Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Old 03-30-2015, 05:21 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe731
I suspect/hope they will have a GT3RS there in person. If they do, any special requests on photos or details?
You are the best!

Since everyone is concerned about the color as a result of lighting, I am wondering if the dealer could lend you a color card for UV and LO that we can reference from. For example, GR card could be put against the LO car, assuming there is one, to get a better sense of the relative shade. (Think of Eduardo's post w/ multiple chips. That was extremely useful.)

Good luck!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:22 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One interesting thing I saw at the dealership today. Is on there configurator if you select Ultraviolet, It gives u a comment of last production on this day.. So I do believe what you just mentioned makes total sense.. They will be building the cars in batches based on the colour.

Originally Posted by alaint101
Here's what I just received from PCNA, forwarded by my dealer. It's suggests the window will open up by the end of April. It also confirms what Eduardo and others have mentioned about the testing.

The interesting aspect, IMO, is the speculative build process by batch of colors. This might lead to a change in allocation timelines. We all knew this but this could imply also accelerated build for some colors.

"Still no updates on color availability and timing of orders. I expect to have feedback at the earliest late April (as they are retesting colors on the car). It's not that PTS will add 6 months to the build though. Basically what will probably happen is that they will lump colors together, so they may paint all of the Black ones in August, all of the Riviera Blue ones in September, etc etc etc. This is just my guess. In that case, we will internally handle the re-allocations to accommodate."
Old 03-30-2015, 05:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by alaint101
Here's what I just received from PCNA, forwarded by my dealer. It's suggests the window will open up by the end of April. It also confirms what Eduardo and others have mentioned about the testing.

The interesting aspect, IMO, is the speculative build process by batch of colors. This might lead to a change in allocation timelines. We all knew this but this could imply also accelerated build for some colors.

"Still no updates on color availability and timing of orders. I expect to have feedback at the earliest late April (as they are retesting colors on the car). It's not that PTS will add 6 months to the build though. Basically what will probably happen is that they will lump colors together, so they may paint all of the Black ones in August, all of the Riviera Blue ones in September, etc etc etc. This is just my guess. In that case, we will internally handle the re-allocations to accommodate."
When they call me late April I will throw some colors at them and see if anything sticks..
Old 03-30-2015, 06:56 PM
Joe731
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NY Auto Show GT3RS To Do's

1.) I will try to get a copy of paint chip samples if they will give it to me. If they have one, but won't give it to me, I'll at least try to take a picture of the paint chip sample. Personally, I am really going lava orange with black wheels, black headlight surrounds and black lower mirrors, so I hope the have the car there in Lava Orange.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

1.) I will try to get a copy of paint chip samples if they will give it to me. If they have one, but won't give it to me, I'll at least try to take a picture of the paint chip sample. Personally, I am really going lava orange with black wheels, black headlight surrounds and black lower mirrors, so I hope the have the car there in Lava Orange.
My build is also lava w/ black wheels but I have a PTS request... And in the list.

If the dealer lends you chips we all know, eg GR, that would be fantastic! Let us know what we can do to help.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:34 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks, Joe. Do you know definitively that an RS will be at the show, or too soon to know at this point? I'd think the local PCA members are in the know..., no?
Old 03-30-2015, 09:39 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm going to an event at the show on Thursday evening, will try to see if the RS is there if we don't hear before that.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:42 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I'm going to an event at the show on Thursday evening, will try to see if the RS is there if we don't hear before that.
Thanks, Nate. Appreciate it!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:43 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ

And if you talk to anyone from PCNA, please kindly remind them that they need to unleash more GT4 and GT3 RS allocs upon us.

Thank you.

(This won't be news to them, but the more they hear it, the better off our chances.)
Old 03-30-2015, 09:44 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Sorry, think I posted this release on the wrong thread:

Zuffenhausen 31 März 2015

NEW INDIVIDUAL AVAILABILITY for the 991 RS

In a surprise announcement today, Matthias Mueller, CEO of PAG said:

“We have been talking with our customers, and are delighted with the wave of interest in the 991 GT3 RS which we announced in Geneva.
As always, we listen to our customers, and have received some feedback on the potential costs to repair these cars after a trackday event, given the use of Magnesium, Titanium, Carbon Fibre, Aluminum and other materials.

Today, available on the second allocation of cars, we are delighted to introduce Porsche Aero Protekt. This revolutionary technology, which we call PAP, has two purposes., first to protect the car as never before in the event of a collision. At Porsche we want to make sure that our RS’s are covered.

