Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Reload this Page >

Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option?

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option?

 
Old 01-13-2014, 12:42 PM
  #1  
mcsmcs1
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,071
Default Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option?

I am considering switching to the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum Interior Package and would love to see some photos of interiors with that specification. Please include the console too.
mcsmcs1 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 PM
  #2  
lamarmotte
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 46
Default

lamarmotte is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:32 PM
  #3  
skuplist
User
 
skuplist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston, Texes
Posts: 793
Default

Looks great but my issue is you still have the door handles, steering wheel, and shift *** in the standard silver.
skuplist is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:40 PM
  #4  
mcsmcs1
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,071
Default

Originally Posted by skuplist View Post
Looks great but my issue is you still have the door handles, steering wheel, and shift *** in the standard silver.
And the lower door trim, the vent trim and the glove box handle. Are you saying the standard brushed aluminum is a better match with the shiny silver pieces?
mcsmcs1 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:45 PM
  #5  
lamarmotte
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 46
Default

I found anthracite better, because brusched alu and shiny plastic silver pieces don't match.

But i prefer carbon insert, match with the bucket seats
lamarmotte is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 PM
  #6  
mcsmcs1
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,071
Default

Originally Posted by lamarmotte View Post
I found anthracite better, because brusched alu and shiny plastic silver pieces don't match.

But i prefer carbon insert, match with the bucket seats
Hey lamarmotte, don't get me started on those sport buckets!
mcsmcs1 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:50 PM
  #7  
lamarmotte
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1 View Post
Hey lamarmotte, don't get me started on those sport buckets!
lol
lamarmotte is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM
  #8  
Nick
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: La Jolla
Posts: 3,438
Default

Not enough of a difference to delay your car.
Nick is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:33 PM
  #9  
Drifting
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Drifting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 3,127
Default

Originally Posted by lamarmotte View Post
I found anthracite better, because brusched alu and shiny plastic silver pieces don't match.

But i prefer carbon insert, match with the bucket seats
Exactly. This is something that is best seen in the flesh. The standard brushed aluminum trim doesn't really match the shiny (non-brushed aluminum) on the door handles, gear shift, and sports design wheel. The aluminum look trim is kind of shiny, yet still manages to clash with the shiny door handles, and is not as elegant looking on the dash trim, particularly next to red, black, and alcantara.

You need to see these back to back in the flesh which is why I flew to another state this weekend to check this out and several other GT3 options.
I looked at two GT3s within an hour of each other. Both had the deviated red stitching. One had anthracite trim, one had regular aluminum trim.

The anthracite was much more elegant and looked like it belonged on a high-end sports car. It reminded me a bit of a Ferrari interior. And it matched the colors better. The Anthracite blends really well next to the alcantara on the dash trim and the door.

As a side note, I think the anthracite is a must have if you order deviated red stitching as the doors look far better with anthracite and it does better job of blending the 4 colors on the dash.
However, if you order the full leather/alcantara interior without the red stitching, I don't think it's necessary to order the anthracite, and I think it looks better in standard brushed aluminum. Macca said the same about his standard full leather car.

Last edited by Drifting; 01-13-2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: .
Drifting is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:21 PM
  #10  
Road Racin
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 255
Default

Is the console trim anthracite too or the std silver? Can't really tell from the pic. Thanks
Road Racin is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 PM
  #11  
sgroer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sgroer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 2,980
Default

Originally Posted by Road Racin View Post
Is the console trim anthracite too or the std silver? Can't really tell from the pic. Thanks

It's Anthracite per other discussion in this thread or another (can't remember).
sgroer is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 02:37 PM
  #12  
jlee504
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jlee504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,840
Default

What about the carbon fiber trim? Did you see a car with that? I've tried pulling all kinds of photos and the gloss on them make it hard to see what what they would look like in person. The flash from whatever camera seems to always create a reflection..

Jeff
Originally Posted by Drifting View Post
Exactly. This is something that is best seen in the flesh. The standard brushed aluminum trim doesn't really match the shiny (non-brushed aluminum) on the door handles, gear shift, and sports design wheel. The aluminum look trim is kind of shiny, yet still manages to clash with the shiny door handles, and is not as elegant looking on the dash trim, particularly next to red, black, and alcantara.

You need to see these back to back in the flesh which is why I flew to another state this weekend to check this out and several other GT3 options.
I looked at two GT3s within an hour of each other. Both had the deviated red stitching. One had anthracite trim, one had regular aluminum trim.

The anthracite was much more elegant and looked like it belonged on a high-end sports car. It reminded me a bit of a Ferrari interior. And it matched the colors better. The Anthracite blends really well next to the alcantara on the dash trim and the door.

As a side note, I think the anthracite is a must have if you order deviated red stitching as the doors look far better with anthracite and it does better job of blending the 4 colors on the dash.
However, if you order the full leather/alcantara interior without the red stitching, I don't think it's necessary to order the anthracite, and I think it looks better in standard brushed aluminum. Macca said the same about his standard full leather car.
jlee504 is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 02:59 PM
  #13  
0Q991
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
0Q991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,708
Default

The weave it tight--much more so than what you usually see on trim. I'm sure your local PCar dealer has an example on a car to show...
0Q991 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option?


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: