Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:21 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
by no means directed at you. i am just pissed whenever i think of these practices. and that is way car sales ppl get a bad name.
Same here. I even maintain a list of dealers I'll never do business with again (or even the first time) based on these practices.

Originally Posted by Macca
Its poor business practice to be an official retailer of a well known international brand product and to accept a deposit for a sale (essentially a contract to supply) and either move that depositors position on the list (favour another customer who may have arrived late but have an affiliation with the deposit holder) or indeed charge any more than the manufacturers recommended retail price for that region. All IMO of course...
I cannot +1 this any harder.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:23 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

By the way, the other solution if you aren't on a list yet is to get on a list, and be patient. Hopefully there will be a second model year for the 991.1 GT3 RS. If there isn't, you're already on the list waiting for a 991.2 GT3 RS when it drops.

Anyone who thinks it won't drop is fooling themselves. Porsche learned a valuable lesson with the 997... multiple variants wins. It wins so much that other manufacturers are following suit. Porsche perfected this tactic.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Not sure why that would be considered "poor business practice" as the deposit is to secure a build slot, not a build slot at MSRP (or any other price).

It's an arms-length transaction. Nothing poor about it. And certainly not the price.
no, my deposit came with a contract which states msrp at the time deposit was taken. yes, i can sue them. but my hourly rate is way too high to muck around with them. waste of time. most importantly, it gets my blood pressure up and temper flaring, rather not die from heart attack. i believe in what comes around goes around... my lovely 4.0 came to me from a great RL'ster. no strings, no fee, no nothing. just passed to me open spec that i ordered to my needs. another great RL'ster pulled his strings to have it delivered to me at my local dealer via courtesy delivery free of charge. i believe when you do enough good, good things happen to you. if you do enough bad, well.... and those dealers i dealt with know inside of them who's right who's wrong... one day they will have a nightmare. a proverb i believe, " revenge is not too late a decade or two later"

i hold my grudge for a LONG time.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:25 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
By the way, the other solution if you aren't on a list yet is to get on a list, and be patient. Hopefully there will be a second model year for the 991.1 GT3 RS. If there isn't, you're already on the list waiting for a 991.2 GT3 RS when it drops.

Anyone who thinks it won't drop is fooling themselves. Porsche learned a valuable lesson with the 997... multiple variants wins. It wins so much that other manufacturers are following suit. Porsche perfected this tactic.
i put your name and my both on vinnie's 991.3RSRR list ;-)
you can do mexico blue and i have horny green or blood orange.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:25 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Old 08-17-2014, 01:30 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Same here. I even maintain a list of dealers I'll never do business with again (or even the first time) based on these practices.

i hope carlsen if first on your list
Old 08-17-2014, 01:31 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

i put your name and my both on vinnie's 991.3RSRR list ;-)
you can do mexico blue and i have horny green or blood orange.

Haha. Thanks man, as always!

Last edited by GreenLantern; 08-17-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:33 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

i hope carlsen if first on your list
Haha. They're actually number 28, but only because of when they were added. Far too late, I unfortunately have to admit.

The list is unfortunately long, but includes BMW and Mercedes dealerships, as well. I've interacted with far too many dealerships over the past decade for my taste. Thankfully, through friends, and Rennlist, I've got a good selection of trustworthy sales teams that I work with now, and my frustration has been minimized. This experience should be a pleasant one... I don't want to walk out with a bad taste in my mouth after parting with $100k - $300k.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:35 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,772 Likes on 4,772 Posts

no, my deposit came with a contract which states msrp at the time deposit was taken. yes, i can sue them. but my hourly rate is way too high to muck around with them. waste of time. most importantly, it gets my blood pressure up and temper flaring, rather not die from heart attack. i believe in what comes around goes around... my lovely 4.0 came to me from a great RL'ster. no strings, no fee, no nothing. just passed to me open spec that i ordered to my needs. another great RL'ster pulled his strings to have it delivered to me at my local dealer via courtesy delivery free of charge. i believe when you do enough good, good things happen to you. if you do enough bad, well.... and those dealers i dealt with know inside of them who's right who's wrong... one day they will have a nightmare. a proverb i believe, " revenge is not too late a decade or two later"

Well said.

And revenge is never too late.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

====> macca, to be fair, oldguy and laguna are both located in CA. in the most fk'd state in USA, MANY dealers, i mean MANY dealers, especially in LA then followed by SF, do not play by the rule. you can have deposit or paid in full and still not get a car at msrp. strange but true. i know b/c i was there. see my signature. if deposit had true meaning, i be more than happy to park more than just deposit in dealer's escrow acc't.

of course not ALL dealers are this way. but they are the exceptions not the norm. sad....
My NorCal dealer took my deposit ($1K) and gave me an agreement in writing that I would be first on the list for a 991 GT3 and that they would sell it to me at MSRP. Maybe they are the exception, but I wouldn't do business with anyone who wasn't willing to do that.

See from your later post that you had a contract too. Blood pressure or no, you should have rammed it down their throat....
Old 08-17-2014, 12:36 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here. My deposit came with a contract stipulating the sales price (MSRP). It is signed by the sales manager.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:11 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
My NorCal dealer took my deposit ($1K) and gave me an agreement in writing that I would be first on the list for a 991 GT3 and that they would sell it to me at MSRP. Maybe they are the exception, but I wouldn't do business with anyone who wasn't willing to do that.

See from your later post that you had a contract too. Blood pressure or no, you should have rammed it down their throat....
I do so with a vengeance now
and the power of social media is pretty amazing in doing that.
have u seen my signature below
Old 08-17-2014, 08:57 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Macca;11581260]Mike. I saw that pig in the sky too - way down under! Snowflakes fell on my gazing face too. Not bad for the tropics :-)

Pete. We still meeting around Xmas in NZ right? Ive booked my tickets for 20 Dec. Well take the 993 and the GT3 for a ride on some winding back roads. After you've drive it in anger you will be switched onto it I think.
Tropics? I'm going in with a few friends and build an Ark, 98F 100% humidity non stop Tstorms, my pool keeps overflowing..
Disgusting, I wanted to stay in CA, but it's communist, NZ like expensive, Prius hog the left lane, the fires are about to be put out by earthquaked into the pacific....
Kinda like Sydney

BTW the 50th anniversary was picked up with a bunch of CEL today... Not a good foreboding that :-)

NZ in Dec; First we do south Island, Dec 19 we're leaving Wellington, 20-22 Featherston, 22-24 Lake taupo and than Christmas in Auckland. Wifey wants an automatic RS so we have the go ahead to sneak in some driving, you'll just have to come to Sebring to return the favor. Look forward to meeting up and drive the local roads :-)

BTW my rental is a Subaru, not bad I think, but where can I get a RWD manual car that I fit in and that I can pick up Queenstown and drop off in Auckland?

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 08-18-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

have u seen my signature below
Yes I have... Carlsen will never have my business so I think your sig worked!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Pete. Tropics = Vanuatu (where I live) :-).

Will be in CA in April. LA, Vegas. Not much good for a redux I suspect given you are in FL!

Xmas drive sounds the ticket. Will PM you contact details. Subaru is fine. Not sure on rental cars only know the main ones (Europcar, Hertz, Avis, Budget) who may provide the service you want. Pay for the reduced excess as they are all scoundrels.

50th anniversary with a CEL. Serves you right taking it to the track straight from the dealer. Seriously tho, its probably a ghost in the machine. More tech in the rear hub on one of those than the entire 964 engine ECU LOL!

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread