Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Allocation Nightmare

Old 01-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
These are all the reasons it's easier to get the new z06 then beg some dealer.
Having something be "easier to get" is irrelevant if you have no desire for it in the first place....
Old 01-12-2014, 02:06 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by thejudge
Hello all,

Been on Rennlist for the last year non stop and this is my first post.

Last January, I purchased a 991s from The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills. Wasn't the dealer I usually work with but purchased the car under the one condition that I be placed around the top of the waiting list for the GT3. The manager agreed, took my 5 thousand dollar deposit and off I went.

About seven months ago, they asked for my build, and told me I was first. Following up, a few months later, they gave me the entire production delay shpeel and I believed it because of everyone else experiencing the same thing.

After telling me, two months ago, that my build is locked, the dealer informed me yesterday that I don't have an allocation and he has no intention of getting me a GT3!!

I immediately emailed PCNA, but was hoping someone here can recommend the proper course of action in this case. Thank you so much in advance.
AG is a 'premier' dealer, big volume and should probably have more allocations than anyone. I know someone who went through the same thing with them for an F430 Ferrari. I think he ended up being part of a lawsuit where they had to get him a car, but he never had a good relationship with the dealer. Good luck.
Jim
Old 01-12-2014, 02:29 PM
thejudge
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
AG is a 'premier' dealer, big volume and should probably have more allocations than anyone. I know someone who went through the same thing with them for an F430 Ferrari. I think he ended up being part of a lawsuit where they had to get him a car, but he never had a good relationship with the dealer. Good luck.
Jim
I was "promised" their first allocation aside from the one car they would take for the dealership to sell above MSRP. The whole factory delay situation really threw off any suspicions I had. I also have over 100 text messages between the dealer and I regarding the status of my car. I have the emails confirming my build.

I also have an email from the President, Eric Schwartz, regarding a trade in for my Cayenne, in which he refers to "his" Chinese exporter who is willing to buy the car.

My issue at the moment is that PCNA has not responded to my email. I refuse to let this go without being resolved. I also wonder what kind of legal action I can take. Not sure what the damages are. Wouldn't a judge simply say, "poor guy didn't get his GT3 boo hoo"??
Old 01-12-2014, 02:32 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Having something be "easier to get" is irrelevant if you have no desire for it in the first place....
Exactly
Old 01-12-2014, 02:35 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Good thing millions of people don't have the desire for same car. Better for everyone involved.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

I was "promised" their first allocation aside from the one car they would take for the dealership to sell above MSRP. The whole factory delay situation really threw off any suspicions I had. I also have over 100 text messages between the dealer and I regarding the status of my car. I have the emails confirming my build.

I also have an email from the President, Eric Schwartz, regarding a trade in for my Cayenne, in which he refers to "his" Chinese exporter who is willing to buy the car.

My issue at the moment is that PCNA has not responded to my email. I refuse to let this go without being resolved. I also wonder what kind of legal action I can take. Not sure what the damages are. Wouldn't a judge simply say, "poor guy didn't get his GT3 boo hoo"??
Assuming the court finds an agreement, then there is in action known as "specific performance" which means the court enforces the agreement and the dealership provides you a GT3.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were in your shoes, I'd email a very polite, non emotional, and fact based email to the CEO of Porsche Cars North America. Highlight your Porsche history and a summary of the deceit of your dealer. Make it clear that all you want is the car that Porsche promised and that you've been excitedly waiting for. I bet they'll find you an allocation somewhere.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:38 AM
green
Pro

+1
Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess is that Atlanta will stay clear as the dealers are not owned by PCNA. It is a local dealer issue and you need to find a way to bring local pressure. Just a guess.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd just move on. Nothing to be gained by raising your gastric acid level now. Very disappointing but I'd direct my energy to the RS or start looking for used GT3 to hit the market soon.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:29 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

I would NOT give up. Pursue this via PCNA with whatever evidence you have to support your claim. You have nothing to lose really, but I would concurrently pursue other options with other dealers as a backup.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:55 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I'd just move on. Nothing to be gained by raising your gastric acid level now. Very disappointing but I'd direct my energy to the RS or start looking for used GT3 to hit the market soon.
This....

I wouldn't want that dealer to make a cent of me after their deceitful antics... Get your deposit back off them and spend your money elsewhere... I would only involve PCNA so far as helping you find an alternative allocation to make up for your stellar treatment till now, not to have them force those crooks into honouring their agreement...

As for the legal avenue suggestions, don't go there... No car is worth that expense and heartache....
Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
This....

As for the legal avenue suggestions, don't go there... No car is worth that expense and heartache....
My lawyer friend always says a bad settlement is better than a good lawsuit. Lots of wisdom there, and I can attest with experience.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:33 PM
thejudge
AutoX

I'd like to thank everyone for caring and trying to help out. Got some good advice from everyone.

Totally agree that no car is worth this much headache and heartache but I've developed an unhealthy desire for this thing. Sounds totally foolish and bratty to be upset about not getting a GT3 when billions of people are starving and what not at the moment. That being said, a GT3 has long been a dream of mine and I was seriously looking forward to enjoying every minute of it. Will figure something out one way or another. Not letting this one go...
Old 01-13-2014, 10:52 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
My lawyer friend always says a bad settlement is better than a good lawsuit. Lots of wisdom there, and I can attest with experience.
True----but he is "The Judge". ??????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership Allocation Nightmare