Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Info Request on Option 1T1 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/794952-info-request-on-option-1t1.html)

24Chromium 01-11-2014 07:01 PM

Info Request on Option 1T1

Looking for a photo or a complete description of Porsche option 1T1, First Aid Kit.

MJones 01-11-2014 07:26 PM

Band Aids, Gauze ?????
It's cheap enough , Get It

Mike in CA 01-11-2014 07:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Where did that option # come from? It's not listed in the US configurator AFAIK.

I have a Porsche first aid kit that came with my Tourist Delivery '09 Carrera, as it's a requirement in Europe. I'm posting pics just in case, but I have no idea if it's the same one as the kit you're referring to.

24Chromium 01-11-2014 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in CA (Post 11044062)
Where did that option # come from? It's not listed in the US configurator AFAIK.

Correct! It is NOT on the USA configurator. I saw it on a build sheet (USA car) that someone had sent me.

I suspect that your photos do indeed show the kit in question. I was sort of expecting the triangles (used to alert on-coming traffic that you're stopped) to be included as well. Don't know why they never include those in the USA.

Mike in CA 01-11-2014 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by 24Chromium (Post 11044541)
Correct! It is NOT on the USA configurator. I saw it on a build sheet (USA car) that someone had sent me.

I suspect that your photos do indeed show the kit in question. I was sort of expecting the triangles (used to alert on-coming traffic that you're stopped) to be included as well. Don't know why they never include those in the USA.

I also have the triangle..... ;)

Interesting about the build sheet for a USA car that shows the first aid kit. I wonder if it was a tourist delivery....

MBDark 01-12-2014 01:18 AM

You could add it to your options list when putting your order in at the dealer, it's under their options, but not on the configurator.

MaxLTV 01-12-2014 01:34 AM

If you do Euro delivery, they put it in the car, along with collapsible triangle, because you cannot drive off the lot without it. Nothing special in there - basic first aid kit. I had to buy flares, space-blankets and other stuff separately.

Z356 01-12-2014 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MaxLTV (Post 11044763)
If you do Euro delivery, they put it in the car, along with collapsible triangle, because you cannot drive off the lot without it.

Correctamundo. And take it all with you before you drop of the car with the Forwarder. Both of these things tend to 'disappear' in shipping. On my last European Delivery (post 9/11), I forgot to put in my checked luggage the 'First Aid Kit' from my car. And there is one item in there that didn't pass muster. Thus, I forfeited the medical scissors at the security check point at the Munich airport.

Also try to take with you at least one (e.g. front) of your Zoll plates, just in case they also 'get lost' during the car's shipping process from Europe to your dealer. You want those mementos from all of your European Deliveries mounted on your garage wall.

Saludos,
Eduardo

mooty 01-12-2014 04:13 AM

i have both. useless.
the triangle is flimsy.

911rox 01-12-2014 04:23 AM

If I broke down, I wouldn't want a triangle... I'd want a blanket to bury my head under to avoid being laughed at and heckled by bogans driving by in their rust buckets... haha... ;)