Sponsored by:

991 GT3 CDR AUDIO SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 12:53 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat L.
Thanks, that must be the case. Dealers are able to do that retrofit? I assume it's some stupid software enable process... pay them money and they just make a key stroke.
Yeah. Go to Suncoastparts.com and look for the Bluetooth Module for PCM. Should give you an idea.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Pat L.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Yeah. Go to Suncoastparts.com and look for the Bluetooth Module for PCM. Should give you an idea.
Great, thanks!
Old 06-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Why or why would anyone be concerned with an audio system in a high performance sport car? I can understand the interest if the car was a sedan but a loud sport car?

BTW, if you think the Porsche system is bad you should listen to the Ferrari audio system. It is a joke.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Pat L.
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nick
Why or why would anyone be concerned with an audio system in a high performance sport car? I can understand the interest if the car was a sedan but a loud sport car?

BTW, if you think the Porsche system is bad you should listen to the Ferrari audio system. It is a joke.
Speaking for myself, I bought the GT3 for a fun, weekend car or grocery getter. I actually don't plan on tracking it. I may be in a different boat than other owners, but I have the opportunity to get my "need for speed" in a dedicated race car. I also enjoy listening to music and tend to turn it up pretty loud when I am in the car regardless of whether I am running errands down the street or on a long road trip. I was one who was actually bummed the Bermester option wasn't available for the GT3 because I definitely would have ticked that box. Different strokes I guess. Maybe I need a C2S? Or maybe for the people who said the GT3 is just a beefed up Carrera it's time to change their tune.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:23 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Or maybe for the people who said the GT3 is just a beefed up Carrera it's time to change their tune.
No pun?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:29 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Thanks, that must be the case. Dealers are able to do that retrofit? I assume it's some stupid software enable process... pay them money and they just make a key stroke.
My understanding was that there is actually a unit that needs to be installed, unfortunately it is more than a keystroke on the computer. That said, I was talking to a salesman that said they got it covered for a couple of customers after delivery.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:54 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
It plays most of the popular formats, including aac. I just dumped all the music I had onto the jukebox (somehow including a few saved voicemails, which was awkward ).

Sound quality is not that great, though.
Ahhh. Cool. I wonder if you need to register it as an Apple device to play songs bought from iTunes.. or if they finally laxed that. Will have to try it.---
Ok.. they say drm disabled since 2009. Dang. I need to take a break and catch up on video games n such..
Old 06-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

^If you have the right option you have the USB port which you can connect your I-phone or I-pod so you can access all your preferred music.

I am with Pat L.; and I wish the car came with a kickass stereo system because I do love my music. But, on the other hand, if the "sound-plus package" still sucks I am not losing sleep. Preference is a great system but could care less if that option is not available. Would never take a great audio system over a great car. Would be great to have both but, unfortunately, the price you pay for superior performance
Old 06-17-2014, 12:24 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Y.. The Bose in my 911 Loaner rocks the base. Might have to hit south side of Chicago and get my Alpine back.. -- I love cruising to the beat in my lil G3'
I'll be Shifting to this beat in couple weeks.. YO..
Old 06-17-2014, 01:35 AM
Pat L.
Advanced

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Y.. The Bose in my 911 Loaner rocks the base. Might have to hit south side of Chicago and get my Alpine back.. -- I love cruising to the beat in my lil G3'
I'll be Shifting to this beat in couple weeks.. YO..
HAHA, YES, Short Dog! But that's going to sound like crap in the GT3

Old 06-17-2014, 01:29 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

HAHA, YES, Short Dog! But that's going to sound like crap in the GT3
^ +
So will D.R.E. -- Oh well. Dang.. Pandora put Short D, on my 'Snoop Dawg' Channel. -Cranking him on the 991 Loaner BOSE w/ my Compton hat.
I luv the way my Droid runs Pandora thru the PCM Bluetooth. I'll have to order that module thru Suncoast for the GT3 as I got caught up in 'My dealer said you don't need it on the Configurator' Think it's like $800.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Pat L.
Advanced

^ +
So will D.R.E. -- Oh well. Dang.. Pandora put Short D, on my 'Snoop Dawg' Channel. -Cranking him on the 991 Loaner BOSE w/ my Compton hat.
I luv the way my Droid runs Pandora thru the PCM Bluetooth. I'll have to order that module thru Suncoast for the GT3 as I got caught up in 'My dealer said you don't need it on the Configurator' Think it's like $800.
I'm in the same boat... really only need it to talk on the phone since I use the USB connection for my tunes.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:39 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^ + So will D.R.E. -- Oh well. Dang.. Pandora put Short D, on my 'Snoop Dawg' Channel. -Cranking him on the 991 Loaner BOSE w/ my Compton hat. I luv the way my Droid runs Pandora thru the PCM Bluetooth. I'll have to order that module thru Suncoast for the GT3 as I got caught up in 'My dealer said you don't need it on the Configurator' Think it's like $800.
Talk to your dealer and raise hell. Many have been able to get it tossed in retroactively.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 CDR AUDIO SYSTEM