Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Zeus

1). It will be Geneva I am told by my PAG contacts.
2). The 991RS uses the same rear wing profile at TTS so it is flatter on the top of the rear curves.

No dealer have pricing or spec and this will be emailed to them around 01 March with a press embargo until the day Porsche unveil the car to the press which is usually 3-4 day before the show opens to the public.

This is all I know.
Dang, you and RC at odds. I think he said no Geneva launch. Let's see who has the better inside line.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by street
I hope that the base price color is something I can live with. I'm still fried about the $3,600 up charge for orange or green on the '07 .1 (I did orange like 60% of the buyers) and the dark gray on the '10 .2.

As for 21" rims, HRE can make anything you want (that will fit around the brakes).
I agree with you here. I refuse to pay Porsche for a colour I can buy a Hyundai in as stock. I ordered white on the 991 GT3 and even after 2000+ miles and 2 months Im happy with my decision.

I too am curious as to what Porsche come up with as the "signature" colour for the GT3RS. I think they have become more conservative over the last 7 years with their signature colours (10RS= grey/black, 09GT3=white, 14GT3=white), really since the 997.1 GT3RS. If they are going to charge another $50K for this car as is quite firmly rumopured Id like to see a "free" signature colour that is a "statement". How hard is it to choose a great blue (Riviera?).

I briefly explored PTS Mexico blue for my GT3. The timing didnt work (meant waiting for 6 months for another production slot with no certainty as its RHD car).In the end though I probably couldnt have justified it. It was around $5K for Mexico blue. Its not like the factory have to match my wife's lipstick. This colour should be a standard option...

Rant over.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frayed
Dang, you and RC at odds. I think he said no Geneva launch. Let's see who has the better inside line.
Frayed. I chuckled reading that. Im not so confident in RC sources these days Im afraid...

This source is actually one of my best source. Not saying that makes it real. I was offered one of the first RHD production slots for 991 RS to come off the line (just as I was offered and secured with the GT3) two weeks ago when I was given this intel. I have declined and passed the option on to someone I know, but he is taking delivery of a P1 around teh same time frame and so probably will not bite. If there are any other Kiwi or Australian that want to save some money I can help them....

I guess we wait and see.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

P.S. I should also point out I was told Generva almost 2 weeks ago so unless something has radically changed since then...
Old 01-30-2014, 05:54 PM
frayed
Race Car

Frayed. I chuckled reading that. Im not so confident in RC sources these days Im afraid...

This source is actually one of my best source. Not saying that makes it real. I was offered one of the first RHD production slots for 991 RS to come off the line (just as I was offered and secured with the GT3) two weeks ago when I was given this intel. I have declined and passed the option on to someone I know, but he is taking delivery of a P1 around teh same time frame and so probably will not bite. If there are any other Kiwi or Australian that want to save some money I can help them....

I guess we wait and see.
Ha just messing with you.

RC running around frantically lately telling everyone how they should feel about the GT3 vis a vis the TTS. Silly stuff really, though I'm sure he's a great guy.

I think the burnt orange RS will likely be too much for me cause my GT3 will see more street miles than track miles, most likely. But I'm very interested nevertheless.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:56 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info Macca!

Somewhere someone said the RS will launch in a Flat Orange color, followed by a Metallic Orange, or darker version a little later.

I agree with you. Porsche needs to develope a signature color for the model & stick with it. The paint and process also need to be special...something you wouldn't get on a Kia.

I wonder if the RS's wheels will be the same design as that of the GT3's, only 1 inch larger, or a whole new design. Can't think of anything better than the current GT3's.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:42 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmmm...was rather counting on the RS to show up at Geneva.....just about to book tickets/accommodation for Mar 11/12.....helped that the local Ferrari dealer added the tempter of access to the Ferrari stand...and walk through of the Speciale/LaFerrari...the Speciale is proving especially tempting and wanted to contrast with RS

Almost given up on Rennteam...find RC's obstinacy a real turn off....
Old 01-31-2014, 06:03 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I think you will be fine Bill.
I stopped visiting Rennteam a while back . Became a bit of a soapbox.
Gt3RS will definitely launch in non metallic colour. Be great to see it in a darker orange
Old 01-31-2014, 06:57 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Wouldn't place much weight on anything RC brings to that forum... Had my fair share of exchanges with him... I'm sure he's nice enough but beyond blindly preaching the Porsche line, I haven't seen many accurate revelations posted on that forum in recent years...

Hell, on rennteam the CL issue doesn't even exist, its a figment of our imagination because Porsche fixed it, ha!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
It is funny to me that, with all of the tech, zip-tied dryer-vent ducting is still the preferred method for race car ventilation.
It's functional, lightweight, and cheap plus it's safer than having hard plastic sticking out of the dashboard.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:56 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

^+easy to re-direct for different size drivers.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:02 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Ha just messing with you.

I think the burnt orange RS will likely be too much for me cause my GT3 will see more street miles than track miles, most likely. But I'm very interested nevertheless.
dont worry, your frayed hair will be the focus no matter what color your car is.

Zeus

1). It will be Geneva I am told by my PAG contacts.
2). The 991RS uses the same rear wing profile at TTS so it is flatter on the top of the rear curves.

This is all I know.
disappointing. i really want a wing that's HUGE. wider than my trailer 8.5'... go big or go home.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:12 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sorry Mooty.

By "wing" I mean "fender". If IRCC you are Singaporean and will understand the translation from English to Americano LOL!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 AM
markow
Racer

i think RC is more worried about the date when his most beloved TTS gets face-lifted. i hear porsche has a secret cooperation with dyson going on to assure RC's aural pleasure becomes otherworldly after the facelift:::)))
peter
Old 02-02-2014, 01:57 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I think the next GT3RS will have Turbo S body. Id be surprised if it were any wider.
It will most likely have front fender lips to allow slightly more front tire.
Downforce should be via a large wing as usual.
Count on race buckets as seen in euro 991GT3.
Dog tounge door pulls will be standard fare.
Gearing will be more then standard 991GT3.
PDK software should be the same as non RS 991GT3 because I cannot see how it could be anymore efficient for track?
Radio and A/C delete will be back.
Euro only clubsport will return.
Euro only light weight rear window will be there.
Lightweight headlight option is questionable.
Dampers will be valved slightly different if anything.
4.0L DFI with 500hp makes sense.

Buy one of these, drop side mufflers, Install 991Cup size wheels/sticky tires and it should prove to work up a sweat on the track.

Depending on price, id hit it.

Last edited by tcsracing1; 02-03-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread