Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/795180-can-someone-post-some-photos-of-the-anthracite-brushed-aluminum-option.html)

mcsmcs1 01-13-2014 12:42 PM

Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option?

I am considering switching to the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum Interior Package and would love to see some photos of interiors with that specification. Please include the console too.

lamarmotte 01-13-2014 06:27 PM

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...anthracite.jpg

skuplist 01-13-2014 06:32 PM

Looks great but my issue is you still have the door handles, steering wheel, and shift nob in the standard silver.

mcsmcs1 01-13-2014 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by skuplist (Post 11048725)
Looks great but my issue is you still have the door handles, steering wheel, and shift nob in the standard silver.

And the lower door trim, the vent trim and the glove box handle. Are you saying the standard brushed aluminum is a better match with the shiny silver pieces?

lamarmotte 01-13-2014 06:45 PM

I found anthracite better, because brusched alu and shiny plastic silver pieces don't match.

But i prefer carbon insert, match with the bucket seats

mcsmcs1 01-13-2014 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by lamarmotte (Post 11048768)
I found anthracite better, because brusched alu and shiny plastic silver pieces don't match.

Hey lamarmotte, don't get me started on those sport buckets!

lamarmotte 01-13-2014 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1 (Post 11048773)
Hey lamarmotte, don't get me started on those sport buckets!

lol

Nick 01-13-2014 08:41 PM

Not enough of a difference to delay your car.

Drifting 01-13-2014 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by lamarmotte (Post 11048768)

Exactly. This is something that is best seen in the flesh. The standard brushed aluminum trim doesn't really match the shiny (non-brushed aluminum) on the door handles, gear shift, and sports design wheel. The aluminum look trim is kind of shiny, yet still manages to clash with the shiny door handles, and is not as elegant looking on the dash trim, particularly next to red, black, and alcantara.

You need to see these back to back in the flesh which is why I flew to another state this weekend to check this out and several other GT3 options.
I looked at two GT3s within an hour of each other. Both had the deviated red stitching. One had anthracite trim, one had regular aluminum trim.

The anthracite was much more elegant and looked like it belonged on a high-end sports car. It reminded me a bit of a Ferrari interior. And it matched the colors better. The Anthracite blends really well next to the alcantara on the dash trim and the door.

As a side note, I think the anthracite is a must have if you order deviated red stitching as the doors look far better with anthracite and it does better job of blending the 4 colors on the dash.
However, if you order the full leather/alcantara interior without the red stitching, I don't think it's necessary to order the anthracite, and I think it looks better in standard brushed aluminum. Macca said the same about his standard full leather car.

Road Racin 01-13-2014 10:21 PM

Is the console trim anthracite too or the std silver? Can't really tell from the pic. Thanks

sgroer 01-13-2014 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Road Racin (Post 11049525)
Is the console trim anthracite too or the std silver? Can't really tell from the pic. Thanks

It's Anthracite per other discussion in this thread or another (can't remember).

jlee504 01-14-2014 02:37 PM

What about the carbon fiber trim? Did you see a car with that? I've tried pulling all kinds of photos and the gloss on them make it hard to see what what they would look like in person. The flash from whatever camera seems to always create a reflection..

Jeff

Originally Posted by Drifting (Post 11049331)
Exactly. This is something that is best seen in the flesh. The standard brushed aluminum trim doesn't really match the shiny (non-brushed aluminum) on the door handles, gear shift, and sports design wheel. The aluminum look trim is kind of shiny, yet still manages to clash with the shiny door handles, and is not as elegant looking on the dash trim, particularly next to red, black, and alcantara.

You need to see these back to back in the flesh which is why I flew to another state this weekend to check this out and several other GT3 options.
I looked at two GT3s within an hour of each other. Both had the deviated red stitching. One had anthracite trim, one had regular aluminum trim.

The anthracite was much more elegant and looked like it belonged on a high-end sports car. It reminded me a bit of a Ferrari interior. And it matched the colors better. The Anthracite blends really well next to the alcantara on the dash trim and the door.

As a side note, I think the anthracite is a must have if you order deviated red stitching as the doors look far better with anthracite and it does better job of blending the 4 colors on the dash.
However, if you order the full leather/alcantara interior without the red stitching, I don't think it's necessary to order the anthracite, and I think it looks better in standard brushed aluminum. Macca said the same about his standard full leather car.

0Q991 01-14-2014 02:59 PM

The weave it tight--much more so than what you usually see on trim. I'm sure your local PCar dealer has an example on a car to show...