Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport plus seat backs, standard or leather?

Old 01-15-2014, 12:39 PM
mtuttle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by denny
My sales guy talked me out of the leather covered seat backs, claiming that with that option one sees nothing but a bunch of dark leather from the rear. He went on to say that the standard seatback, being in a lighter color, shows off the contour of the seatback much better than would leather. Am still a bit on the fence. Will probably go back and look at the dealer's configurator using their big screen and see how it looks there.

denny
Don't listen to your sales guy! I have them with red stitching and they look awesome. If you don't mind spending the money I'd say go for it, along with the steering column.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:43 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by mtuttle
Don't listen to your sales guy! I have them with red stitching and they look awesome. If you don't mind spending the money I'd say go for it, along with the steering column.
Can you post a pic of yours with the red stitching? Red contrast stitching would be the only way to mKe these worth that huge cost... Didn't realize you could see it.

Another option is going for the carbon sills and wrapping seat backs in 3m wrap for a great matching look for much cheaper than leather seat backs.

Need pics
Old 01-15-2014, 02:20 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vinyl rap for the seat backs is the way to go. I thought of the leather but vinyl in satin black like the wheels or carbon if you are opting for that will look great. Only a few bucks.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:45 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
Vinyl rap for the seat backs is the way to go. I thought of the leather but vinyl in satin black like the wheels or carbon if you are opting for that will look great. Only a few bucks.
If I were to vinyl wrap the seat back I wonder if they could vinyl wrap all the other silver components.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:12 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
If I were to vinyl wrap the seat back I wonder if they could vinyl wrap all the other silver components.
They sure could but a bit time consuming and expensive since they would have to take all the pieces out. I have been told the seats could be done while in the car so much simpler labor.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:26 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Can you post a pic of yours with the red stitching? Red contrast stitching would be the only way to mKe these worth that huge cost... Didn't realize you could see it.

Another option is going for the carbon sills and wrapping seat backs in 3m wrap for a great matching look for much cheaper than leather seat backs.

Need pics
Alexiio, wrapping the seat backs is the only option for me now. I think you are right and it will look nice > leather cost $1800. Not sure how much the wrap will cost. Possibly $500?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:59 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Any thoughts on vinyl wrapping the seat backs to match the exterior paint color? As an example, black with red stitching and white seat backs.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Photos plea to fortunate owners.

We need to see a few good photos of the actual standard GT3 seat backs. What color are they? Does the color match the color of any other components in the car or is another shade of the gray/silver palette? Is the finish glossy, flat, or satin? Are the seat backs the same color as on the 991 Carreras?

Thanks

Obviously a flash pic but it shows the color and texture fairly well. It is a satin finish as 24Chromium says. It doesn't match any of the other interior colors per se, but there are already silvers, grays, and blacks and the seat backs are a variation on the theme.

Leather seat backs would have been very nice, but it wasn't worth $1800 to me. I actually have no objection to the silver-gray seat backs and would personally rather keep them the way they are than put on a fake applique of some kind. But that's just me.

Obviously the yellow stickers have to go, though....
Attached Images   
Old 01-15-2014, 09:22 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Maybe the standard seat backs will be a better match with the Anthracite trim
Old 01-15-2014, 09:27 PM
mtuttle
Advanced

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Need pics
I think there is a picture of the seat backs on this thread.
"Just off the truck" I am not sure how to paste the link. It's around 1/4/14.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

I don't think it's a big deal because there are no rear seats and no one looks at the backs. If you get open up the door to get into the car, even as a passenger, it's barely noticeable. More importantly, I don't think it looks bad in any way.

Not worth $1800 IMHO. I would consider a carbon fiber wrap however........
Old 01-15-2014, 09:30 PM
mtuttle
Advanced

I think there is a picture of the seat backs on this thread.
"Just off the truck" I am not sure how to paste the link. It's around 1/4/14.
It's actually posted on 1/1/14.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:54 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

It's actually posted on 1/1/14.
Here's the pic of mtuttle's seat back.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I tried to add this leather option but too late. I agree with Mike. It's hefty price. The STD seat blacks are easily scratched if you put stuff in the back. I have couple marks that annoys me every-time I see it and yes I tried being extra careful. I suppose leather could get damaged as well but not as easy as the STD seat backs.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a bunch of dough the seat and leather options you could load up the options for the same $7k....I think $ for $ kills bugs fast $1600 door sills are one of the more creative ways to blow money on your gt3. If your going to keep your car for two or more years load it up and enjoy it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport plus seat backs, standard or leather?