Sponsored by:

Dealership Allocation Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 05:03 PM
exile330
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Should I feel like an amateur for only trusting my dealer's word and the proof of deposit from my Amex card? I haven't receive any paperwork, anyone else?
u r not alone.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:04 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Some dealers truly deserve their hard earned reputation. That sucks for you.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Should I feel like an amateur for only trusting my dealer's word and the proof of deposit from my Amex card? I haven't receive any paperwork, anyone else?
When I placed my deposit back in March of 2012 I asked for and received a cover sheet from the dealer stipulating the amount of the deposit and the fact that it was for the first allocation and production of a 991 GT3 that the dealer would receive. Both my salesman and the sales manager signed it. I trust my salesman completely and the dealer has always played square with me, but was taking no chances that in two years he might be somewhere else, there was a change of management, and I could get somehow screwed.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:12 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your challenge is that their commitment was to place you near the top.... what does that mean? Get your money back and look elsewhere. My guess is that they have a dozen people willing to pay list plus that have purchased all kinds of cars and the GT3 will be the least expressive of those.
As the car rental lady told Steve Martin in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" " I guess you're fu&ked"
Old 01-11-2014, 06:09 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry for your pain!
In any event attend PSDS, you'll have a ball!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:35 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

To the OP,

There were two mistakes made:
1) You did not get detailed agreement in writing (ie confirmed 1st allocation for 2014 991 GT3)
2) Deposit at a California dealer...they are notorious for taking deposits and then if the car is in demand, will simply forget about your deposit and sell to the highest bidder. That's why they did not give you any detail as a "receipt" for your deposit.

I learned this years ago, when all dealers were sold/booked for '07 GT3's, yet all of the Ca. dealers had cars on the floor ready to go...for a price.

Bill
Old 01-11-2014, 07:02 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

They F'ed you for a few extra $K. Auto Gallery is now scum in my book.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:40 PM
P1CR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My order from Rusnak came with a proper printed receipt attached to a print-out of the car's specification as well as a signed letter from the manager of the dealer (none of which I asked for).

My guy there is Mike Medina. A refreshingly pleasant guy who doesn't offend your senses like most of these dudes. It's a shame you have to lose your spot, but Rusnak may have more allocations.

I'm happy to give him a ring for you. Email me at maz@singervehicledesign.com
Old 01-11-2014, 07:47 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

here is the response from my dealership..I told them about the experience with a few of you guys here on RL.

Hey Kevin
Good to hear from you, Rennlist is technically right and also technically wrong, there are two types of allocation, a commission number is issued when we have an allocation actually hit our system in whats called "V200" status which means we can go in and change options on a car, build it and have a dealer delivery date.
Your allocation is in our system as a "future allocation" which means we know we have it, we have an approx timeframe when we'll see the car and its our next GT3 allocation but it has to move from that status into the other status before I can see a commission number etc.

Should I be paranoid?

KFM
Old 01-11-2014, 07:53 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like you got quick response. I'd guess you are fine. Nothing incorrect in his statement.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:59 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
here is the response from my dealership..I told them about the experience with a few of you guys here on RL.

Hey Kevin
Good to hear from you, Rennlist is technically right and also technically wrong, there are two types of allocation, a commission number is issued when we have an allocation actually hit our system in whats called "V200" status which means we can go in and change options on a car, build it and have a dealer delivery date.
Your allocation is in our system as a "future allocation" which means we know we have it, we have an approx timeframe when we'll see the car and its our next GT3 allocation but it has to move from that status into the other status before I can see a commission number etc.

Should I be paranoid?

KFM
I would't be but mainly depends on your relationship with your dealership. I put a $1,000 deposit to secure a a GT3RS almost a year ago and all I got was a receipt for the amount and on it hand written "New GT3RS". Unless management changes when the car is out, I have no worries.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:16 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I would't be but mainly depends on your relationship with your dealership. I put a $1,000 deposit to secure a a GT3RS almost a year ago and all I got was a receipt for the amount and on it hand written "New GT3RS". Unless management changes when the car is out, I have no worries.
I put down $3k last April.
They only received one 2014 allocation (smallish dealership I guess) and I was #2, so am first to get a 2015 MY, supposedly Q4 2014.

I do have the CC receipt and am looking for the paperwork they gave me.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

deleted
Old 01-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey Kevin

Should I be paranoid?

KFM
What they're telling you is correct. You don't get a commission number until you input an actual order into Porsche's system.

Where the OP got screwed is that he was promised an allocation and placed a deposit, but the dealership didn't honor their promise and either gave the allocation to someone else or kept it for themselves. He never got to the point where he was able to place an order and get a commission number.

What a dealer should be willing to provide, as mine did, is something in writing that says that if they get 2 allocations, for example, and you are number 2 on the list, that you are guaranteed to get a car. Obviously, if they get fewer cars than they have people waiting, then all bets are off for some of those folks.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Kevin

Should I be paranoid?

KFM
I agree these are correct statements so why is the dealer saying you won't be getting a GT3? His last statement states you have a future allocation coming.

Quick Reply: Dealership Allocation Nightmare