Sponsored by:

Warning on R compound tire

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Whatever happened to the "every Porsche ever made is a race car"?

I guess they want us to buy cup cars. I wonder if the RS will carry the same warning. On mine they require added maintenance (manual supplement) on bearings, hubs and uprights if slicks are used. I did mine, front and rear - cost $6,000! Sheesh. My 996 Gt3 and 997 MK1 RS both lived happily with slicks and had no issues. Centerlocks maybe?
Old 01-17-2014, 07:36 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Autoblog: "Chevy is dead set on venturing off into the land of the Nissan GT-R and Porsche 911 GT3 with its track-focused Z/28, and firmly states that this car is not to be treated as a daily driver. To that end, Chevy is extending the factory warranty on the Z/28 to include track use – the company stands behind the full performance capabilities of this car."

See you on track in 2014. Please be quick with your point-by of the $75k, 5-lug wheel dinosaur in which GM has the confidence to offer with an explicit track use warranty.

Sorry, I've been sooooo good for so many months, just had to come say "hello"

Carry on...
Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2014, 07:42 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

is yours here yet?
i want a ride.
i am not ghetto like you. i have posrsche decal to replace the bow tie and this will sport P O R S C H E GZ/28 RSR on the back
Old 01-17-2014, 07:48 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
is yours here yet?
i want a ride.
i am not ghetto like you. i have posrsche decal to replace the bow tie and this will sport P O R S C H E GZ/28 RSR on the back
Haha!

Did you notice the front bowtie on the new Z is just a hollow outline?

They are just opening up the very first allocations late this month. April-ish deliveries for the first cars. They are still tuning the darn things. Of course I'll give you a ride.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

ALLOCATION? are they learning from the germans?
i want to buy car.
i plan to spend money.
i am used to ppl kissing my rear when i spend money.
this ALLOCATION business is driving me nuts.
i think i will just practice walking now. forget cars.
i will ALLOCATE myself to porsche such they have opportunity to give me a car.

OMG....

work is slow today isn't it.....
or maybe i had too many chocolate. they told me not to finish that 8th box of cocobella
Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default R Compound

I heard back from the dealer and think they're humbly retracting what they stated earlier.

I think they misspoke and meant "slicks" in particular and NOT "R Compound" tires.

So, hopefully my car will be repaired in time (see other thread Reduced Performance) and if so, I'll be testing out the Trofeos that Woodman tires has on the trailer for me.

The PS2's were amazing, but I could tell even w/ decent tread still left, they suffer a smidgen after so many heat cycles. I've never run Trofeos before and interested to compare.

Will keep you all posted.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:42 AM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
I heard back from the dealer and think they're humbly retracting what they stated earlier.

I think they misspoke and meant "slicks" in particular and NOT "R Compound" tires.

So, hopefully my car will be repaired in time (see other thread Reduced Performance) and if so, I'll be testing out the Trofeos that Woodman tires has on the trailer for me.

The PS2's were amazing, but I could tell even w/ decent tread still left, they suffer a smidgen after so many heat cycles. I've never run Trofeos before and interested to compare.

Will keep you all posted.
It would be great to hear a comparison between the Trofeos & New Cups – looking forward to it!

Quick Reply: Warning on R compound tire