Secondly, the the optional PHP technology ( Porsche Helium Pompe), the car can be lightened by the introduction of Helium.

Without further ado, let’s unveil the prototype now:

As can see, the safest RS ever produced.

We also have a significant change in our individual policy, offering our customers choices they have never had before, with the introduction not only of the GT3RS, but the R M, R L and R XL.
Out flexible production lines allow us to custom size the cars to fit the ever increasing range of customer sizes, so that in particular, our more expansive customers can avoid the problem illustrated below.

With these new products, we are pleased to remain at the forefront of cutting-edge innovation”
Old 03-31-2015, 07:07 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Sorry, think I posted this release on the wrong thread:

Zuffenhausen 31 März 2015

NEW INDIVIDUAL AVAILABILITY for the 991 RS

In a surprise announcement today, Matthias Mueller, CEO of PAG said:

“We have been talking with our customers, and are delighted with the wave of interest in the 991 GT3 RS which we announced in Geneva.
As always, we listen to our customers, and have received some feedback on the potential costs to repair these cars after a trackday event, given the use of Magnesium, Titanium, Carbon Fibre, Aluminum and other materials.

Today, available on the second allocation of cars, we are delighted to introduce Porsche Aero Protekt. This revolutionary technology, which we call PAP, has two purposes., first to protect the car as never before in the event of a collision. At Porsche we want to make sure that our RS’s are covered.

Secondly, the the optional PHP technology ( Porsche Helium Pompe), the car can be lightened by the introduction of Helium.

Without further ado, let’s unveil the prototype now:

As can see, the safest RS ever produced.

We also have a significant change in our individual policy, offering our customers choices they have never had before, with the introduction not only of the GT3RS, but the R M, R L and R XL.
Out flexible production lines allow us to custom size the cars to fit the ever increasing range of customer sizes, so that in particular, our more expansive customers can avoid the problem illustrated below.

With these new products, we are pleased to remain at the forefront of cutting-edge innovation”
Ha ha. Good one.

Happy Spring!
Old 03-31-2015, 12:14 PM
Tryptomine
Instructor

guys anyone know where to buy red and blue centrelocks ?
Want to have like on race cars right side is blue and left side is red.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2015, 01:16 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For those struggling with what lava orange looks like in real life, just spend $30 and have it in your garage. I did and love the color:

Amazon.com: 2014 Porsche 911 Lava Orange M2A/H2 Touch Up Paint Bottle Kit - Original Factory OEM Automotive Paint - Color Match Guaranteed: Automotive Amazon.com: 2014 Porsche 911 Lava Orange M2A/H2 Touch Up Paint Bottle Kit - Original Factory OEM Automotive Paint - Color Match Guaranteed: Automotive
Old 03-31-2015, 03:55 PM
Selvatico
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
For those struggling with what lava orange looks like in real life, just spend $30 and have it in your garage. I did and love the color:

Amazon.com: 2014 Porsche 911 Lava Orange M2A/H2 Touch Up Paint Bottle Kit - Original Factory OEM Automotive Paint - Color Match Guaranteed: Automotive
I ordered it 15 days ago but not yet received..I want then to copy it, ordering a larger quantity to a specialized shop and then paint a larger metal panel to check the results on the sun..We will see

BTW little OT for those interested:

Porsche 911 GT2 RS confirmed, due in 2018 most likely

Will be based on upcoming facelifted range
Porsche has announced a GT2 RS version of the 911 is in the works and will be out probably in 2018.

In an interview with Autocar, Andreas Preuninger manager of Porsche High Performance Cars said all GT-badged versions of the upcoming 911 facelift will remain naturally aspirated while the other models will be exclusively offered with a turbocharged engine. More importantly, he said a 911 GT2 is coming but we will have to wait a while as Preuninger mentioned it will be out towards the end of the facelift's lifespan so most likely they are targeting a 2018 release.

This announcement comes as a surprise taking into account at the beginning of the month the same man told Car and Driver in Geneva there might not be a 911 GT2 (991 generation) since Porsche believes the 911 GT3 RS is hardcore enough and can fulfill that role.

We remind you the previous 911 GT2 RS (997 generation) was limited to 500 units and packed a mighty 620 HP (462 kW) punch from a 3.6-liter six-cylinder twin-turbo boxer engine in a 1,370 kg (3,020 lbs) package. Porsche said it can do 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 3.5 seconds and top out at 205 mph (330 km/h).

Source: autocar.co.uk
Old 03-31-2015, 03:58 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Selvatico
I ordered it 15 days ago but not yet received..

there s a huge demand from Germany these days

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread