys excited to get their cars.
I can only imagine I would've been in the same situation had this car came with a manual transmission...

Not funny...

Hang in there guys...fingers crossed!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
The plot continues to thicken. I had assumed it was the oil cooler next to the sump and it still may be, but it goes to show how assumptions can possibly lead you astray.

Still, way too many "ifs" at this point; life's too short to worry about them all. Just came back from a short drive, car ran great. I'm going with that for now....
Old 02-13-2014, 08:31 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Haha you guys are cracking me up.

Lets keep this in perspective. We could have bigger problems than our non-essential sports cars needing a repair or two.

The car is awesome, Porsche will take care of it/us. If they don't, we'll just go buy vettes. Those never have problems...
Old 02-13-2014, 08:32 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
The plot continues to thicken. I had assumed it was the oil cooler next to the sump and it still may be, but it goes to show how assumptions can possibly lead you astray.

Still, way too many "ifs" at this point; life's too short to worry about them all. Just came back from a short drive, car ran great. I'm going with that for now....
Live in the moment; that's all any of us can hope to achieve.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:27 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Agree absolutely. Going to track with PCA this Saturday.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:32 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by lumber
we'll just go buy vettes. Those never have problems...
Hmmmm, two DEs ago, a Vette blew up, spewed oil all over the track on its first session. Last DE, another Vette did same. Maybe it's a coincidence but I'm never buying one....
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Live in the moment; that's all any of us can hope to achieve.
Wise words from the man with the lovely little girl, terrific dog, and beautiful car in his avatar. Well done, sir, and enjoy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stop Sale?