Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Leather

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eduardo, nice catch! You are absolutely correct...and now I am rethinking my statement about the $1700 option :-/
Old 01-08-2014, 05:30 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to justify the 1700 bucks IMO.
I'm also avoiding the back seats in leather for the same reason. Plus it's a 2 seater so nobody should be looking at the back of the seats anyway!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

I agree the leather option for the back of the seats seems unnecessary. However, the extended dash leather is a must to complete the car especially if you order the partial leather interior. However, I will acknowledge that the Porsche faux leather doesn't look too bad.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:54 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts
Default confused...

I ordered CZW and XNS on my GT3 with full leather interior and standard silver stitching. Will CZW and XNS come with the silver stitching same as the rest of the car or something else (black)?

Considering to order XWK...if so same question.

Also was wondering about rear center console in leather which was an option for the 997 but not available for the 991GT3?

Appreciate your help Eduardo! Hope to meet you one day, I am in Monterey often

Best,

Jochen
Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Wheel in Alcantara as standard, with leather as a no cost option (Option 840, I believe).

that is my understanding
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by porschemeister
I ordered CZW and XNS on my GT3 with full leather interior and standard silver stitching. Will CZW and XNS come with the silver stitching same as the rest of the car or something else (black) Considering to order XWK...if so same question.
Good question. In the 991 gt3, 'Silver' appears to be the 'default/standard' stitching thread used. As most of you know, a greyish charcoal is the 'default/standard' stitching thread for every other 991 model (see photo #1). On a regular 991 interior, you need to specify deviating stitching for every single panel you request (unless part of a 'dual tone' interior)...and pay an additional amount for it. This might not apply to the gt3 because 'Silver' is the default/standard stitching and not a 'deviating' color. However, the thing that has me worry is that Hoopumpers' photo (see #2) appears to be a 991 gt3! Look closely at the interior 'Alcantara' elements. And note that the stitching is different in CZW than in the 'Silver' dash! So it pays to check this question that you ask directly with Sascha Glaesser or Melissa Witek at 'Porsche Exclusive', just to double check what your dealer is telling you!

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...ive/contactus/

Also was wondering about rear center console in leather which was an option for the 997 but not available for the 991GT3?
Are you talking about the lid on the center console? You get 'Alcantara' as standard and the configurator offers you a $300 'smooth leather option' (photo #3). I don't recommend that last option to anyone. The smooth leather is so tightly wrapped that it looks like a high-grade vinyl cover! If you appreciate grained leather and want to make sure it looks like it with fine French stitching to show, you need to have the option XHS (photo #4 & #5). But that is not available on the gt3! So unlike you can get Sascha or Melissa to create a special request for that part on your custom order, you might be out of luck! However, I think the standard 'Alcantara' lid goes extremely well with the rest of your gt3 interior (photo # 6). I only wish it would have had decorative stitching to make it stand out even more!

Appreciate your help Eduardo! Hope to meet you one day, I am in Monterey often. Best, Jochen
Send me a pm or email next time you are in the area and will get together.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images       
Old 01-08-2014, 07:33 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Okay. I get it. The Alcantara parts will show wear. But, what are the alternatives? The seat inserts, door handles, and bottom of the dash only come in Alacantara. As far as I know, we don't have any other choices on the GT3.

Perhaps there's a market for vinyl interior wrap? Sort of like Grandma's living room furniture.

For what it's worth...I have a 2013 Cayenne GTS with the full leather alcantara interior and it looks absolutely brand new and has 6k miles on it...so whatever they are using is pretty good stuff now...
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
... Are you talking about the lid on the center console? You get 'Alcantara' as standard and the configurator offers you a $300 'smooth leather option' (photo #3). I don't recommend that last option to anyone. The smooth leather is so tightly wrapped that it looks like a high-grade vinyl cover! ...
The GT3 configurator doesn't offer a smooth leather lid. The "center console trim in leather" replaces the aluminum strip with black leather.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
For sure - this time around, since I was custom ordering and not giving in and buying off the lot as I normally do, I wanted to really customize...got a lot of personal touches to make it more special, to me.
Any word on your car? Still no word on mine...dealer is like molasses...slow response and zero effort to find out for me...
Last I heard was the cleared PDI info on Monday with transport the next step; nothing since.....

Originally Posted by Dan39
Hey Mike, just suggesting you have a look at a 997 because my recollection was that there was a noticeable worn look on the seat inserts as you mention, but also the shifter, which will be reduced on this car but still noticeable (it doesn't take much contact and oil/dirt transfer to do it), on the door handles, and at the bottom of the dash where you'll get rub from passengers if I'm not mistaken. I've never gotten full leather so my recollection may not be perfect, but I did go check it out before this order and I was put off for the reasons mentioned.
Hi Dan, I rarely have a passenger so I don't think the under dash area will be an issue for me. That just leaves the door handles and I thought those were Alcantera whether you got full leather or not, but I could be mistaken. Admittedly I haven't had Alcantera in a car except on the roof of my C2S so I'll have to see how it goes, but I think/hope any negatives will be outweighed by what the optional interior adds to the car.

I have attached photos (#2 to #5) of a 991 WITHOUT any form of CZW on its dash. All examples are of 'full leather' interiors, so the front dash is in leather. The additional trim on the dash (ventilation & speaker) are done in plastic 'soft touch' paint. As you can see, there is no stitching of any sort - unlike the photo you provided us! For the sake of clarification for the forum, and to make sure we have correct information, I thought I would point that out.
Eduardo, thanks for posting those photos and clarifying that. At the Porsche Zentrum in Carmel during Historics week I went back and forth several times between a car with the extended leather dash and one without, like that shown in your pictures. Personally, I thought the non-extended dash looked good in person; better than the same area on my 997.2.

I wouldn't question anyone's decision to get that extra leather piece, but for my part I was completely ok without it, and spent that money on other things.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:56 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

What does the option CLP add for $690
I took a screenshot of the 3D configurator both with CLP and without it and can't tell the difference
Thanks,
Kevin

Without CLP--

With CLP--

Old 01-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
What does the option CLP add for $690
I took a screenshot of the 3D configurator both with CLP and without it and can't tell the difference
Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin, a pic was posted earlier with the areas highlighted in green that were included in CLP. Maybe someone remembers where it is. Bottom line, two of the 3 areas of extra leather were only visible when the door was open and the 3rd was a minor leather add which is why none are noticeable in your photos. Personally I'd spend the extra $690 elsewhere.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

CLP is here

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/787648-trim-3.html
Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

ok, got it--thx
Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Zero911
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

However, I think the standard 'Alcantara' lid goes extremely well with the rest of your gt3 interior (photo # 6). I only wish it would have had decorative stitching to make it stand out even more!
So this pic you posted (your pic #6):

Is just these two options:

68 Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara(r) with Stitching in Guards Red ($3,320)
749 Leather Interior Package with Decorative Red Stitching ($1,490)

and that's it right? No other additional options selected?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Never go full leather!
Ha ha . I was thinking the exact same thing.

Quick Reply: Full Leather